I like both.
  • edited June 2009
    4 :eek:
  • edited June 2009
    thin029 wrote: »
    4 :eek:

get him!
  • edited June 2009
    LOL this is almost totally unfair I object !
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah I do not think there is even a contest between the two... but I do not think that 4 deserves being crapped on as much as it gets... Sure it was different and they tried something new... but its not that bad and there was a lot of stuff thrown in there just for the fans.. and I can appreciate the effort. At least they didn't go all Kings Quest 8 on us.
  • edited June 2009
    Agreed, and 4 is definitely the funniest in the series - it's gag-a-minute.
  • edited June 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Yeah I do not think there is even a contest between the two... but I do not think that 4 deserves being crapped on as much as it gets... Sure it was different and they tried something new... but its not that bad and there was a lot of stuff thrown in there just for the fans.. and I can appreciate the effort. At least they didn't go all Kings Quest 8 on us.

Escape isn't a bad game, but it's just weakest of the series. When fanboys are talking they are very harsh towards the games they didn't like as much as they liked the first ones. You can see similar phenomenon when trekkies compare "The Wrath of Khan" to most recent Star Trek film or when Star Wars fanboys compare old and new trilogies.

Personally I'm easy to please and I can enjoy all of the stuff I mentioned above, but some people have stronger opinions about their favourite fictional movie and game series. Sure I like some parts of the series more than others, but I rather watch/play even a mediocre sequel than nothing at all.
  • edited June 2009
    I liked 4, but to me 3 is better - the cartoony graphical style just suited the game so much better, plus the mouse-driven interface was better than the console-esque interface of 4. That verb-coin did take a bit of getting used to though...:D
  • edited June 2009
    Aside from monkey combat I surprisingly find myself playing 4 more often than 3 even though I always thought I liked 3 more . 3 always feels like more a choire than 4, but I love 3 for blood island .
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009
    I prefer 3, 4 is a good game. It just isn't a Monkey Island game.
  • edited June 2009
    I think the ending to Mi-4 makes people want to say that. Other than that I really like Mi-4 I never knew that before I starting talking smack on these forums for the game and needlessly defending it as I chase people out of threads yelling obscenities at them when they delicately have shared their opinions . Mi4 really goes back to alot of the roots of the franchise in my opinion and holds alot of the good from the third game. I believe that the ending was horrific , but getting through it was part of the challange, the giant monkey kombat wasn't my thing but I liked watching the video at the end regardless . Mi-4 had some good parts for certain. Karla in the bars , riding the mainatee, I'm a fan boy I would only be entertaining myself if I went on , and I would prob over compensate and bore everyone else reading this post as I have typed it out as I am typing it right now as I was typing it right now.
  • edited June 2009
    and now i have to type some random stuff in order to meet the minimum character requirement
  • edited June 2009
    I guess I would have to play Escape again to give a fair oppinion. Only played it once and dont remember it that well. Someone mentioned Going through Curse felt like a choir? Isnt it just because it has been played 3 times as many times due to comming out a few years earlier? Monkey 4 felt like a choir to me even the first time, due to the controls. Just felt like so much wasted time having to move Guybrush around to everywhere instead of just clicking and watching him go.

But the jokes where fun. I liked trying the insult armwrestling and other kinds of insult fights. I guess I sort of liked Monkey Combat also, but it was like taking an IQ test, and it took quite a while to map all those moves and counter moves. All the stuff about ancient languages and all that before doing it was also rather fun.
  • edited June 2009
    Mi3 was unbelieveble, amazing, awesome

Mi4 ... ins't a true Monkey Island game!
  • edited June 2009
    I have to be honest when i say 3 completley shits all over 4

Although 4 was the first i played and i enjoyed a lot of parts, although i havent played it since 2002 so im not sure how it would hold out now but from memory 3 > 4
  • edited June 2009
    TheJoe wrote: »
    I prefer 3, 4 is a good game. It just isn't a Monkey Island game.

Second that.
  • edited June 2009
    Okay, the only reason that I feel MI4 was a letdown was that the other games were so much better, taken by itself, it's a half decent adventure game. I can't get behind whoever said it was the funniest one though, I think that prize goes to MI2, closely followed by MI3. One of my problems with it that it didn't make me laugh nearly enough. Too many pop culture/in joke references and not enough actual humour.
  • edited June 2009
    mi4 was full of brilliant gags.

Iron Maiden, excellent!
  • FuzFuz
    edited June 2009
    Neither.
  • bai_ganyobai_ganyo Banned
    edited June 2009
    MI2, of course
Sign in to comment in this discussion.