Gryff Whitehill

I kind of hope Gryff turns out to be a more sympathetic character, rather than just another antagonist like his father.
Painting the Whitehills as all villains is a little too black-and-white for Game of Thrones in my opinion. Not that Gryff would side with the Forresters against his own family or anything, but that he actually just tries to maintain the peace rather than further oppressing Ironrath. Maybe he even tries to be friends with Talia much to Royland's distase. Then, of course, when Asher arrives that'll throw a spanner in the works because of the history with Gryff's sister.
I'm also curious where Britt is going to fit into the story and whether Duncan or Gared ever get the chance to kill him.

Comments

• Well we better get the chance to kill Britt. I swore i would!

• His father wouldn't trust him that much if he weren't the same as him though. :/

• Exactly! I thought so too.

ninoobz posted: »

His father wouldn't trust him that much if he weren't the same as him though.

• Gryff kills his dad and grabs Gared from the wall. Then they all fly away on a rainbow and live happily ever after.

dream ends

Well. Shit.

• I will only cooperate with him if he helps us kill his dad and save our house.

If not...well...He's on my hit list.

• We'll find out what he's like next week, hopefully.

• As far as I can tell, he seems to be there, so we can have a hostage once we take over again, so the Whitehills can't just kill Ryon.

• And Bran will be warging that rainbow! :D

...Wait this got weird fast.

Gryff kills his dad and grabs Gared from the wall. Then they all fly away on a rainbow and live happily ever after. dream ends Well. Shit.

• I like the way you think.

HiroVoid posted: »

As far as I can tell, he seems to be there, so we can have a hostage once we take over again, so the Whitehills can't just kill Ryon.

• Don't they have a larger army then us? So if we do that the Whitehills can just slaughter us, also if we just take Gryff hostage they could easly kill Ryon and leave the house in a worse position since they'll be no lords.

HiroVoid posted: »

As far as I can tell, he seems to be there, so we can have a hostage once we take over again, so the Whitehills can't just kill Ryon.

• Don't they have a larger army then us

Within Ironrath it would be pretty even. 20 of Whitehill soliders vs all of Ironrath.

we just take Gryff hostage they could easly kill Ryon

Thats a good point, it could be similar to the whole Jaime Lannister for Ned Stark thing but it all goes to hell and Ryon ends up being killed. Guess we'll just have to see how it turns out.

house in a worse position since they'll be no lords.

Not if Rodrik (if he is still alive) or Asher return.

DarkStar34 posted: »

Don't they have a larger army then us? So if we do that the Whitehills can just slaughter us, also if we just take Gryff hostage they could easly kill Ryon and leave the house in a worse position since they'll be no lords.

• I'm gonna make an educated guess and say he is gonna be like Ramsay.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.