Confusion concerning the Mira/Tyrion "agreement"

Last episode, I refused Tyrion's offer because I didn't want to endanger House Forrester. It was kind of hard for me to follow this episode, but when you meet with Tyrion in the Great Hall, what exactly was being discussed? I kinda missed that part, and don't feel like replaying the entire episode just to figure it out. Thanks. :)

Comments

• They were discussing the possibility of the Lannisters buying ironwood ONLY from the Forresters. That would mean that the Forresters have a lucrative contract allowing them to make a lot of money by selling/crafting ironwood. It also means that if the Whitehills wanted to sell their ironwood to the crown, that they would have to sell it through the Forresters, so the Forresters could take a big part of the profits from the sale, or the Forresters could choose not to let the Whitehills sell their ironwood to the crown at all. Either way you'd be depriving them of a HUGE sum of money.

• I was quite confused, too. Because in the end you accept the agreement no matter what, right? I didn't have an option to refuse the agreement.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.