Secret of Monkey Island:SE Hard Copy

Im a Huge Monkey Island fan, ive got all the games in there orignal PC boxes, and ive pre-ordered the new one, which at the end of the episodes i will recieve a hard copy of Tales of Monkey Island, now my question is, the SMI:SE would there possibly be a hard copy of the game so i can add it to my collection besides only having it a downloadable game, im sure fans would agree with me there, what do you guys think?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Yeah, I agree, but I would rather have a copy of the original game myself, along with the original boxart.

The best way to file a complaint about this is to send Lucasarts a message or post on their boards. Not that they're known to be great listeners.
  • edited June 2009
    It doesn't seem all that likely. Maybe if the downloads sell well they'll put it on shelves, but really we can only wildly guess.

Considering it's the same game, I really don't feel the need to have a box for it specifically. But I've been a big supporter of digital distribution for small, inexpensive games for awhile now.
  • edited June 2009
    The lead designer on the game answers questions on Facebook once in a while, and his answer to this question was basically "maybe." If the game sells well, they might look into putting it on retail shelves.
  • edited June 2009
    I don't really have a problem with downloading it. Besides, I have too many game boxes already, where will I store it? :-)
  • edited June 2009
    I'll probably just whip up my own DVD slip cover and print it out so I can shelve the DVD case next to the other LA cases I made. Even if there's no disc inside.
  • edited June 2009
    ^ Well, you could always just burn the game to a CD/DVD.
  • edited June 2009
    I reckon they'll definitely do a box-set of the SE's. So we'll have to wait at most until they decide to stop updating current MI games.
  • edited June 2009
    I hate games that is just sold digital. I like having a box in my shelves, and I don't mind paying 5-10$ more to get it.
    That is also the case with MI1:SE and TOMI
    I would even pay another 5$ to get a big box, just like my copy of MI1&2 (hint, hint telltales)

But all customers should get a choice. Pay xx for just a digital copy, pay xx for a copy with a DVD cover or pay xx to get the spesial big box edition with a poster.
  • edited June 2009
    Sphaa wrote: »
    I would even pay another 5$ to get a big box, just like my copy of MI1&2 (hint, hint telltales)

But all customers should get a choice.
    They have that choice. Did you even read the article description? There actually will be a DVD, which you can get for the costs of shipping.

That's what I like that much on Telltale Games. One order, one price, and you can download and play immediately, and for the case Telltale does quit its service (which hopefully does not happen any time soon), you still have the DVD.
  • edited June 2009
    Read what I wrote one more time.

"I would even pay another 5$ to get a big box, just like my copy of MI1&2"

We're getting an DVD in a standard cover. If you pre-order you'll get a special cover, but no BIG-BOX

Edit:
    my first post was describing my look on game distribution generally , not telltales spcifily.
    I really like telltales's way of selling games, but I miss the big-box
  • edited June 2009
    DVD cases are more practical now. I'd rather have them than the boxes. That way you have more space on the shelf. The old boxes were really nice, though. I don't know if I'd want to go back to that, though. When you think about it it's an awful lot of space for just one disc and maybe a reg card or jewel case-sized manual (I'm talking nowadays. Not 15+ years ago when game companies weren't so cheap and the game boxes came with a ton of collector's items!).
  • edited June 2009
    i sent a message to Lucasarts awhile back when i first heard about the SE, but sadly no really, i guess the monkeys arnt really listening :P, also i didnt think that with the downloadable games to burn onto CD or DVD, its a good idea, but it wouldnt be the same without boxart or a metal tin case, but its the first time im buying from telltales, just wondering if you download a game would it be saved on there system, just incase you deleted the file on your pc, so you can have unlimited download of the game?
  • edited June 2009
    Yes. It keeps track on your account of which games you've bought. Once each season is complete, though, you can order a DVD from Tell Tale with the entire season on it as well as a bonus disc with extra goodies for just the cost of shipping (if you've already bought each episode beforehand).
  • edited June 2009
    yeah pre-ordered TOMI when it was mentioned,so looking forward to the DVD hard copy, but just hoping and praying that they bring a DVD of the special edition
  • edited June 2009
    It would be nice if they also remake MI2:LR and then let out a DVD with SMI-SE, MI2:LR-SE and the original CMI and EMI..
  • edited June 2009
    Let's see how this one will do. If it makes enough money, I'm sure LucasArts will consider remaking MI2 as well. Here's hoping!
  • edited June 2009
    Wolfstar27 wrote: »
    Im a Huge Monkey Island fan, ive got all the games in there orignal PC boxes, and ive pre-ordered the new one, which at the end of the episodes i will recieve a hard copy of Tales of Monkey Island, now my question is, the SMI:SE would there possibly be a hard copy of the game so i can add it to my collection besides only having it a downloadable game, im sure fans would agree with me there, what do you guys think?

There are no plans for an MI:SE hardcopy. It will be downloadable only.
  • edited June 2009
    There are no plans for an MI:SE hardcopy. It will be downloadable only.

The great thing is: Plans can change. :)
  • edited June 2009
    I dont think that in shelves it would sell well... The new Guybrush's hair would scare costumers away.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.