I admit, my eyes got a little wet at the end of Ep 2.

Comments

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2015

Glad to hear it. We hoped to get people both sad and inspired. :-)

The song wouldn't have worked without the awesome narrative design from Nicole Martinez and Joe Pinney, the amazing direction/cinematography from Kent Mudle and Becky Gamin, Jared's tremendous score, and Molly Stone's raw and beautiful vocal performance.

Crips posted: »

Oooh, interesting Can't wait 'til someone posts that song on YouTube. It was damn awesome! And good job on working with the lyrics, the words and the melody kinda made me fight further for Forresters

• Well I tip my hat to you. Both of you did a fantastic job. That scene was in some ways to me, more emotional than the ending of Season 1 of the Walking Dead.

ArthurV posted: »

No, I'm Arthur von Nagel. I wrote the lyrics then worked with Jared on the song structure. He wrote the melody. Fun fact: the theme for this song can be heard instrumentally in episode 1 of the game as well, notably in the Ironwood Grove scene.

• edited February 2015

Don't worry Crips. The North remembers, The North remembers and this mummer's farce is almost done!

Alt text

Ha, thanks. Yeah, Jared and I also wrote "The Trout in the Towers" at the start of episode 1.

You are one talented songwriter (I remember you also doing the song in the very beginning of the game)

edited February 2015

Ethan the Brave

Music: Jared Emerson-Johnson

Lyrics: Arthur von Nagel

From ice, from ice, we Forr'sters born,

To ice we all return.

Father, brother, I've sworn, I've sworn

To guard this rest you've earned.

I’d bare my neck to Ilyn Payne

And swim the Shivering Sea,

Paint Slaver’s Bay in crimson rains

T’ bring Ethan back to me.

Fight on, fight on, Ethan the Brave,

Old gods bare steel with you.

Our lord, my twin, a hero's grave,

So iron grows anew.

Still iron grows anew.

Ethan the Wise

From ice, from ice, we Forr'sters born,

To ice we all return.

Father, brother, we mourn, we mourn

These family trees we burn.

Watch on, watch on, Ethan the Wise,

Old gods be one with you.

Our lord, my kin, an old soul dies,

So iron grows anew.

Still iron grows anew.

Variants

[You will not have her]

His final words faced with the sword

Chilled Ramsay to the bone:

"You will not have her. I am Lord."

"And I protect my own."

"And I protect my own."

[Take me instead variant]

His final words faced with the sword

Cut short the Bastard's breath:

"Take me as your hostage, my Lord,"

He saved us all from death.

He saved us all from death.

[GRAB TALIA] VARIANT

Snow grabbed me from my mother’s grasp,

To claim me as his prize.

Ethan freed me from Ramsay’s clasp:

The rival lords locked eyes.

The rival lords locked eyes.

[SILENT VARIANT]

When Ramsay claimed me for his ward,

Ethan spurned the tyrant.

My brother’s calm defied a lord:

Ethan, strong and silent.

Ever strong and silent.

[EXTENDED CREDITS SONG VERSION]

May kings and queens melt down their crowns

Up high on Aegon's Hill.

In floods of gold I pray they drown

For all the blood they spill.

Mance, sound the Horn of Winters past,

Call starving giants forth.

Urge cannibals to break their fasts

On Wardens of the North.

Eastern mages, empty the veins

Of beasts across the sea.

Paint Slaver's Bay in crimson rains

T' bring Ethan back to me.

Aristoi posted: »

Great job really!! Any chance in sharing the lyrics?

• Welcome to the club, bro.

Welcome to the fucking club.

Pssshhhhhhhhhhhhh.....You guys are such babies......OKAY I FUCKING CRIED!

• ''My sweet little boy''

When Lady Forrester said that, I thought I'll burst in tears xD

• Yep. Even a badass like Royland was broken. That's some power right there!

I have to admit, it broke me when Ser Royland broke down. Out of all the people...

• He will whenever Gryff comes to Ironrath.

Whitehills are gonna suffer, not sure about the Boltons tho.

Great scene. Ethan the Brave shall be avenged. Well, I hope. This is Game of Thrones after all.

• You guys did a fantastic job with this franchise, George Martin should be proud.
    Hell you did a WAY better job then Cyanide did with A Game of Thrones and their RPG in 2012.
    I think you are on par with your peers at Disruptor Beam games (the Facebook game) but you got one over them due to the fact they have to use text. Visuals are animation is a lot more engaging, deffo with voice acting.
    Hell give the guy who does Asher a big kudos from me, I loved the dude! Deffo worth the wait!

Anyways that aside, I really love the song and I wonder if it's possible if you kind gents and lasses at Telltale would mind offering to throw it on youtube/download it on Itunes?
    It sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it. It's proper raw emotions sturring and like you said it connects with the player as well due to the actions in the previous episode.

Sorry if all of this is a bit scattered all over, i'm still very moved haha.

Kudos!...hope you also dont forget The Wolf Among Us season 2 :P

This is an interesting point. When I was working on the lyrics, I considered having more Gregor in there but decided Talia's connection with

• Same, I couldn't handle the fucking feels.

Telltale have done it again.

I feel like this is TWD Season 1 all over again. And that's a good feeling.

And yet, some fucking how. They managed to do this on the second episode.

I don't know what is going to happen in Episode 6. But I know I am going to cry. Especially if Gared goes rip

I can tell this game won't be as bad as Season 2.

• Seems like Telltale is improving with making crybaths in players so I have some good hopes on TWD Season 3.

No, pls, don't give Telltale ideas about Gared!! He must survive, he's bae, so is his accent.

And I don't want to know what happens in Ep 6 ;~;

Same, I couldn't handle the fucking feels. Telltale have done it again. I feel like this is TWD Season 1 all over again. And that's a

• Well, we all know what R.R Martin would do.

And that's what Telltale are doing..

The entire game of thrones franchise can't go on without at least three or four main characters Dying throughout the Seasons.

And, I know Gared is the MAIN MAIN MAIN MAIN MAIN Character. But fuck. He might die. because drama.

Seems like Telltale is improving with making crybaths in players so I have some good hopes on TWD Season 3. No, pls, don't give Telltale

• Well, in Game of Thrones many important characters die. But I think this is the first time we've seen any of them given a proper send-off. Goodbye, Lord Gregor and Lord Ethan :(.

• i loved the how its end it was great and mayb in third episode we will see some dragons HAHAHA

• May I request the lyrics for that ? I've never been able to understand what they're saying ! And thanks again for sharing the lyrics for Talia's song on Reddit for me. :)

Ha, thanks. Yeah, Jared and I also wrote "The Trout in the Towers" at the start of episode 1.

• That's some of the magic Telltale is creating.
    Kudos.

Ethan the Brave Music: Jared Emerson-Johnson Lyrics: Arthur von Nagel From ice, from ice, we Forr'sters born, To ice we all retu

• Maybe it was just me, but I think Talia sang it a little out of tune.

• I'm not gonna hide it, it was very emotional. It just overwhelmed me with a ton of different feelings, and I can't wait to strike back at the Whitehills. Nice job on this one Telltale!

TheNorthRemembers

• I've played the episode twice, bawled my eyes out twice, like, even the song just makes me...

feels...

• Dude you are awesome :D

Ethan the Brave Music: Jared Emerson-Johnson Lyrics: Arthur von Nagel From ice, from ice, we Forr'sters born, To ice we all retu

• Manly tears. Lots and lots of manly tears.
    Alt text

edited February 2015

The Trout in the Towers

*Music: Jared Emerson Johnson

Lyrics: Arthur von Nagel*

The trout, the trout, the trout in the towers,

The wolves dropped the fish ‘n’ they all ran away.

The trout, he flopped on for hours and hours,

And spawned a Walder Frey!

Another Walder Frey!

Two weddings, two beddings,

Brought on by beheadings,

A night in me cups for me!

Yet all ends happily!

All ends happily!

The stag, the stag, the stag in the garden,

His crown is a gift from the wildest boar.

When roses are bloomin' and antlers are hardened

The stag growls “hear me roar!”

A lion’s fearsome roar!

A night in me cups for me!

Yet all ends happily!

All ends happily!

jedimagic posted: »

May I request the lyrics for that ? I've never been able to understand what they're saying ! And thanks again for sharing the lyrics for Talia's song on Reddit for me.

• i also did get teary eyed.....i want Rodrik to kill Whitehill!!!!!!!!!!!!

• That really sold it for me - everyone reacted in their own way to it, and having the show-no-weakness stalwart crack like that is both a great character moment, and makes the scene hit that much harder for anyone also trying to not break.

I have to admit, it broke me when Ser Royland broke down. Out of all the people...

• I have a feeling the North Grove is some kind of wildling village. Probably just a grove of Ironwood trees far north of the Wall. He'll go on a mission to find the grove with Cotter and Finn. Those two will get killed by wildlings when they actually find the grove, but they leave Gared alive. He'll eventually realize that they're not as bad as everyone makes them out to be, and ends up becoming caretaker of the grove.

Seems like Telltale is improving with making crybaths in players so I have some good hopes on TWD Season 3. No, pls, don't give Telltale

• edited February 2015

For those who want to see it again, I've uploaded the "Ethan the Brave" version of this scene, which also includes Ryon (yes, I did kiss the ring. Don't judge me).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhZflig2fso

• Really? Ryon was in funeral? If you kiss his ....... ring, you might see Ryon?

Rogarth posted: »

For those who want to see it again, I've uploaded the "Ethan the Brave" version of this scene, which also includes Ryon (yes, I did kiss the ring. Don't judge me). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhZflig2fso

• Can Any one make a subtitle for song?Full subtitle.

• 100% agreed. Did not expect that reaction from him at all.

• edited February 2015

My eyes got a little wet at the beginning of the episode when I realized I couldn't play it :'(

• Yeah. And you also get to talk to him and assure him yourself that you're going to bring him home. That alone was worth it already.

Sherlock221 posted: »

Really? Ryon was in funeral? If you kiss his ....... ring, you might see Ryon?

• First I kissed his ring then I re winded and wanted to rip his head off! very bad wasn,t this choice! Gared was cute, wasn,t?

Yeah. And you also get to talk to him and assure him yourself that you're going to bring him home. That alone was worth it already.

• Gared is only cute if you manage not to get beaten up by Finn :).

Sherlock221 posted: »

First I kissed his ring then I re winded and wanted to rip his head off! very bad wasn,t this choice! Gared was cute, wasn,t?

• I fought to Finn and He was still cute!

Gared is only cute if you manage not to get beaten up by Finn .

• Yeah,I didn,t see!

HiroVoid posted: »

Go down: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/90762/i-admit-my-eyes-got-a-little-wet-at-the-end-of-ep-2/p1

• Aw...That's sad :(

My eyes got a little wet at the beginning of the episode when I realized I couldn't play it

• At first it sounded like that, yes. But I think it was meant to be that way. I mean, if you had to sing in your father's and brother's funeral, wouldn't you be a bit out of tune too?

fallandir posted: »

Maybe it was just me, but I think Talia sang it a little out of tune.

• I would, you're right. But still, it was probably first song I didn't like, which is weird, considering I've loved every one piece of music TT used in their games. I just wanted to skip the credits.

Jugre posted: »

At first it sounded like that, yes. But I think it was meant to be that way. I mean, if you had to sing in your father's and brother's funeral, wouldn't you be a bit out of tune too?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.