Can't change the language in Ep. 3 (Purchased via steam)

edited June 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
The game is supposed to be in 5 languages: english, french, german, italian and spanish; but I started playing the last chapter and I noticed that the game was completely in english, so I tried to change the language by clicking the game in the game list and selecting properties, but there isn't any option to change the language.

Why is this? Is Telltale releasing the translation later because they are busy with Monkey island or they will never translate it?

If it was the second, I would be very disappointed because I bought the game thinking that all the chapters would be translated to spanish.

Sorry for my english and thanks.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    With the normal download versions (from this site) you choose the language on installation (you can't change it afterwards). I don't know if it's the same with the Steam-version though.
  • edited June 2009
    Don't worry, you are not alone. I've also buy the game on Steam and the tab "language" is not here. So can the developper tells us how to put the subtitle in a other language than english ?
    Thanks a lot!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Hey guys, we are looking into this. It may be a problem on Steam's end, but I'm not sure yet. We will update you when we know a little more, but we should get it fixed fairly soon.
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks Will and the other people who tried to help.

I can't wait to that translation to be released and start playing Ep.3
    edited June 2009
    From the fine and helpful folks at Steam: "I just tested the fix on our internal system and it works correctly, so I’ve rolled it live. Restart Steam and you should have language options for Ep3, now." Those guys rock.
  • edited June 2009
    I wonder why it is not possible to switch between languages in the "standard" version (purchased from the Telltale store) then, especially as all languages get installed into the Muzzled/Pack/default/localized folder anyway, no matter which one you select when you install the game.

I typically play the Telltale games with English subtitles, but as English is not my first language, sometimes I wished I could switch to German for some time rather than to look up important words I do not know in a dictionary (for example when you need to
    select the right text for the fortune cookie
    in "Muzzled!").
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks a lot Will! You're awesome! Continue to create such great games!
  • edited June 2009
    I'm sorry but I've restart Steam but I still can't choose my language. Any idea ?
    edited June 2009
    hmm, looking into this again.
    edited June 2009
    So I've personally never seen the "choose your language" option, but it looks like if you change the language of Steam as a whole the game should work in that language. We just jumped over to German and it worked fine.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.