How does the game story fit with the show?

Hi, I haven't watched the show. The opening episode was a bit too scary and then they killed off Sean Bean and I was done. I've forgotten most of what I've watched.

My hubby has watched more of the show but not played the game and he's commented that some game characters and family names are the same.

So I'm curious how they relate to each other? Are the main characters in the game also in the show or have they created new characters who seamlessly slot into the show story or is everything new except the houses and monarchs etc?

Comments

• If you play the game without the show its a bit confusing and you miss most of the cool references. However it does occur around different characters.

...That said it is still game of thrones if Bran and Ned bothered you so much you probably wont like it

• Main characters (the Forresters) of the game are not in any way seen in the show. Their house name is mentioned in the books but nothing else is revealed, so Telltale basically built them up from a scratch. However, the game features some well-known characters from the show, such as Cersei, Tyrion and Margaery (all seen in the first episode).

• Oh, you're absolutely right. But she was seen only briefly, she wasn't called by her name in the show and her role was very, very little in one single scene. Here's a picture: https://33.media.tumblr.com/bd5d6ab713f8c7ecc805b6e1629d7d9d/tumblr_ng82fp0hDP1qkbc9ko1_1280.png

So yes, she was seen in the show but she does not actually have any essential role in it. :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.