Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2015

I've often thought about that myself. It's never brought up in the movies (or the game, or television show) but if I remember correctly, when someone brought this up on these forums, one of the writers said Marty remembers both timelines once the last part of the large time ripple that was created due to him traveling through time smooths out and time catches up to him.

Someone once brought up the movie Frequency, and it seems like it works like that (although it took longer for Marty, since he actually traveled through time as opposed to just communicating with the past). Once time catches up with itself, he has knowledge of both timelines, with their conflicting events, at the same time.

That's got to be weird too though. I can't imagine waking up one day and suddenly having conflicting memories with a different series of events. Plus, he'd have more conflicting memories after the events of the third film, and more after the game, and who knows how many different conflicting memories he has after the events of the television show. Marty must have a much stronger mind than he's given credit for.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.