Tales Press Coverage

I'm puzzled why there isn't a sticky on this. :confused: Obviously by now the net is bound to be flooded with Tales and Tales related previews, reviews, interviews, videos, blog entries of Telltale darlings, leaked transcripts of secret Monkey meetings, paparazzi shots of Ron Gilbert holding hands at Starbucks with Elaine. Er.. seriously.

I'll start with a Tim Schafer interview I'm now off to reading over at Joystiq. Looks nice what with that header and all. There's some talk about the return of Guybrush in there too so there. Your turn.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    A Tale Of Monkey Island interview. Over at Eurogamer. Arrrrrrrrrrrrr! That new "monkey shot" is kind of disturbing. :eek:
  • edited June 2009
    http://kotaku.com/5303149/tales-of-monkey-island-chapter-1-preview-guybrush-sails-again

This is interesting:
    What Needs Improvement?
    The mouse control scheme: There's a divide among PC adventure gamers between those that like W, A, S, D plus mouse and space bar and those that only want to use the mouse. Telltale has experience with both in their point-and-click adventures work—and a keyboard-only control scheme in Wallace and Grommet —but for Monkey Island, they're looking for a compromise. Right now, you can use the keyboard to move around, but you still need the mouse to click stuff and manipulate your inventory. The alternative is to click and hold the left mouse button to bring up a red direction arrow over Guybrush. Dragging the mouse in this mode will make Guybrush walk steadily in whatever direction the mouse is moving toward. It's still a bit twitchy, and it would be nice if you didn't have to hold the left button down; but there's still plenty of time for the development team to figure it out.

I'm happy to see that they're at least experimenting with ways to please the mouse-only users :) That actually sounds very similar to a concept I suggested.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.