The Walking Dead Interactive FanFiction: A New Life

Comments

• edited February 2015

“I understand that, but you have to at least get up and help! I’ll help you!” Adam offered.

Adam would fight with him, so I guess they might be able to safe group-members. The other option could result in severe casualties in the group.

supersagig posted: »

But i don´t wanna leave Adam neither u.u

• [Try to help fight off the walkers]

Partition posted: »

Chapter 1: Part 6 October 28th, 2016. 12:47 P.M. [Let Dom join] “Deal with it Eric, we aren’t just gonna leave him behind without a

Chapter 1: Part 6 October 28th, 2016. 12:47 P.M. [Let Dom join] “Deal with it Eric, we aren’t just gonna leave him behind without a

• edited February 2015

This is really good so far :o i just submitted my character Taylor c:

• Hey guys, sorry I couldn't get a part up today. I went to my friend's house last night after I put up part 6, and I only got home about an hour ago. Unfortunately I have no time to write it tonight, so I will definitely have it up tomorrow. Sorry for the delay again! I promise this won't be a continuous thing!

• When I first started writing my story I got a new part up everyday now it may take a week. Just don't rush yourself if you ever need a break from writing don't be afraid to take one, it can be really nice sometimes. Also i'm really liking this story so far, you're doing a great job and I can't wait to see where you go with this! :D

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't get a part up today. I went to my friend's house last night after I put up part 6, and I only got home about an h

• Yeah, I don't want to rush anything, because that usually results in a bad outcome. I'm having very fun writing this so far, if I had more time I would probably have the next part up in about an hour.

And I'm glad you're enjoying story! I really enjoy yours too :)

When I first started writing my story I got a new part up everyday now it may take a week. Just don't rush yourself if you ever need a break

• You should vote on the next chapter the more the merrier! That's how it was for me in the beginning though I got fatigued from writing the story everyday and I started to grow sick of it. That's probably why it takes a week for one of my chapters anyway, everyone needs a break once in a while! High fives for our awesome stories! (Confidence that your story is good also helps!)

Alt text

Yeah, I don't want to rush anything, because that usually results in a bad outcome. I'm having very fun writing this so far, if I had more t

• Take your time! c:

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't get a part up today. I went to my friend's house last night after I put up part 6, and I only got home about an h

• I will! :) Thanks for the advice!

Alt text

You should vote on the next chapter the more the merrier! That's how it was for me in the beginning though I got fatigued from writing the s

• Chapter 1: Part 7

October 28th, 2016. 2:55 P.M.

[Try to help fight off the walkers]

“Come on, let’s fight! I can’t leave my group!” I told Adam.

Adam helped me up, and gave me a crowbar. He was already armed with a hammer. We opened the doors and walked out of the store. The walkers kept surrounding us, and the group kept killing as many as they can. I can only stay in one position, and I killed any walkers that walked past me.

About 3 minutes has past of non stop walker slaying. Luckily no one has died. But there were just too many of them.

“They won’t stop coming!” Katrina stated.

“Shit!” Nick shouted. “We have to get out of here!”

“No! It’s too risky! We’ll all get killed!” Eric warned them. “Just keep fighting!”

I looked over at Adam, who was doing surprisingly a good job. He was killing walkers all over the place. Everyone seemed to be stationed at a certain position, just killing the walkers as they came by. I kept on slashing my knife at walkers, and I was doing a pretty good job at it. I was so focused on myself and my task, and I hadn’t even realized how effective we were doing as a whole. The number of walkers were significantly decreasing. That was until no more walkers walked by me. I turned over to Nick and Katrina, who finished off the last couple of walkers. I looked around, countless numbers of dead walkers were all over the place, stacked on top of each other.

“Wow…” Braxton said. “How the hell did we just do that?”

“We fought. We didn’t give up. We didn’t lose confidence.” Dom said with a serious tone.

“Don’t need to get the motivational.” Eric chuckled.

“I’m serious.” Dom looked at Eric. “Wanna mess with me again?”

Eric backed up. “Come on, let’s continue moving I guess.” He said. That was until he spotted Adam approaching the group. “Who the hell are you?”

“That’s Adam.” I introduced him to the group. “I met him in the store, he helped us take out the walkers.”

“Hey.” Adam said.

“Hey, Adam.” Nick said. “You’ve been surviving on your own?”

“Kind of.” Adam replied. “I was staying at my safe house until it was breached. I eventually found a group and I stayed with them for a while. But then I found out that they killed and looted innocent survivors. I wanted no part of that. So I left and stayed in that shoe store. I was just resting and thinking of my next move until your friend Tony ran in here and the place started getting overrun.”

“Oh.” Nick said. “I didn’t even see you.”

“I was over there.” Adam pointed to the right of the shoe store.

“Oh.” Nick repeated. “Do you know any areas around here that hasn’t been touched yet?” He asked.

“Hmmm.” Adam thought for a bit. “I know that the area over there is picked clean.” Adam pointed to the area behind the shoe store, which was to the right of us.

“Okay.” Nick said. “We came from back there, because that area is pretty picked clean too. We were just moving ahead.”

“Ah. I don’t know how that area is doing. Better be cautious.” Adam warned us.

“We will, thanks.” Nick responded.

“Hey, you guys don’t kill people for no reason, right?” Adam asked. “You guys aren’t messed up in the head?”

“No, trust me.” I jumped in. Nick nodded.

“Well… you mind if I go with you? I don’t really have anything, or anyone…” Adam began.

“I don’t see why not.” Nick said.

Adam smiled. “Thanks.” he said. “Well, we better get going. Don’t wanna be stuck on the roads at night time.”

October 28th, 2016. 3:32 P.M.

We’ve been walking for a while again. It seems like that we always walk for some time, something happens, then we walk, then another thing happens, etc. It’s like a cycle. I was just waiting for something to happen. But we were in a new place, now. Things seemed a lot better here. We didn’t want to loot anything yet until we found a place to stay.

“Hey, look over there!” Katrina pointed to a school. Talk about timing.

“It’s a high school.” Eric pointed out.

“No shit.” Dom said to him. “Let’s go check it out.”

We all walked to the school, and the sign read “Ellentown High School.” I didn’t even know there was a place called Ellentown. That’s where we must be, then.

“Doors open?” Braxton asked.

“Yep.” Nick said as he opened the doors. The school was like an average school, except there was blood everywhere.

“Looks like this place didn’t go well.” Katrina said.

“Mhm.” Nick hummed.

“Come on, let’s check it out.” I said. “This seems to be a pretty big school, let’s split up. I don’t think anything bad can happen.”

“Who knows? There can be a group of people waiting for us in this school just to kill us and eat us.” Dom brought up.

“Come on, Dom. That ain’t gonna happen, right?” Tom asked.

“It could.” Dom responded. Tom made a worried face. “Come on, man up Tom. You need to stop being afraid all the time.”

“But what if there really are people waiting here and want to kill us?” Tom started to tremble a little.

“There isn’t!” Dom said in a loud voice. “Tom and I will check out over here in A Wing. Make sure we all meet back here.” Dom sighed as he walked towards A Wing.

“How many wings are there?” Braxton asked.

“I don’t know.” Adam responded. “Hey, look. There’s a map over here.” Adam approached the map that was in a frame hung up onto the wall. “A Wing is right there, and it connects to B Wing which is right up this hall.” Adam pointed to a hall behind us. “C Wing is on the opposite side of A Wing, and D Wing seems to connect C Wing and A Wing, while B Wing connects to C Wing. It’s like one big square but with hallways.”

“I’m lost.” Eric said. “Why is this shit so confusing?”

Adam ignored Eric. “There’s also an E Wing, but it’s pretty small and it goes off of C Wing. And then there’s an F Wing, which isn’t even a hallway, more like a complex area with just classrooms in it, and it goes off of B Wing.”

“Jesus!” Eric shouted. “Where’s G Wing, Adam? Does it connect off of H Wing? And H Wing goes off of a secret area in E Wing, and also leads to I Wing? And then J Wing is in F Wing, which also leads to K Wing and L Wing? Huh, Adam?”

Adam couldn’t help but laugh. “Don’t worry, there’s no other wings. Only goes up to F Wing.” He said to Eric. Eric gave a sharp glare at Adam, but then half-smiled.

“I guess Katrina and I will check out B Wing and F Wing.” Nick said.

“Can I come too?” Alexander asked.

“Sure.” Nick responded. “I don’t see why not.”

Nick, Katrina and Alexander walked over to B Wing. That left me with Adam, Eric and Braxton.

“I’m gonna go check C Wing and E Wing.” Eric said.

“You sure you don’t want anyone to go with you?” I asked him.

“Nah, I’m good. I’d rather go alone anyway.” Eric said as he walked away.

“I guess we’ll go check out D Wing.” Braxton said.

“Sounds good.” I said. I didn’t really know Adam or Braxton that much, so it would be nice to get to know them better.

The three of us walked into D Wing, it was a pretty long hall with lots of classrooms, faculty rooms, and the cafeterias. “So, Tony. Where have you been before all of this started?” Braxton asked, he seemed eager to know more about me.

“Well, I didn’t really do much. I never really left the house, either. I just liked to stay alone and feel peaceful and do whatever I want. The only instance where I left my house was for my job.” I replied.

“What was your job?” Braxton asked another question.

“I was a construction worker. I felt like it was the best job that fit me.” I responded.

“That’s cool.” Braxton said. “I used to work at Taco Bell. It was pretty boring, but it paid me enough to satisfy me. I was saving up all of my money for a new bed, but I guess all of that went to waste now.”

“A new bed?” Adam asked. “Your parents couldn’t buy you one?”

“Nah, I didn’t grow up having too much money. And my parents… they didn’t really care for me that much. They didn’t care what grades I got, if I did drugs and all that, you get what I’m saying?” Braxton said.

“Yeah, I understand. Have you stayed away from that?” Adam continued to ask questions.

“Yeah, I’ve managed to stay away from all that stuff, despite my parents not warning me about them.” Braxton kept answering.

“What… happened to your parents?” I asked. “If you don’t mind me asking.”

“I have no idea.” Braxton said. “I was at my friend’s house when one of those dead things barged through the house and devoured my friend and his family. I still can’t believe I got out alive. I tried to make to my house but there were too many of them. I just ran wherever I could and eventually ran into Dom and Tom.”

“Ah…” Adam let out.

“Yeah… even though they didn’t care much for me, I hope they’re still alive. I don’t know how I’d react if I found them dead.” Braxton said.

“Just don’t try to let that distract you too much.” Adam said. “We’ve all lost families and friends.”

“Yeah…” Braxton sighed. “Come on, let’s check out the cafeterias. There’s two of them, it seems. Blue and Gold. The Blue Cafeteria seems to be much larger, double the size of the Gold Cafeteria.” Braxton examined another map posted on the wall. “Which one first?”

[Check the Blue Cafeteria first] [Check the Gold Cafeteria first]

• Take all the time you need!!

• [Check the Gold Cafeteria first]

Chapter 1: Part 7 October 28th, 2016. 2:55 P.M. [Try to help fight off the walkers] “Come on, let’s fight! I can’t leave my group!”

• edited February 2015

[Check the Gold Cafeteria first]

Chapter 1: Part 7 October 28th, 2016. 2:55 P.M. [Try to help fight off the walkers] “Come on, let’s fight! I can’t leave my group!”

Finish the shortest one first

Awesome Chapter!!!

Haha ok, Eric's starting to win me over! Good stuff.

• Chapter 1: Part 8

October 28th, 2016. 3:49 P.M.

[Check the Gold Cafeteria first]

“Let’s check the Gold Cafeteria first. Let’s get the smaller one out of the way.” I said.

“Alright, sounds good.” Braxton replied as the three of us entered the Gold Cafeteria.

The Gold Cafeteria was about as big as your average normal cafeteria. The tables were dark yellow and resembled, well, gold, and the walls were half-painted white and dark yellow. There were lots of large pieces of torn paper all over the place, probably old Halloween decorations. But the main area we wanted to check was the kitchen, in case there was any food or beverages of some sort.

“Where’s the kitchen?” Braxton asked.

“Over there.” Adam said as he pointed to two wooden doors in the center of the opposite wall that we came in from. We managed to get into the kitchen, and we didn’t see any food off the bat.

“I’ll go check these cabinets.” Braxton said as he walked into the employees-only area of the kitchen. I limped over to a large basket-like thing, where I felt cold air protruding from it. This must be where the beverages were kept. I looked inside, and my eyes widened. There were tons of fresh water bottles, milk bottles, chocolate milk bottles, strawberry milk bottles, gatorade bottles, snapple cans, we hit the jackpot!

“Guys!” I called out. “I found tons of fresh cold drinks!”

“Really?!” Adam rushed over to me while Braxton kept searching through the cabinets. “Woah!” He gasped as he looked into the pit of beverages. “We are stacked!” Adam said with a huge smile.

“Hell yeah!” I said. “Hey Braxton, any luck?”

“Actually, yes!” Braxton yelled to us. “Tons of bags of potato chips, pop tarts, a large variety of fruit, this is awesome! Unfortunately no cooked food though.”

“That’s fine, I’m just glad we have food in general!” I couldn’t help but smile as well. “Look at all of these drinks we found!”

Braxton ran over to Adam and I, and saw the drinks. “Holy cow!” He said as he picked up chocolate milk bottle. “These don’t expire until a couple of weeks too!” Braxton smiled along with us.

“Man, I wonder what the Blue Cafeteria has!” Adam said. “Come on!”

“Hold on, Adam.” I stopped him. “There’s still some stuff we haven’t checked yet.”

“Where?” Adam asked.

“Over there, there seems to be a whole ‘nother area.” I said.

“Well, come on!” Braxton said while he sprinted to the area. “Come on, slow pokes!”

Adam ran past me as I was still passing the kitchen area. “I’m still shot, you know.” I said in a sarcastic angry tone.

“Oh shit, yeah, sorry..” Braxton let out a slight chuckle.

“Asshole.” I jokingly said. “Go check!”

I finally arrived to Braxton and Adam, they had waited for me. “Doesn’t seem to be much here.” Adam pointed out the obvious. There wasn’t anything significant here.

“Wait, what’s in there?” I asked, pointing to a door.

“Oh, I didn’t even see that.” Braxton said as he opened the door and checked inside. “That’s weird, it’s a classroom.”

“A classroom?” Adam said with a confused look. “In the middle of a cafeteria?”

“Come look.” Braxton entered the classroom, and Adam and I followed. There was a bin full of driving manuals on the front desk.

“This is a weird spot to have a Driver’s Ed class.” Adam said.

“Yeah, but we should take these manuals just in case.” Braxton said.

“Why?” Adam asked.

“What if we need to get out of a tight situation and I’m the one driving? I don’t know much about driving! I’m only 17!” Braxton chuckled.

We all shared a small laugh. “I guess you’re right, take some.” I said.

Braxton took about 5 manuals and we all walked out of the Gold Cafeteria. “Let’s go get Blue now.” He said.

We all entered the Blue Cafeteria, and this cafeteria was much larger. The main area was already larger than the Gold Cafeteria alone, and then there was a whole second area separated by a half-wall. The tables were blue, and the walls were painted white and blue, same style as the Gold Cafeteria but with blue instead of gold.

“Let’s go check the kitchen first again.” Adam said as we all walked towards the same type of doors as in the Gold Cafeteria. This kitchen was a mess. There was food splattered all over the place, on the walls, the floor, the cabinets, everything. What the hell happened here?

“This is disgusting!” Braxton let out as he stepped in some spilled stuff on the floor. I couldn’t make out what it was, but it was light red. Probably gatorade or snapple.

“Let me check the cabinets.” Adam said as he went into the employees-only section.

“Yuck!” Adam said as he checked all of the cabinets. “This place is just filthy! There’s nothing here.”

“Let’s go check the second area then…” Braxton said as we followed him past the half-wall.

We entered the second area, and there were some spare backpacks laying on the floor. This area also seemed to be torn apart, there were metal object everywhere. Some of them seemed to be good weapons, though.

“At least this place isn’t completely useless.” Adam said.

“Yeah.” Braxton replied as he collected the backpacks. There were only about 7 of them. Adam proceed to gather the metal object that he thought can be somewhat useful.

“Come on, let’s get out of here.” I said.

We all exited the Blue Cafeteria and were now standing in the hallway again. “Well, I guess that’s it for D Wing. The classrooms don’t seem to have anything useful in them.” Adam pointed out.

“Yeah. I’ll go get the drinks and food from the Gold Cafeteria and meet up with you guys at the main area.” Braxton said as he entered the Gold Cafeteria with the backpacks.

“I guess.” I said. “Let’s go back to the main area then.”

October 28th, 2016. 4:06 P.M.

Adam and I arrived at the main area, where Nick, Katrina, and Alexander were waiting there for us. Katrina was untying her hair from her ponytail again. “Hey.” Nick said. “You guys get anything good?”

“Hell yeah!” Adam exclaimed. “We got these metal stuff, figured they can be good weapons or supplies or have some sort of good use.”

“And we also got backpacks! And drinks! AND food!” I said. I was really excited. “Braxton should be coming back with them any minute now.”

“Really?!” Katrina said in shock. “That’s awesome!”

“Good job guys!” Nick praised us.

“You hear from Dom and Tom? Or Eric?” Adam asked.

“Nah, they’ll probably be back any minute though.” Katrina replied with confidence.

Braxton finally arrived. “Hey guys!” He greeted us. “I got the stuff!” Braxton placed the backpacks on a nearby desk. “Food, drinks, manuals!”

“Manuals?” Nick asked.

“Just in case! Don’t any of you guys understand?” Braxton laughed.

“I guess.” Katrina shrugged with a smile.

“Come on, let’s wait here for the rest.” I said. We all sat on the ground against the wall.

October 28th, 2016. 4:43 P.M.

I was nearly falling asleep when I finally heard the noises I wanted to hear. “Can you believe it?” I heard Eric’s voice in the background. I lifted my head and saw Eric, Dom, and Tom enter from A Wing.

“It’s about damn time.” Katrina said.

“Sorry we took so long, I ended up running into them.” Eric said. “But look what we got!” Eric took out about 30 pencils from his pocket. “Pencils!”

“Pencils?” I asked. “How the hell are pencils going to help us?”

“Ugh, they’re better than nothing! C Wing and E Wing sucks!” Eric said as he threw the pencils to the ground. Braxton ended up taking them and putting it in one of the backpacks. I looked at him. “Why are you taking those?” I giggled.

“Just in case!” Braxton shouted. “These may come in handy!” He chuckled.

“Whatever you say.” I said. “Dom, Tom, what did you get?”

“I got some backpacks too.” Dom said as he put 3 of them on the ground.

“And I found this gun!” Tom said as he held out a pistol.

“Hey, I found that!” Dom said as he snatched the gun away from Tom. “You didn’t do shit.” Tom shook his head.

“A gun?” Nick seemed pretty shocked. “Didn’t expect that. Looks like there were some bad kids in this school.”

“Yeah, but it’s good for us.” Dom told him. “But we don’t have any ammo.”

“That’s fine, we can use these.” Adam said as he pulled the metal objects closer to him.

“Nice.” Dom smiled.

“Well, since we have all of this stuff, and this school is pretty much picked clean by us, what do you wanna do? This seems like a good place to stay for a bit.” Nick announced.

“Yeah, this place actually seems like we can stay here.” Braxton added. “We settled? What do you guys think?”

[Stay at the school] [Take the supplies we found and try to find somewhere else to stay]

• [Stay at the school]

Chapter 1: Part 8 October 28th, 2016. 3:49 P.M. [Check the Gold Cafeteria first] “Let’s check the Gold Cafeteria first. Let’s get t

• [Stay at the school]

Chapter 1: Part 8 October 28th, 2016. 3:49 P.M. [Check the Gold Cafeteria first] “Let’s check the Gold Cafeteria first. Let’s get t

• [Stay at the school]

Awesome Chapter!!!

• [Take the supplies we found and try to find somewhere else to stay]

There may be some bad people that are thinking about a well stocked school. Sometimes staying in one place too long will get you killed.

• edited February 2015

[Take the supplies we found and try to find somewhere else to stay]

I agree with TheKingOfWalkers. If Tony and his group had the idea to loot the school, other survivors, possibly the nasty kind, could do too. If they want to stay somewhere, it should be something that is more remote than a school.

• One more vote to break the tie!

School, just a target for bandits and scavengers. Best to move, especially early on.

• edited February 2015

Chapter 1: Part 9

October 28th, 2016. 4:51 P.M.

[Take the supplies we found and try to find somewhere else to stay]

“I don’t think that’s the best idea.” I spoke up.

“What? How is it not?” Braxton said, shocked.

“This place is like a dead zone.” I said. “Think about it. A school is a good place to stay. What if other people come and try to take the school and try to kill us or something?”

“So we just barricade it.” Eric flat out said.

“Oh, yeah, we can just barricade an entire high school with how many doors? How many windows? We can just ‘barricade’ it? What the hell are we even supposed to use?” Dom told Eric. Dom seemed to be on my side. Eric shook his head.

“He has a point…” Nick admitted. “I don’t think it’s that great either. We have all the supplies, let’s just try to find somewhere else hopefully not too far from here.”

Everyone nodded in agreement as we all headed out the door. Everyone was holding a backpack or two while I limped behind them. At least my foot was starting to feel a bit better.

October 28th, 2016. 5:38 P.M.

It was getting dark now, which wasn’t a good thing at all. It was getting hard to see and I don’t know if it was true, but it seemed like walkers got more active during the night. Either way, being out during the night wasn’t safe, and we had to find somewhere to settle, fast. That was until something caught my eye.

“Hey, look!” I pointed at a YMCA.

“A YMCA?” Katrina asked. “That seems like another spot that most people would go to. It’s big, and there’s a lot of activities to do in there.”

“Yeah…” I said. Although I wasn’t much of a sports person, it did seem like an alright place to stay.

“We just need to get to a decent sized house or cabin or something that is isolated.” Dom said.

“Yeah…” Braxton agreed. Then he stopped walking. “Wait!” He said as he snapped his fingers.

“What?” I turned around and asked.

“How could I not have mentioned this sooner!” Braxton continued.

“What is it Braxton?” I was desperate to know.

“There IS a little house in the middle of these woods! It was my cousins’, they didn’t live there, but they possessed it. I used to go there every now and then!” Braxton exclaimed.

“Really?!” Nick seemed excited.

“Yeah! I know the way! Follow me!” Braxton said as we followed him into the woods.

10 minutes later…

“Finally!” Braxton gasped for air. “There it is!” He pointed to a pretty dirty two-story cabin, just built right in the middle of the woods.

“Is this really yours?” I asked. It just seemed too much of a coincidence.

“Yep..” Braxton assured. “Well, my cousins’. God, I hope they’re alright…”

“I’m sure they are.” Dom said. “Let’s just check it out.”

“No need.” Braxton stopped him. “I’ve been here countless amounts of times, I know the entire area!”

“Oh, right…” Dom said in almost a whisper.

We all entered the cabin. It wasn’t the nicest, but it worked. “You sure this is gonna keep us out of trouble?” I asked again.

“Yeah dude! Look around outside!” Braxton gave me a friendly shove outside of the cabin. All I saw was trees. Were we really that far into the woods? This did really seem like the real deal.

“There’s also a river more up north! We can fish!” Braxton seemed really excited about this. At least someone managed to keep a good and positive attitude, even in times like this.

“Not gonna lie, Braxton. This is pretty sweet.” I praised him.

“I know! Let’s get back inside.” Braxton replied as he walked back inside, and I followed him in.

“I think we’re good, guys. We are definitely isolated. And Braxton says there’s a river up north for us to fish when we run out of these snacks.” I said.

“Yep.” Braxton nodded. “There’s also enough bedrooms for all of us to sleep in, too.”

“Well, settle in, guys.” Nick ordered. “Looks like we’ll be staying here for now.” Nick smiled, along with pretty much everyone else in the group.

“This is so awesome! Let’s all play cards!” Eric said immediately.

“We don’t have cards.” Tom pointed out.

“Oh yeah, I forgot! I found a deck of cards in the school, decided to pick it up so maybe we can all play poker or something some time.” Eric said.

“At least they’re better than pencils.” I chuckled.

“Shut up, Tony.” Eric laughed.

“Fine, fine, we’ll talk and have some fun after we settle in.” Nick instructed. Everyone started to spread out within the cabin and explore what it had to offer.

This was great! I highly doubted we would get attacked at all here, and it was definitely better than the school. We can sleep on beds, relax on couches, read books, just the charm of living in a house. For once since all of this started, I was actually happy. I was confident that we can survive together. I really liked and cared for my group.

I was finally adjusting to this new life.

[END OF CHAPTER 1]

Well, that’s the end of chapter 1! Sorry this last part wasn’t as long, and the chapter itself wasn’t as long and a bit slow. Again, this was more of an introductory chapter for the story. Trust me, the future chapters will be much longer and more action packed, and I will get into more depth of the characters.

Also, I know it’s a bit early to do this, but I want to improve my writing as soon as possible so that the story can be as good as possible overall. I won’t do this too often, probably at the end of every chapter or two. I just want to use this as an opportunity for early improvement. You don’t need to explain why, but it would help as it would help my writing and give me more ideas for the future chapters. I know there isn’t much to answer for, but try to answer the best you can. Don’t be afraid to leave some constructive criticism!

1. Who is your favorite character so far?
    2. Who is your least favorite character so far?
    3. Was there anything in the chapter to you that particularly stood out?
    4. Was there anything you didn’t really like in the chapter?
    5. What would you like to see more of in future chapters?
  • edited February 2015
    1. Well the answer is obvious, it would be my character, Dom.
    2. I would say Eric, but he's starting to grow on me.
    3. The scene where Dom lashed out.
    4. Everything seems good to me.
    5. I want to see more interaction with other groups and things of that. Maybe even a rival group.

Chapter 1: Part 9 October 28th, 2016. 4:51 P.M. [Take the supplies we found and try to find somewhere else to stay] “I don’t think

• edited February 2015
    1. Im really starting to like Braxton!

2. Eric

3. For some reason it was when Katrina was threatening Tony :p

4. I really liked this chapter so nope!

5. I'd want to see more interaction with other groups and how all of them might struggle to keep their humanity.

Chapter 1: Part 9 October 28th, 2016. 4:51 P.M. [Take the supplies we found and try to find somewhere else to stay] “I don’t think

1. Alex
    2. Katrina , for now she is just Nick´s sassy sister and Tom cause he barely talks
    3. Dom´s mad scene
    4. Like i said above, the lack of depth of Tom and Katrina
    5. My characters and Depth of Katrina and Tom

• Ohh and also someone dying form a lurker/walker/rotter/geek/dead bite XD

supersagig posted: »

* Alex * Katrina , for now she is just Nick´s sassy sister and Tom cause he barely talks * Dom´s mad scene * Like i said above, the lack of depth of Tom and Katrina * My characters and Depth of Katrina and Tom

• 1. I love how you portrayed Nick so far and the scenes with Katrina have been equally great. Dom is another favourite of mine

2. I agree with supersagig that Tom and Katrina hadn't had that much screentime so far, but Katrina had that cool moment where she threatened Tony and was overall enjoyable. The same can't be said about Tom, who is the least developed so far, in my opinion

3. There are several scenes: Dom confessing his past was intense, Kat threatening Tony, Tony and Adam in that store, to name a few

4. Not really. I'm bad at giving negative critics, but this time I mean it. It's a great chapter for a great story!

5. More Katrina :D Jokes aside, my favourite in these stories are interactions between the characters, which I personally value over action scenes. You did a great job with these interactions so far, but from my point it can never hurt to increase them even more.

• Thanks for your answers! They really do help me out. And as much as I'd like the idea of having a different set of survivors each chapter, it kind of defeats the purpose of Tony's POV. Or I might create a new POV character and alternate between different groups each chapter. Would you guys rather have that, or just stick with this? That means if I were to do the alternation idea, this set of characters won't appear for another chapter or two. I'd be up for either idea.

• I like the alternation idea!!

Thanks for your answers! They really do help me out. And as much as I'd like the idea of having a different set of survivors each chapter, i

• I'd prefer we stick with this group's POV, but it can differ from each survivor. Like from Tony to Nick, Nick to Dom, Dom to Tom.

Thanks for your answers! They really do help me out. And as much as I'd like the idea of having a different set of survivors each chapter, i

• Personally, I like Tony's PoV very much and would prefer to stick solely to him, but I'm also a fan of multiple PoV's, either in this group or from the PoV of a completely different group. I'd be fine with whatever you prefer here.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.