What authority does Ramsay have to give the Ironwood away?

Earlier in Episode 1, Tyrion tells Mira how only the Master of Coin has the authority to do something like that, but Ramsay was just about to give all of Ironrath to Lord Whitehill without even the king's approval. What authority does he have to do this?

Comments

• I think Ramsay is under the assumption that the crown doesn't care who their Ironwood comes from so long as they get it. The Forresters were Stark bannermen and the Whitehills were Bolton bannermen, and now the Boltons are in charge of the North and are loyal to the king, whereas the Forresters are seen as traitors.

With the Whitehills in control of the Ironwood, the Crown gets it from someone they 'trust' as opposed to a house loyal to traitors who might tamper with it or something.

Plus Ramsay just likes to prey on the weak so he gets a kick out of it too.

• Master of Coin can do no such thing. He's the Minister of Finances. Hand of the King, however, has the authority to do that, but (I haven't played the game, just using my knowledge from the books) I think we're already past the point where Tyrion was (acting) Hand of the King. Ramsay argues from a point that he's the heir of Roose, who became the Warden of the North after the Red Wedding and therefore has the authority to do that. King's authority/decision/consent is not necessary for minor territorial disputes like these ones.

• He's got pointed arguments.

• In the game Tyrion says Master of the Coin controls who the crown get its resources from, which actually sounds accurate. That is the kind of thing someone in charge of the kingdoms finances would control.

Lingvort posted: »

Master of Coin can do no such thing. He's the Minister of Finances. Hand of the King, however, has the authority to do that, but (I haven't

• This still gives Master of Coin no authority in state matters, other than in finances. Master of Coin has no authority over "administrative" functions, so to speak. It's still under the authority of King/Hand of the King.

retroberrii posted: »

In the game Tyrion says Master of the Coin controls who the crown get its resources from, which actually sounds accurate. That is the kind of thing someone in charge of the kingdoms finances would control.

• That's basically the gist of it. The Master of Coin decides in this case because the ironwood is a financial matter, but he can still ultimately be overruled by the King or the Hand of the King.

This still gives Master of Coin no authority in state matters, other than in finances. Master of Coin has no authority over "administrative" functions, so to speak. It's still under the authority of King/Hand of the King.

• You are correct about Tyrion not being HOTK anymore. Tywin is back in the city, and Tyrion made Master of Coin. The game begins with the northern storyline, right at the Red Wedding and follows Gared long enough for him to get back to Ironrath, and sent away again. But where we pick up the southern storyline seems to be somewhere between the wedding of Sansa and Tyrion, and The Purple Wedding.

I wish we could see Sansa before she disapears, i mean we are both of the north, both screwed from families of presumed traitors. You would think we'd be best friends, or at least know each other in passing. Maybe their keeping us apart on purpose? Maybe we will get to speak at the wedding? I can only hope i guess

Master of Coin can do no such thing. He's the Minister of Finances. Hand of the King, however, has the authority to do that, but (I haven't

• All he said he would do was choosing to have the crown go to the Forresters for Iron Wood over anyone else. This was before Ramsay took away the Forresters iron wood, but if you did it right the Whitehills only have half. So basically hell only be guaranteeing that the crown buys from the Forresters as opposed to the Whitehills. And that is within his power as the Master of Coin.

This still gives Master of Coin no authority in state matters, other than in finances. Master of Coin has no authority over "administrative" functions, so to speak. It's still under the authority of King/Hand of the King.

• His father is Warden of the North.

• The authority of his dick.

Hail Ramsay!

• I think Ramsay is a guy that lives outside of rules. I think he's so high up on Roose Bolton being his father that he couldn't care less about Joffrey's approval. It was a fairly small house so I doubt he was feeling the need to travel all the way to king's landing to be granted permission.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.