Do You Think I Have Good Taste in Movies?

edited February 2015 in General Chat

Great Movies(http://www.imdb.com/list/ls076008762/?publish=save "Title")

This is an IMDB list I compiled featuring movies I find really great. Not all of them I would consider my favorites, but I really enjoy each and every one of them.

I always seem to judge people's taste in movie's all the time (consciously, not out loud), but every once and while, I wonder if I'm really one to judge. Do you think it's a good list?

Comments

• That is a hell of a list. I saw some great movies on there, like The Dark Knight, Silence of the Lambs, The Shining, The Green Mile, Batman Begins, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Cinderella Man, and Captain Phillips. I say it's a good list.

• Great list, I haven't seen all of the ones on there but the ones I have seen I love.

• Which ones have you seen?

randomhuman posted: »

Great list, I haven't seen all of the ones on there but the ones I have seen I love.

• Some I haven't seen, some I don't enjoy, mostly..... fucking great list. You have the right to judge :p

• I haven't seen some but from the ones that I have, Looks like a great list.

• randomhumanrandomhuman Banned
    edited February 2015

Well it's a pretty long list, but I will name as much as I can. 12 years a slave, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 1, Batman Year One, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Forrest Grump, The Iron Giant, Jimmy Nuetron, Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption, Silence of the lambs, Toy Story movies, Up, Wall-E, Roger Rabbit.

ralo229 posted: »

Which ones have you seen?

• edited February 2015

Bro you don't need to worry. Almost all of those movies are fucking awesome! I say almost because I haven't heard of some them. I am surprised you've seen movies like "City of God" and "Life is Beautiful." :) Those are incredible films. You should see more Martin Scorsese movies too. They're great!

Do you want to know what my favorite ones are?

• Sure man. You can recommend anything to me. I can enjoy any kind of movie no matter what genre, age, or country of origin.

Bro you don't need to worry. Almost all of those movies are fucking awesome! I say almost because I haven't heard of some them. I am surpris

• edited February 2015

The movies I'm going to mention are my favorite of all time. You should really check 'em out if you haven't already. :)

1.) Taxi Driver

Alt text

2.) Schindler's List

Alt text

3.) Raging Bull

Alt text

4.) GoodFellas

Alt text

5.) Oldboy (2003)

Alt text

6.) A Clockwork Orange

Alt text

7.) Forrest Gump

Alt text

8.) Pulp Fiction

Alt text

9.) There Will Be Blood

Alt text

10.) The Shining

Alt text

11.) My Left Foot

Alt text

12.) Full Metal Jacket

Alt text

13.) Persépolis

Alt text

14.) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Alt text

15.) No Country for Old Men

Alt text

16.) Léon: The Professional

Alt text

17.) The Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End)

Alt text

18.) Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Alt text

19.) Whiplash

Alt text

20.) Django Unchained

Alt text

Sure man. You can recommend anything to me. I can enjoy any kind of movie no matter what genre, age, or country of origin.

• There are a lot of movies that I like there but there are a few movies I think are shit, not that it matters, it doesn't matter if you have good taste or not just watch what you like and that's it, if you enjoy it you enjoy it there's no need in worrying over it.

• In my opinion, no. Most of the last ones on the list were the best, 74-81.

• Its an odd list with no real theme

I love ghibli but you didn't have totoro, howls moving castle, porco rosso or the cat returns on it (im not including the dramas there boring IMHO)

• Can you not?

kaleion posted: »

There are a lot of movies that I like there but there are a few movies I think are shit, not that it matters, it doesn't matter if you have

• You have pretty crap taste if you thought those are the only good ones out of the whole list.

CodPatrol posted: »

In my opinion, no. Most of the last ones on the list were the best, 74-81.

• I love Taxi Driver, Travis Bickle is so relatable. I started calling everyone scum after I seen it lol.

The movies I'm going to mention are my favorite of all time. You should really check 'em out if you haven't already. 1.) Taxi Driver

• Travis Bickle is a damn badass. :)

I love Taxi Driver, Travis Bickle is so relatable. I started calling everyone scum after I seen it lol.

• I never said that they're the only good ones, I said the best one's in MY opinion are 74-81. And any professional movie critic would never slag off Pulp Fiction and Silence of the Lambs.

You have pretty crap taste if you thought those are the only good ones out of the whole list.

• of course its a good list...dont let anyone tell you otherwise!

• edited February 2015

I've never seen Porco Rosso or the Cat Returns. I've seen Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle, but in order to qualify for the list, I had to have rated it a 9 or a 10. I rated Totoro an 8/10 and I rated Howl's Moving Castle a 6/10. And plus, this list isn't written in stone. I usually update every month or two. And also the list wasn't really meant to have a theme. It's not narrowed down to a certain genre or medium or anything. It's just movies in general that I find great.

Its an odd list with no real theme I love ghibli but you didn't have totoro, howls moving castle, porco rosso or the cat returns on it (im not including the dramas there boring IMHO)

• Well, I had to add both of those on the list. It'd be a crime not to.

CodPatrol posted: »

I never said that they're the only good ones, I said the best one's in MY opinion are 74-81. And any professional movie critic would never slag off Pulp Fiction and Silence of the Lambs.

• I've seen Pulp Fiction, Django Unchained, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Oldboy, Shaun of the Dead, The Shining, and Forrest Gump. I've heard of/have yet to see Persepolis, Whiplash, World's End, Hot Fuzz, Leon, No Country For Old Men, Good Bad and the Ugly, Taxi Driver, Full Metal Jacket, There Will Be Blood, Clockwork Orange (or any other Stanley Kubrick movie), Schindler's List, Raging Bull, and Goodfellas. The only one I've never heard of was My Left Foot.

The movies I'm going to mention are my favorite of all time. You should really check 'em out if you haven't already. 1.) Taxi Driver

• You should see My Left Foot. :) It's one of the most heartbreaking and inspiring movies I've ever seen. And Daniel Day-Lewis delivers a fantastic performance as a cerebral palsy victim.

I've seen Pulp Fiction, Django Unchained, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Oldboy, Shaun of the Dead, The Shining, and Forrest Gump. I've he

• Looked it up on IMDB and it sounds interesting. I'll look into it.

You should see My Left Foot. It's one of the most heartbreaking and inspiring movies I've ever seen. And Daniel Day-Lewis delivers a fantastic performance as a cerebral palsy victim.

• I didn't mean it in a bad way, you have broad taste I guess idk

I've never seen Porco Rosso or the Cat Returns. I've seen Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle, but in order to qualify for the list, I had to ha

• Taste is a very subjective theme, so i'll base my answer on popular opinion, yes,most of the movies in that list were pretty good.

• Oh. Ok

I didn't mean it in a bad way, you have broad taste I guess idk

• Can I not what?

Can you not?

• Honestly there's no such thing as good taste in movies, that's just something people say to people who watch movies they like or think are good. It's all about opinions, if you love something that someone hates, they will probably say you have 'bad taste' and vice versa.

• awesome list

• edited February 2015

some other good/great movies you can check out

• Lord of the Flies (1963 or 1990)
    • Aliens
    • Platoon
    • Ususal Suspects
    • Saving Private Ryan

and of course the mother of all movies....The Room

• Judging by the films on the top of your list I think you will like If (the main guy from clockwork orange is lead) and maybe the original Scum as well

• I know! You have some really good ones on there but stuff like Batman is just bad, in my opinion.

Well, I had to add both of those on the list. It'd be a crime not to.

• I did not hit her it is bullshit I did not hit her.

throws water bottle

I DID NAHT!

some other good/great movies you can check out * Lord of the Flies (1963 or 1990) * Aliens * Platoon * Ususal Suspects * Saving Private Ryan and of course the mother of all movies....The Room (Spoiler)

• I personally don't like anime, but it's still a good list. Pulp Fiction and many others on your list are excellent movies.

• edited February 2015

some other good/great movies you can check out * Lord of the Flies (1963 or 1990) * Aliens * Platoon * Ususal Suspects * Saving Private Ryan and of course the mother of all movies....The Room (Spoiler)

• Just added the Kill Bill movies on there. Debated for a while, but I figured that they should be on there.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.