Harder than wallace?

edited June 2009 in Tales of Monkey Island
Will TOMI be harder than Wallace and Gromit? I played it and finished the first ep, and I did enjoy it.

However, I think MI would suck if it was that easy.

Will it be harder?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Fury wrote: »
    Will TOMI be harder than Wallace and Gromit? I played it and finished the first ep, and I did enjoy it.

However, I think MI would suck if it was that easy.

Will it be harder?

Geez, louise. W&G still has me stumped. How do people get so good at puzzles? :eek: Everywhere I look people are complaining about how easy the game is, and I'm STILL stuck on it.

But yes, the game is confirmed to be harder. In fact the team has said that the puzzles will be insane, but won't feature hypnotizing monkeys to make a monkey wrench to turn off a waterfall. They will be hard, but they won't drive you mad.
  • edited June 2009
    That monkey wrench puzzle was stupid.

Wallace and Gromit wasn't hard, it took me about 2-3 hours to do it. It gets a lot easier when you realize pressing TAB shows all objects. I thought that was an awesome feature, I hate pixel hunting. But it does make it easier.

Thanks for the post, hopefully that is the direction the game takes. Difficult puzzles rock!
  • edited June 2009
    But yes, the game is confirmed to be harder.
    Good to hear. The first two episodes of W&G were way too easy. The puzzles had good logic, but they were way too simple.
  • edited June 2009
    I think it has been said that the puzzles in W&G were intended to keep you moving through you story at quite a fast pace where as Tales will have more emphasis on puzzle solving.
  • edited June 2009
    I only did the first Wallace and Gromit, I got it free with the TOMI preorder. But I will get them later on, it was actually a pretty fun game, and I thought it was a great rendition of the Wallace and Gromit Universe. The graphics were great, they looked just like the claymation, and the humour was pretty good too.

But it was easy. More emphasis on puzzles would be great, and I imagine the Islands will be a bit bigger than West Wallaby Street was in FOTBB.
  • edited June 2009
    Yup, thumbs up for more complex and unique riddles!

W&G was a bit too easy, nevertheless some of the riddles were nicely done.
  • edited June 2009
    Fury wrote: »
    I only did the first Wallace and Gromit, I got it free with the TOMI preorder. But I will get them later on, it was actually a pretty fun game, and I thought it was a great rendition of the Wallace and Gromit Universe. The graphics were great, they looked just like the claymation, and the humour was pretty good too.

But it was easy. More emphasis on puzzles would be great, and I imagine the Islands will be a bit bigger than West Wallaby Street was in FOTBB.

Actually I personally found the first W&G as close to a tv episode as a game could get, it is really worth playing. As for the difficulties, every W&G ep I have played so far was relatively easy but with 1-2 real showstoppers to me. My personal guess is that if you dont look at the solution or if you turn off the hint system entirely the game itself is not that easy.
    But even with it on I got about 5 hours of excellent playtime per episode which is just perfect!
    Wallace and grommit definitely is a game which deserves more attention (actually counting the sheer number of posts in the W&G section, I rather doubt we will see a second season, which is too bad, because I like it more than Sam and Max)
  • edited June 2009
    werpu wrote: »
    But even with it on I got about 5 hours of excellent playtime per episode which is just perfect!

If I get 5 hours from every Tales episode I will be extremely happy.
  • edited June 2009
    I preorder TOMI with the big hope they gather the good things about the past games in these new episodes and one of that things i hope to be as dificult as the previous ones cause if they make it like W&G wish i downloaded, played and enjoyed the three of the episodes in less than an 8 hours thanks to my free coupon and the other ones bought i think that wont be worth the big name they got in their hands
  • edited June 2009
    Better be harder. I mean, everything in Wallace is made of CLAY.

*Wah wah waaaaaaah*
  • edited June 2009
    i may be wrong here but i think i remember them saying that if your a person who clicks everything and goes through every dialogue choice... each episode could possibly take as much as 10 hours to beat...

i think thats on the E3 interview
Sign in to comment in this discussion.