Is there ANY way to gain Elaena's alliance without bribing with Ironwood?

edited February 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I'm losing all my Ironwood! Tyrion wants some, Elaena wants some, Lord Whitehill wants some, I want some, no doubt in the future there'll be an even better agreement for ironwood and I'll have none left!

There's no way I'm forging Margaery's letter, that'd ruin my status in King's Landing as Mira, but I need that Glenmore army dammit! Can't I just seduce her with my manly dialogue skills and loud mouse clicking? Are impenetrable trees really worth that much in this world!?

Comments

• Everyone want a piece of the Ironwood cake!

To answer you question, I heard that if you have Mira write a fake letter, it should secure the marriage without bidding on the ironwood.

• I think that's what Ayy's saying, he doesn't wanna forge the letter or it could ruin his diplomacy in King's Landing. Plus when I played it a second time forging the letter doesn't always work, on my play through she figured it out and said 'I don't want to feel forced into this'. I'm pretty sure getting the seal in episode 1 makes her accept the letter no matter what though.

Everyone want a piece of the Ironwood cake! To answer you question, I heard that if you have Mira write a fake letter, it should secure the marriage without bidding on the ironwood.

• No you are not. Tyrion wants to buy the Ironwood, not own it. Which means your family gets the money. The Ironwood you promise to Elaena is the one owned by Whitehill. Which means you dont have to pay it if you dont get it. Which also means its not a loss at all, since if you dont promise it, you lose it anyway.

• The Ironwood Eleana will get is the one that the Whitehills have control over (so in a sense it will be fair) and Tyrion wants to buy Ironwood from you, so it will be a good deal.

Don't worry about Tyrion's deal though, I won't get into that for spoilers in case you haven't read the show/books but are planning on

• I suppose it can be good that Whitehill's claimed it all then, makes Tyrion and Elaena wanna fight him so they can get trade. But even so, giving away half my ironwood for an alliance is huge, I'd way prefer to get the Glenmore army some other way, without forging Margaery's letter too.

Hrulj posted: »

No you are not. Tyrion wants to buy the Ironwood, not own it. Which means your family gets the money. The Ironwood you promise to Elaena is

• edited February 2015

Yup, can't wait for that, looks like next episode's gonna throw eeeverything up in the air in King's Landing. I just wish I could get the Glenmore army without promising half my ironwood, that's a huuuge amount of trade I'm losing there, but I wanna do it without forging Margaery's letter too!

The Ironwood Eleana will get is the one that the Whitehills have control over (so in a sense it will be fair) and Tyrion wants to buy Ironwo

• I think thats where the North Grove is gonna have a part, helping them grow back Ironwood.

ayy-lmao posted: »

Yup, can't wait for that, looks like next episode's gonna throw eeeverything up in the air in King's Landing. I just wish I could get the Gl

• Giving away half is not huge. You are not giving away half, you are gaining half. Whitehill took all of it, remember? So with a promise you gain an army, you defeat your foes and humiliate him, leave him with nothing, and due to Tyrion deal you get a chance to pay the mercenaries.

ayy-lmao posted: »

I suppose it can be good that Whitehill's claimed it all then, makes Tyrion and Elaena wanna fight him so they can get trade. But even so, g

• I think she agrees, but she's mad about it if you don't say "You are free to choose."

Everyone want a piece of the Ironwood cake! To answer you question, I heard that if you have Mira write a fake letter, it should secure the marriage without bidding on the ironwood.

• Good point, at least now there are more houses with vested interested in what happens to the ironwood.

Hrulj posted: »

Giving away half is not huge. You are not giving away half, you are gaining half. Whitehill took all of it, remember? So with a promise you

• I think the Forresters are going to end up going the scorched Earth route, and torching the entire Ironwood grove. Whitehill ends up with nothing and the Boltons are likely furious since he is no longer producing for them, meanwhile the Forresters have that secret North Grove to rely on.

I think thats where the North Grove is gonna have a part, helping them grow back Ironwood.

• Yeah, I had Mira forge the letter, and I was able to secure Elaena's betrothal that way. I've been loyal to Margery the whole time and it's gained me nothing - she hasn't done anything to help Mira. So I thought... screw it, forge the letter. The Glenmore army seems like it'll be more useful than Margery having a good opinion of me.

• I dont even think it was implied that they'd own it in the first place regardless, Rodrik said he'd PAY him in half his ironwood. Meaning that we're just giviing them 50% of our ironwood, allowing us to regrow them again without much trouble.

• If she says that, you must give her a choice, she then will agree to marry you.

Boxed posted: »

I think that's what Ayy's saying, he doesn't wanna forge the letter or it could ruin his diplomacy in King's Landing. Plus when I played it

• Sorry man, Elaena's a wood-digger.

I don't see the problem with offering her the ironwood anyways. You're offering her the ironwood the Whitehill's are claiming. So we should suspect her father to willingly fight the Whitehill's for the ironwood. Rodrik also said "once the Whitehill's are defeated" so her house is getting no ironwood until the Whitehill's are done for.

• I'm guessing the Glennmores will betray you. If the white hills control all the ironwood why would the Glennmores fight when they could could just do a bit of backstabbing Got style. You're going to have to rely on the sellsword army, or the white hills screwing up the quality of the merchandise. On a slightly different note any deal you've made with Margery or Tyrion will be useless soo.

• Just forge the damn letter,it's not like Margery been helpful so far.

• Forge the letter. I don't think Margery will do anything too harsh if she finds out and I don't think she's actually trying to help. I think she lied about asking Joffery to help in EP 1 and about asking her mom in EP 2.

• In episode one steal the seal and in episode 2 forge a letter using the stolen seal

• Yes you can forge the letter. She will say she was sent a letter from Margarey and feels blackmailed. She asks if she has a choice say that she does and she will willingly agree to marry

• Honestly, assuming you can finalize a deal with Tyrion before the... political situation... changes, or with Tywin after, it won't matter who has the Ironwood, since the crown will exclusively buy it from you. Meaning that if the Whitehills, or the Glenmores, want to sell it, you have your foot on their throat to force a deal suitable to your interests.

• edited February 2015

Unfortunately not!

But when I spoke to Margaery after not asking her for help by providing the crown's protection or stealing the key on her desk in episode 1 she said to me that I've been very loyal to her and that she would discuss it with Olenna Tyrell - she said that she is subtle but could help?

I did not forge Maraery's letter and I offered Elaena ironwood, but after replaying the scene without offering ironwood she flat out refused.

Maybe you'll get another chance later on? Or maybe she might change her mind if you don't kiss Lord Whitehill's ring - I'm really not sure.

I'm hoping I will be able to betray the Glenmores by not giving them their ironwood - the deal was that they would receive the ironwood after the marriage - but they will be oath bound to fight for me, I am not oath bound to give them ironwood...

See:

Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

After this she suggests that "We will speak more on this later"...

• You can only examine the seal in episode 1.

• Wood-digger...Heheheh

HelloMello posted: »

Sorry man, Elaena's a wood-digger. I don't see the problem with offering her the ironwood anyways. You're offering her the ironwood the W

• Nope you can take it

You can only examine the seal in episode 1.

• That's a really good point, but what if the deal is not finalized due to the events of the -insert code here-? And what if the Glenmores find out about the deal if the Whitehill's inform them about it ?

• I forged the letter and when we talked she said something along the lines of i don't know what favors you had to cash in but i know you had something to do with it, would you really force me to do this

I said no it was her choice and she agreed to the marriage

• edited February 2015

Sorry I was wrong! You can take it!

But for me that would jeopardise you're relationship with Margaery.

Nope you can take it

• edited February 2015

Alt text

Wood-digger...Heheheh

• edited February 2015

The real threat is if the deal isn't finalized due to the upcoming events, I am less worried about the Glenmores finding out about the deal, as half of something, with control over its sale being in the hands of an allied family, is better than controlling the sale of nothing. It is really only bad for the Whitehills, who thought they would get to have it, and control what to do with it.

But yeah, if the deal falls through due to the changing political atmosphere, that is an actual problem for the Forresters.

Edit: Though honestly, I am somewhat happier to give the Glenmores half the Ironwood to secure an alliance, then to give the Whitehills a single twig and get nothing but the pleasure of their company.

That's a really good point, but what if the deal is not finalized due to the events of the -insert code here-? And what if the Glenmores find out about the deal if the Whitehill's inform them about it ?

• She only says that hers was stolen but she doesn't know it was you

Sorry I was wrong! You can take it! But for me that would jeopardise you're relationship with Margaery.

• She'll know once she finds out about the forged letter. Dead giveaway. I'm saving the seal for a more important and discrete letter

She only says that hers was stolen but she doesn't know it was you

• edited October 2015

Yes there is,you have to forge the letter to Eleana and while you speak to her,she will say she got a letter from Margaery and say that you want to force her to marry you,but you need to say It's your own choice and she agrees to the marriage.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.