Tales of Monkey Island - HighRes Character Renders

Lookie what I found!

They were photoshop project files (except for Elaine, her image was just too big) so I made them image-posting friendly. :)

elainepose.png

lechuckhighres.png

guybrushhighres.png

voodooladyhighres.png

Comments

• edited June 2009
    The more I see the new Guybrush the more I like him. He's definitely older, but he retains the certain something that is Guybrush.
  • edited June 2009
    serweet wrote: »
    The more I see the new Guybrush the more I like him. He's definitely older, but he retains the certain something that is Guybrush.
    In the first batch of screenshots, he looked a bit strange.. but the more I see of him, especially animated, he looks more and more like I would expect him to.
  • edited June 2009
    In the first batch of screenshots, he looked a bit strange.. but the more I see of him, especially animated, he looks more and more like I would expect him to.

Yeah, animated his gate is perfect for Guybrush.
    And Elaine looks pretty spot on aswell, in the games style. Yes she may not resemble the high(er) def pictures of Elaine in SoMI, but she looks more composed than Guybrush and resembles her characteristics well.
  • edited June 2009
    serweet wrote: »
    Yeah, animated his gate is perfect for Guybrush.
    And Elaine looks pretty spot on aswell, in the games style. Yes she may not resemble the high(er) def pictures of Elaine in SoMI, but she looks more composed than Guybrush and resembles her characteristics well.
    Well I know Ron Gilbert just recently said he never liked the close-up shots, so to me that pretty much means that's not how the characters were ever supposed to look. The close-ups as far as I know are not done by Steve Purcell. His cover art for SoMI is a sort of half-way point between realistic and cartoony, whereas the close-ups were just realistic.
  • edited June 2009
    Well I know Ron Gilbert just recently said he never liked the close-up shots, so to me that pretty much means that's not how the characters were ever supposed to look. The close-ups as far as I know are not done by Steve Purcell. His cover art for SoMI is a sort of half-way point between realistic and cartoony, whereas the close-ups were just realistic.

Aye, true. Though a lot of people look back on them as inspirational, which they were. But definitely, the series has moved on stylistically from those close ups, which added depth to the game, as now that depth can be portrayed in facial expression and movement.
    I'm definitely pleased thorugh with what I am seeing from Telltale, I just cannot wait for the release. See it all in motion, all the characters, islands, and basically everything I've hoped for come into motion.
  • edited June 2009
    Hoppy, can you share the original files?
  • edited June 2009
    Although the close-ups from the EGA version looks (to me) a lot like Steves art work.
    guy.brush368.jpg
    One more reason for sticking with EGA.
    The VGA close-ups looks like the cover from a book by Danielle Steel.
  • edited June 2009
    Ignatius wrote: »
    The VGA close-ups looks like the cover from a book by Danielle Steel.
    ITYM "like a book by Danielle Steal or Rosamunde Pilfer"... ;)

np: Tosca - Doris Dub (Suzuki)
  • edited June 2009
    I think Guybrush's sword is cool.

Too cool for Guybrush, sadly.
  • edited June 2009
    Esp too cool seeing how they say they did not do insult sword fighting well in this game. Elaine looks fantastic though.
  • edited June 2009
    LeChuck has a lot of height to him. Longer legs, maybe? Makes him a lot more similar to the first two games, which is great!:)

Also, was I the only one who never was aware of the "VIP" section of the site, until Guybrush pointed it out?:confused:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Marduk wrote: »
    I think Guybrush's sword is cool.

Too cool for Guybrush, sadly.

If it helps you feel better, (spoiler here)
    he probably loses it in the first 10 minutes of the game.
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    If it helps you feel better, (spoiler here)
    he probably loses it in the first 10 minutes of the game.
    YAY! :)

np: Tosca - Suzuki (Suzuki)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.