TWAU won't even load on OSX 10.6.8

Hi there, I've been trying to get the game to launch for the last two days...

All I get is the beach ball of death. Activity monitor shows the app as not responding. Not even a black screen. System wide freeze.

It's the Steam version. TWD is running fine on my Steam client.

As suggested in another thread, I tried launching TWAU with Steam offline, re-checked cache integrity, Steam client is up to date, nothing works.

Sys specs can be found in the diagnostic tool report below.

Comments

• And now I can't even seem to get rid of this 'spoiler'- button. Aaargh!!!

• Hello hello SUPPORT?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for any difficulties you have experienced. Below are a few possible solutions (You may have tried a few of these, but I will post all of the potential solutions to resolve the issue below):

1) Restart your computer

2) Play the game with your computer disconnected from the internet

3) If your Mac has multiple graphics cards, go to your system preference and click on ‘energy saver’. Uncheck ‘Automatic Graphics Switching’ and this will make sure your Mac is using your more powerful graphics card.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Try playing the game with no other programs running in the background

6) Reinstall the game

7) Unplug all USB devices other than a mouse and keyboard, plug headphones into the audio out jack, then start the game again.

• Thanks. Tried this all (among other workarounds/fixes) out already.
    Just received a refund from the seller. Will maybe re-buy when the software is stable.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.