Ooops! The screen isn't centered!

edited April 2006 in Game Support
Hello, adventure fans,

I have just bought The Great Cow Race and when I start the game the screen is moved to the right and the image is cut! Of course I can center it with the monitor's buttons but it is a nightmare to center the screen every time I play Cow Race and change again when I return to Windows.

My Windows XP resolution is 1024x768 and my monitor is a 21" Belinea. Any ideas?

P.D.: Please excuse my poor english, I am from Spain. Hey TellTale, what about a spanish translation of Bone?

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2006
    That may just be your monitor responding somewhat ungracefully to the screen resolution switch (Bone runs at 800x600). Aside from adjusting the screen to play the game, the other easy fix is to run the game in windowed mode (press alt-enter while in game, or just turn on windowed mode in the game's option screen).

If you don't like playing games windowed, you might be stuck with readjusting your monitor each time to display the different resolutions. That's what I have to do at home on my PC :( Time to get a flatpanel!
  • edited April 2006
    Thanks for the advice.
    I have been doing some changes and the image is centered at 100 Hz. But at 120 Hz it is moved to the left, and at 150 Hz (the refresh rate I use) it is moved to the right... Funny....
    It is the only game I have that changes the position of the image, and it is frustating to change the refresh rate every time I play Cow Race... I hope Telltale can fix it...

By the way, I have been playing Cow Race about one hour and It is very funny, much better than Boneville. Good Job TellTale!!! :x
  • edited April 2006
    UPDATE: I have discovered that it happens with all the games that run at 800x600, when my monitor is configured at 1024x768. So the fastest solution seems to change the Windows resolution to 800x600 every time I play Cow. I can live with it, but I hope the next Bone games can run at 1024x768... ;)
  • edited April 2006
    If you adjust your monitor while it's running at the in-game 800x600, it should remember the settings and use them whenever you're running 800x600.

I too found the inability to adjust resolution mildly irritating, though not a dealbreaker or anything in this type of game. 800x600 on a 22" monitor just isn't very ideal.
  • edited April 2006
    Yes, you are right: If I adjust my monitor while I am playing at 800x600, it remembers the settings and it works well when I return to the game. So problem fixed... :)

But as you say, to play a game at 800x600 on a 21" monitor is not an ideal setting... It looks fine because the graphics are sharp and I can use antialiasing, buy I would like to play at 1024x768, specially because it is a 3D game, and it is very easy to change resolution in a 3D game...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2006
    Right now Telltale's games use a single standard resolution for consistency and ease of QA/testing/support - it's easy to have a very standard set of system specs and help solve peoples technical issues when your game has a standard visual setting. That said, as has been posted elsewhere by Kevin, if and when Telltale games start supporting higher resolutions you'll see it back-ported to older episodes.
  • edited April 2006
    Great news. As I said, the game looks good at 800x600 on my 21" monitor, but the more the better. Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.