Alright, its the 17th here, Gimme Gimme Gimme!

edited October 2006 in Sam & Max
Not sure if this was asked in another thread, but when can we expect this puppy to go live on Gametap?

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Go to bed.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Probably not for a few hours, since it's the middle of the night where GameTap is. :)
  • edited October 2006
    Probably not for a few hours, since it's the middle of the night where GameTap is. :)

Yea that's about what I figured. Lazy Atlanta folk!
  • edited October 2006
    Not sure if this was asked in another thread, but when can we expect this puppy to go live on Gametap?

As you wish. My review of Sam & Max: Culture Shock is UP!

http://gamingtrend.com/Reviews/review/review.php?ReviewID=680

I'll answer any questions that you might have. Just ask away. :)

Ron Burke
    Director of Gaming Trend
  • edited October 2006
    Is there anymore music in the game that we haven't heard?
    (besides those three tracks released)
  • edited October 2006

As you wish. My review of Sam & Max: Culture Shock is UP!

http://gamingtrend.com/Reviews/review/review.php?ReviewID=680

I'll answer any questions that you might have. Just ask away. :)

Ron Burke
    Director of Gaming Trend

*sigh*

Toy not with me sir. For I am scorned (at least until tomorrow at lunch).
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Thanks for the link, Ron!

Yes, there's more music than just those three tracks. :)
  • edited October 2006
    nice review
  • edited October 2006
    Wired also has a good article up:
    http://www.wired.com/news/culture/games/0,71944-0.html
  • edited October 2006
    And there's a review at adventuregamers.
  • edited October 2006
    All three reviews point out that the game is too easy for their taste. I hope TellTale takes the feedback and increases the difficulty for the next episodes. B-)
  • edited October 2006
    Just a couple more hours of waiting since Gametap usually waits to release games mid-day.
  • edited October 2006
    Just a couple more hours of waiting since Gametap usually waits to release games mid-day.

*twitch*
  • edited October 2006
    Ah! It's 9:43 and I don't have it yet!

EDIT: 10:00AM, AH! A gametap update, and it says my internet or firewall is not letting me to connect to the server?! AAAH
  • edited October 2006
    Ah! It's 9:43 and I don't have it yet!

EDIT: 10:00AM, AH! A gametap update, and it says my internet or firewall is not letting me to connect to the server?! AAAH

Yep same, just means they're server is down while its updating, it should be back online soon and we can get our grubby paws on it!
  • edited October 2006
    Looks like there's a problem.

I logged into gametap with no problems... well, one problem.

There is no Sam-n-Max. The gamelist has 699 games as opposed to the 710 that gametap.com advertises. Also, my gametap didn't update as it was trying to do a half hour ago.

EDIT: It's about 11:30 am and there are 180 guests on the forum probably wondering where sam and max are. Well, not on gametap, that's for sure.
  • edited October 2006
    Looks like there's a problem.

I logged into gametap with no problems... well, one problem.

There is no Sam-n-Max. The gamelist has 699 games as opposed to the 710 that gametap.com advertises. Also, my gametap didn't update as it was trying to do a half hour ago.

EDIT: It's about 11:30 am and there are 180 guests on the forum probably wondering where sam and max are. Well, not on gametap, that's for sure.

It's up! Downloading now.

The first update was the launcher, then they update the game lists later.
  • edited October 2006
    Sweet! I'm downloading as well.

While I wait, I'm watching the "making of" video.
  • edited October 2006
    Wow, Gametap has gotten a facelift! I like the new look a lot. And we now have a progress bar in Gametap TV!
  • edited October 2006
    http://www.mario-kart.net/gamespy/viewer.php?id=3805sigh.jpg

^ View ^

Uh oh... here's hoping restarting gametap works...
  • edited October 2006
    ^ That's because Gametap has received a facelift. You have to exit and restart Gametap to get the mandatory update.

As for the game, it's great! I love the great humor.

Also, new making of Sam and Max video now available as well as the 4th episode of the animated series.
  • edited October 2006
    http://www.mario-kart.net/gamespy/viewer.php?id=3805sigh.jpg

^ View ^

Uh oh... here's hoping restarting gametap works...

Yea I got the same thing. Apparently the earlier gametap update wasn't the right one or something. Worked just fine after I downloaded Sam and Max and restarted Gametap.

btw, the game rocks. I had a bunch of people people drop by my desk during lunch to check it out and other than the initial 'I wish it was the old voices' stuff they all seemed to dig it. Everyone also commented about how good it looks.

Which btw after a few minutes you stop noticing the voices (except I still maintain that I wish Sam's voice had a little more 'oomfph' to it. Not that he isn't supposed to be monotone but his voice could use a little more range.)

All in all I'm super happy and can't wait for more! Awsome job to everyone at Telltale.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006

Emily already said yes there's more, but to be specific there's about 40 minutes of music written for Episode 1! It's awesome.
  • edited October 2006
    (sniff) (sniff) Gametap has hurt me :(( I want to get Sam & Max but I don't want Gametap (and I want all the episodes in one) So I guess I just have to wait. And should I buy Bully?
  • edited October 2006
    And should I buy Bully?

I dunno if I should vote "yes" for "stick it to the man" or "no" for "save money for Sam & Max" so I guess it's up to you.
  • edited October 2006

Emily already said yes there's more, but to be specific there's about 40 minutes of music written for Episode 1! It's awesome.

And one can reasonably assume that it will all eventually be available right? Because I need The Soda Poppers theme.
  • edited October 2006

And one can reasonably assume that it will all eventually be available right? Because I need The Soda Poppers theme.

I was about to request that :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    More than Jerks will definitely be appearing at some point on the TTG site, after everyone's had a chance to play the game.
  • edited October 2006
    More than Jerks will definitely be appearing at some point on the TTG site, after everyone's had a chance to play the game.

Haha! Suck on that GameTap subscribers!

[\:D/]

(it's the little pleasures in life...)
  • edited October 2006
    ^ What is that supposed to mean? Like Gametap members can't come on the TTG's website like everyone else? ;)
  • edited October 2006
    hahaha
  • edited October 2006
    Just wanted to make Canadian users of Gametap aware that you will be getting significantly less content (games and TV shows) than U.S. users.

See my post here: http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showpost.php?p=355542&postcount=12

I'm a big supporter of Gametap (and I live in the U.S.), but I think Canadian users deserve to know this information before they decide whether or not to sign up.
  • edited October 2006
    Just wanted to make Canadian users of Gametap aware that you will be getting significantly less content (games and TV shows) than U.S. users.

See my post here: http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showpost.php?p=355542&postcount=12

I'm a big supporter of Gametap (and I live in the U.S.), but I think Canadian users deserve to know this information before they decide whether or not to sign up.

What a let down. At least we still have bagged milk and Tim Hortons
  • edited October 2006
    Thanks for the link, Ron!

Yes, there's more music than just those three tracks. :)

Is there any chance we'd be able to listen to that music outside of the game in the near future? Or even the far future? ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.