Game of Thrones - Season 5 Trailers and stuff

The official Game of Thrones season 5 trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Bo89m2f6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wViILXQfX7Y

What do you think? My first thought is that they surely seem to have huge budget for this season. Well I have other thoughts too but I let you start the conversation. :)

First poster:

Alt text

Episode titles so far:

1. The Wars to Come

2. The House of Black and White

3. High Sparrow

4. The Sons of the Harpy

5. Kill the Boy

6. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

7. The Gift

Comments

• Jumankekka näyttää hyvältä!

Holy shit, looks incredible! Also, Tyrion has become the Rick Grimes of the show :p

• Tyrion has that epic beard going :D. I'm not sure what they can really do with Arya's story looks like she is gonna start training as a faceless man and I think they are almost caught up to the books.

• Oh I believe Arya will have some badass assassinations this season. Well probably she wont kill any big characters yet but maybe she'll get someone off her list :p

Tyrion has that epic beard going . I'm not sure what they can really do with Arya's story looks like she is gonna start training as a faceless man and I think they are almost caught up to the books.

• Näin on, true dat :D

Jumankekka näyttää hyvältä! Holy shit, looks incredible! Also, Tyrion has become the Rick Grimes of the show

• Hah, näin sun kommentin "Nationality" keskustelussa, niin tiesin sitten siitä että oot suomalainen :)

Hah, I saw your comment in "Nationality" thread, so that's how I knew you were finnish :)

5th finnish guy I've met on here :D

Näin on, true dat

• And as a book reader i am sitting in a corner Crying.

• I have read the books. I don't take the show making differences to the story so hardly, they clearly want to focus on the main points and they do know what the main points are since they know how it will end. And no one is forcing you to watch it.

ousen posted: »

And as a book reader i am sitting in a corner Crying.

• let the waiting begin!

• I was not serious maybe i should have made that clear .

I have read the books. I don't take the show making differences to the story so hardly, they clearly want to focus on the main points and they do know what the main points are since they know how it will end. And no one is forcing you to watch it.

• edited January 2015

I have to say, the decision to cut the Ironborn made me significantly less enthusiastic for the fifth season. I would have loved to see at least Euron and was looking forward for that from the very beginning of the show. On a minor note, I am also sad about the apparent cutting of Griff and JonCon. But the other changes seem to be awesome: Expanded Dorne storyline, Screentime for Varys, Action for Jon. I'm really looking forward for these things, but I still demand Ironborn for Season 6. They have already built up that plotline with Balon and Asha, so they definitely need more for that.

The trailer looked awesome! I am especially happy about the Lord of Bones at 0:23. I always love when they bring back minor characters instead of creating new to fill their roles. They also seem to surpass Sansa's storyline in the books and very likley get to the end of Aryas storyline too. Maybe, this season I finally get to know what it's like to watch the show without knowing what's going to happen. Only thing that I did not like in this trailer was the lack of Doran and High Sparrow.

• Really? Well good :D I mean there are lots of people who are serious with that kind of comments.

I was not serious maybe i should have made that clear .

• Someone on the internet I don't remember who and where made a good point about Young Griff and this trailer: Would HBO really reveal it in a trailer if Varys backing Dany was the big thing? Perhaps there still is a hope for fAgeon and JonCon. And I'm still pretty sure the Ironborn will have a big role in season 6. Anyway, I'm sure I will enjoy the show as it is. :)

I have to say, the decision to cut the Ironborn made me significantly less enthusiastic for the fifth season. I would have loved to see at l

• Do you Think he is a red black or a false dragon .

Someone on the internet I don't remember who and where made a good point about Young Griff and this trailer: Would HBO really reveal it in a

• I would say black, there are clearly some hints for that.

Do you Think he is a red black or a false dragon .

• edited January 2015

I hope so .

I would say black, there are clearly some hints for that.

• No Arianne, Quentyn, Griff & Young Griff, Euron, and I suspect no Aeron, or Victarion... Noooooo

I have to say, the decision to cut the Ironborn made me significantly less enthusiastic for the fifth season. I would have loved to see at l

• edited January 2015

I can get over Quentyn. He seemed to have too little impact on the story, even though his chapters were not bad. Griff and Young Griff are a different story, but like WildlingKing said, maybe they deliberately tried to give as few hints as possible to these characters, like they did with Ramsay before Season 3 started. But the total lack of any vaguely similar casting calls and no reports of Tyrion filming anything with people who might be Griff and Young Griff make me doubt this.

Arianne definitely seems to be cut, unfortunately, but that makes sense if they cut the Griff storyline. From her Winds of Winter chapter, it seems like she will be involved in this. Quentyns cut makes also sense in that light, since his role mainly seems to have the impact of destroying a possible Dany/Martell alliance and drive them towards Griff. Why they would keep Trystane, arguably the least characterized of the three Martells and get rid of Arianne, who is the strongest dornish character next to Oberyn for me, get's over my head however.

I hope for some Ironborn in Season 6, but there is the speculation that they might skip the Kingsmoot and give Victarions role to Euron. Which I would be fine with, if that means Euron will appear sometime. But, either way, I have trust in the showrunners that it will still be awesome.

No Arianne, Quentyn, Griff & Young Griff, Euron, and I suspect no Aeron, or Victarion... Noooooo

• I agree with pretty much all you said!

I can get over Quentyn. He seemed to have too little impact on the story, even though his chapters were not bad. Griff and Young Griff are a

• Btw there was this: http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2014/10/2/acting-aboard-an-armada

So they have filmed some boat-traveling in some river. Is Griff&YoungGriff there? Can't tell. Is it even Rhoyne and Tyrion's storyline? Can't tell that either but one can hope.

I can get over Quentyn. He seemed to have too little impact on the story, even though his chapters were not bad. Griff and Young Griff are a

• Okay cool, what is the date in British terms? 12th of april?

• Yep. At least here in Finland though it will be out 13th of April.

Okay cool, what is the date in British terms? 12th of april?

• Can't wait! Looks like its gonna be a great season :D

• Totally. No Asha(Yara, I guess) and Victarion makes me want to tantrum. Everyone in Dorne can go fk themselves as far as I'm concerned. Well I guess Myrcella did nothing wrong, I'll give her a pass.

• Screentime for Varys

Didn't Varys get burned in molten gold in season 1? I have not watched the show, but I saw a clip of him dying.

• edited January 2015

That was Viserys. Varys is the bald eunuch guy. The names can get a bit confusing sometimes XD

Screentime for Varys Didn't Varys get burned in molten gold in season 1? I have not watched the show, but I saw a clip of him dying.

• edited January 2015

I liked Asha in her chapters and even found some sympathy for Victarion. Well, as much as someone can have sympathy for a stupid and brutal butcher with almost no redeeming traits. Aeron Damphair on the other hand made me really hate a character. Nonetheless, the Ironborn are pretty cool in my opinion as a culture. And Euron is one of my favourite characters in the books and one of the best additions in Feast. And given the screentime Balon had in Season 2 and the short scene in Season 3, it would be a waste to just drop the whole storyline.

The Dornish had a storyline far behind it's potential in the books, but they have plenty of great characters in Doran, Arianne, the Sand Snakes and Hotah (not Dorkstar though) and given that the showrunners greatyl altered the Dorne storyline, maybe these characters (except Dorkstar and sadly Arianne) can finally live up to their potential. I'm convinced they did something good with the Dornish.

Totally. No Asha(Yara, I guess) and Victarion makes me want to tantrum. Everyone in Dorne can go fk themselves as far as I'm concerned. Well I guess Myrcella did nothing wrong, I'll give her a pass.

• Well, keeping Baelon alive in the show for so long made me think that he will somehow play Euron's part (just leading the Ironborn and wanting to conquer the Reach) with Victarion's full cut. As we remember, in the books he died before Robb Stark and Joffrey. That's why I really doubt we will see Euron in Season 6 although I really want it to happen. I also tend to agree with you about Arianna and Griff since the story arc of these two is likely to be combined together according to The Winds of Winter chapter. I guess we will get Trystan the Suitor (for Dany) instead.

• the things that I am looking forward this series: North/Boltons, Arya Stark becoming faceless man.

• Looks like the official one is published, time to change the video :p

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

That was a good trailer and i am really looking forward to season 5, there are also some official images from season 5 that some people might want to see http://imgur.com/a/YxArM

• Love the one with Jon, Stannis and Davos :p Bolton's "family portrait" is also nice :D

OzzyUK posted: »

That was a good trailer and i am really looking forward to season 5, there are also some official images from season 5 that some people might want to see http://imgur.com/a/YxArM

• We got a shot of Doran in a recent batch of photos!

Alt text

• Arya becoming faceless man...

Alt text

the things that I am looking forward this series: North/Boltons, Arya Stark becoming faceless man.

• Apparently in the books Arya Stark becomes an assassin. she joins the group that jaqen h'ghar is on. there is something about the assassins being able change looks, I have heard comments that say they are faceless and I don't what they mean about that. That doesn't mean that Arya would lose her face, it just mean would change her look to get away after she skilled someone. I honestly don't know what I am saying, I will go and look it up.

Arya becoming faceless man...

• Yeah I've read the books and I know she will become faceless assasin, but not a faceless man unless she goes to sex change surgery...

I was trying to do a joke there, be smart but it didn't seem to work did it :p

• The most epic thing in the trailer:

Alt text

• pats shoulder

I got it. :P

Yeah I've read the books and I know she will become faceless assasin, but not a faceless man unless she goes to sex change surgery... I was trying to do a joke there, be smart but it didn't seem to work did it

• Seriously, though... fuck Dany.

• Daario will....

Seriously, though... fuck Dany.

• The first official poster of season 5 just came! What do you think?

Alt text

Tyrion seeing Drogon from a boat in a foggy place, hmmmm... coughRhoynecough

Sign in to comment in this discussion.