The Walking Dead Interactive FanFiction: A New Life

Comments

• [Kill Dexter now]

Partition posted: »

Chapter 3: Part 5 March 4th, 2017. 6:29 P.M. [Go outside] I couldn’t leave Nick outside with Dexter alone. I had to do something. I

• That might have been the most thrilling part so far. Tony, Katrina and especially Alexander had a lot of awesome moments in this and I am very positively surprised that Nick is still alive. Katrina was quite badass in here, I loved that :D

Alexander saddened me though. His death was well-done and truly heroic. Rest in Peace!

[Kill Dexter now]

Some people deserve to die in pain. However, I don't want to risk the possibility of Dexter getting saved. Seeing how tough Dexter is, I don't think it is impossible to save him here. And with him, Ashton will loose his most important man.

By the way, I guess Nick would have died if Tony wouldn't have gone outside, right?

Chapter 3: Part 5 March 4th, 2017. 6:29 P.M. [Go outside] I couldn’t leave Nick outside with Dexter alone. I had to do something. I

• If Tony remained inside, yes, Dexter would have killed Nick. However, Alexander would still be alive, as well as Dexter. I won't give any full-down explanations until the chapter is done. Glad you liked the part! :)

That might have been the most thrilling part so far. Tony, Katrina and especially Alexander had a lot of awesome moments in this and I am ve

• [Kill Dexter now]

Alexander :( might have saved Nick's life this way but... Damn. Just get it over and done with, don't leave it to a slim chance.

• edited March 2015

[Kill Dexter now]

RIP Alexander :(

• [Kill Dexter now]

Katrina the badass. Poor Alexander :(. There could still be a chance for Dexter to survive and I don't want that happening.

• [Leave him and let him suffer] RIP ALEX. RIP IN PIECES

• edited March 2015

[Kill Dexter now]

• [Kill Dexter now]

• Chapter 3: Part 6

March 4th, 2016. 6:40 P.M.

[Kill Dexter now]

“What you gon-gonna do? Either way, you’re going thr-through lotsa hell…” Dexter coughed.

I stared into his evil, dark brown eyes. I lifted the knife, and thrusted it as hard as I can into his chest, the same spot he stabbed Alexander.

“GAAHHH!” Dexter yelled. “Ahh…..” He faded away. I twisted the knife several times, and finally pulled the knife out. Blood was everywhere. What a mess. That’s it. Dexter was dead.

Our group came running outside. Well, Katrina, Eric, Adam, Dom, Tom, Ashley, Mac, and Braxton to be exact. Nick was still inside.

They all glanced at me, and then Dexter’s body. But Alexander’s body didn’t go unnoticed. Everyone looked at Alex, and the entire outside area became silent.

“A-Alex…” Eric kneeled down beside him. He tried to shake him a bit, but Alex remained unresponsive.

Adam, Mac and Braxton made their way towards the body as well. Braxton began to tear up, while Adam just stared. Mac was trembling like crazy.

I was assuming Ashley and Tom knew about what happened, since Dom saw the entire thing. I don’t think Katrina wanted to tell them everything.

“Guys…” I broke the silence. “Let’s just… forget about it.” I know it was going to be incredibly hard to forget about. But we can’t mourn forever.

“We can’t.” Dom said.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Both of them, they were stabbed in the chest. We need to stop them from coming back.” Dom reminded us.

“Oh yeah....” I muttered. I took the knife and jammed it through Dexter’s forehead, blood splattering everywhere. It was a disgusting scene. But then I turned to Alexander. There was no way I can do that to Alex.

I just looked at Alex, and I didn’t know what to do. Dom approached me. “Here…” He held out his hand. I handed him the knife.

Dom slowly walked to Alex’s body, where Braxton, Adam, and Mac dispersed. Dom slowly impaled Alex’s forehead, preventing him from coming back as a walker. Blood gradually oozed from the wound. Thank God that was over with. I couldn’t take any more.

The doors slammed open out of nowhere. To our dismay, it was Ashton. Him of all people. There was also someone else, who was about average height and hard dark brown hair and eyes along with a beard. He was wearing a brown hunting jacket with a blue flannel underneath with black jeans and brown work boots.

“What the FUCK is going on out here?” Ashton screamed.

“Why don’t you see.” I said.

Ashton scanned the area, despite already having an image of the scene. “I’m going to fucking kill you.” He yelled.

Ashton was about to charge at me, until the man stopped him. “Ashton, wait. I have an idea.” He said.

“What, Jessie?” Ashton asked.

“Don’t waste all your anger on them. Look at what they did. I say we put em’ through some pain first.” Jessie laughed.

Ashton looked at us. “Good idea…” He mumbled. “Follow me.”

We all reluctantly followed Ashton and Jessie inside. Nick wasn’t there. “Where is he?” I asked Katrina, who was still crying about anything. I couldn’t blame her.

“They took him to the infirmary.” She told me.

“Good.” I said. At least Nick didn’t have to go through all of this shit.

We arrived at a dead end, to the corner of the entire building. Where was this?

“Anyone looking, Jessie?” Ashton asked.

Jessie looked around, and almost no one was present. “We’re good.”

“Perfect.” Ashton said. He moved over a barrel, which revealed a secret door, almost like a trap door, that led underground.

“Ashton! Ashton! There you are!” Dan came running towards us.

Ashton turned around. “What, Dan?”

“We need supplies. We’re running out again. Dylan said he didn’t want to go.” Dan informed us.

“I don’t even consider him an official anymore.” Ashton sneered.

“Well who are we gonna send?” Dan asked.

“I know who.” Jessie spoke up. “Hmmm…” Jessie looked at us.

“Take the guy with the crutches, this excuse for a member, and…. you.” Jessie pointed to Braxton, Mac, and I.

“What? They aren’t going to bring back any supplies!” Ashton protested.

“Listen.” Jessie said. “They’re all detriments anyway. If they get supplies, great. If they don’t, who cares? They just killed your right hand man.”

“I’m not a detriment.” I refused.

“Well you sure as hell don’t respect me.” Ashton said.

“Yeah, so?” I shrugged.

“Go with them, I want to save you for last, anyway… and if you even dare to run away, I will find you. And if I don’t, you’ll die a lonely wanderer.” Ashton threatened. “Now go!”

Braxton and Mac reluctantly exited out of the building, while I trailed behind. This was stupid. Ashton’s logic made no sense. Maybe killing Dexter made him messed up in the head. Oh wait, he already was.

March 4th, 2017. 6:53 P.M.

We were outside now, and it was getting dark. “Where the hell do we go?” Braxton asked.

“I don’t know. Let’s just go this way I guess.” I pointed to a random direction that cut through the woods.

“Alright.” Braxton said, and we all entered the woods.

“You know Tony, we haven’t really gotten the chance to hang out or talk much since we got here. How’ve you been?” Braxton asked.

“Shit.” I responded. “You?”

“Same exact way.” Braxton replied. “I just can’t believe it… Alex…”

“And it’s all my fault…” Mac muttered from behind us. That was actually the first time he spoke since the entire incident.

I turned around and looked at Mac. “It isn’t your fault, Mac.”

“Yes it is.” Mac insisted. “If I hadn’t come up with that stupid plan... Alex would have had to lie…”

“Hey, I’m sure no matter what Alex would have saved us, there was no other way. We can’t begin to blame ourselves for something we can’t stop.” I said to him.

Mac just shook his head and looked at the ground.

“I think it’s best if we just leave him alone.” Braxton suggested.

“Yeah…. so much shit has happened. I can’t express how much I miss that cabin.” I said.

“Same here man. I hate this place. It just makes me so sad… everything was going so well… and then Ashley dragged us all into this…” Braxton muttered.

“We can’t blame Ashley for this. We was simply trying to run away and he happened to be there at the right time to save her.” I told him.

“I guess you’re right… it’s just, I really don’t know. It’s like, as if this world wasn’t bad enough, we got people like Ashton still alive and just making everything worse.” Braxton spoke.

“Just goes to show… this world will make people do crazy things.” I said.

“It just makes me wonder, how were people like Ashton before all of this started? Were they good people? Are they just victims of fitting into this new world, changing them for the worse?” Braxton speculated.

“I don’t know, man. But I know one thing. This outbreak hasn’t changed me one bit. I’m still the same guy who I am before all this.” I told him.

“Heh, me too.” Braxton chuckled. “I just want to run into nice survivors, who can just rescue us… save us, or something! It’s like, we always just have the worst luck. It drives me crazy.”

“Tell me about it.” I sighed. “I just want to meet someone new who hasn’t been affected by the outbreak.”

“Yeah.” Braxton agreed. “Another thing, what if, it’s only here that this outbreak is happening? Like, only here in Pennsylvania?”

“I doubt that, there would be government and survivors all over this place. The walkers would be extinct by now.” I answered.

“You’re right.” Braxton shook his head. “I just can’t believe how all of this can just happen. The entire world, probably, is just… dead… it’s never going to be the same, Tony.”

“Yeah, thanks for reminding me.” I chuckled. “We just need to fit in. I already have, I hope most others have too.”

“It’s still getting to me, you know? Not knowing what happened to my friends and family. Knowing that people are dying everyday, somewhere in this world.” Braxton admitted.

“Yeah…” I sighed again, as we approached a river. “Hold your horses.”

I looked down at the river, it was flowing at a decent rate. It was certainly not strong enough to pull us down the river, but it was a bit wide. “Now what? Do we cross the river?” Braxton asked.

“I don’t know. I guess…” I replied.

“I can’t swim across that river, not with my one foot.” Braxton refused.

“OVER HERE! OVER HERE!” I heard men yelling in the distance, and flashlights shining behind the trees.

“Who the hell was that?” I asked.

“THEY’RE RIGHT OVER HERE! GET ‘EM!” The men bristled through the trees, not far away.

“They’re coming for us!” Braxton stated the obvious.

“Ahhhh!!” Mac yelled as he jumped in the river, and easily swam across, and kept running.

“MAC!” I shouted.

“I HEAR ‘EM OVER HERE!” The men kept shouting, the flashlights getting closer.

“They’re getting closer!” Braxton warned.

“We can’t leave Mac alone in these woods with these people!” I said.

“Yeah, I know, but I can’t swim across that river!” Braxton told me. “We just gotta get outta here! Come on, Tony!”

Yet again, I’m in another dilemma. Knowing the coward Mac is, I couldn’t leave him in these woods alone, who knows what will happen. But I can’t cross the river and look for him and leave Braxton behind, the men will get to him for sure, and I doubt he’d be able to escape with his crutches. Shit.

[Run out of the woods with Braxton] [Chase after Mac]

• edited April 2015

[Run out of the woods with Braxton]

Chapter 3: Part 6 March 4th, 2016. 6:40 P.M. [Kill Dexter now] “What you gon-gonna do? Either way, you’re going thr-through lotsa h

• edited April 2015

Awesome Chapter!!

Chapter 3: Part 6 March 4th, 2016. 6:40 P.M. [Kill Dexter now] “What you gon-gonna do? Either way, you’re going thr-through lotsa h

• edited April 2015

Oh shit, oh shit, what is Ashton doing to Katrina, what is he doing? He's torturing her, right? And did Tony and the other members of the group just allow Ashton to do whatever he wants? Hopefully Tony manages to save her and the others from the worst of Ashtons torture. Why did they just let that happen? Oh god, please no, please don't kill Katrina D:

This option seems to bring him back to the community faster. I obviously don't want Ashton to torture or kill Katrina so Tony needs to come to her rescue as fast as possible, even if that means loosing Mac. Please vote for this ;_;

• edited April 2015

I agree with LiquidChicagoTed, Tony has to go back to the community quickly. Don't like Mac that much and all of my favorite characters are with Ashton now. I just hope Katrina and Dom stay safe from him. Maybe Dan can do something to save them, because he saw them going in the torture room :(

• [Chase after Mac]

Great chapter!!

• edited April 2015

Don't want to leave Mac behind, but Braxton can't manage on his own. Very clever by Jessie though, making escape more difficult by sending Braxton. I'm worried about the others left in the community as well. I can't think of anyone else they know who's in a position to help them.

• [Run out of the woods with Braxton]

I agree with LiquidChicagoTed. This is a tough call but Braxton needs the most help.

• [Run out of the woods with Braxton]

• Hey guys, sorry about the long wait. My spring break has been extremely busy so far, like, I've only had about an hour on my computer since Friday. I'm returning home tomorrow, so I should be able to get a part out tomorrow. Thanks for being patient!

• edited April 2015

I'm glad a new chapter's gonna be up soon! I have a question, how many seasons do you expect to write? It may be a little early but I'm really curious.

Hey guys, sorry about the long wait. My spring break has been extremely busy so far, like, I've only had about an hour on my computer since Friday. I'm returning home tomorrow, so I should be able to get a part out tomorrow. Thanks for being patient!

• Thanks man, I have so far. But I certainly haven't forgotten about this story!

As for the seasons, I really don't know. Depends on how many new characters I get or if there's a mandatory necessity to change the story, but expect at least 2 or 3 at the least!

I'm glad a new chapter's gonna be up soon! I have a question, how many seasons do you expect to write? It may be a little early but I'm really curious.

• edited April 2015

Chapter 3: Part 7

March 4th, 2017. 7:18 P.M.

“Come on Braxton, let’s get outta here!” I slightly punched his arm as we bolted away from the river. I was helping Braxton move as fast as he could.

“What about Mac?” Braxton asked.

“No time for him, we just need to get back to the community!” I told him.

March 4th, 2017. 7:47 P.M.

It was pitch black now. But Braxton and I managed to safely get back to the community. “Come on, let’s go.”

Braxton and I entered the community, and the main area was completely empty. “Come on, let’s go to our room.”

We made our way to our room, and only Marino, Lucia, Santiago, and Gaston were present.

“Hey guys, what’s going on? Where’s the rest?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” Marino mumbled, laying on the couch.

“Lucia?” I asked.

“I don’t know either. They haven’t been here for almost an hour.” Lucia answered.

And then I remembered. They were with Ashton. I completely forgot about that. I didn’t know they were going to do that when we left! I thought Ashton wanted to wait until we got back.

“Braxton, follow me!” I rushed out of the room towards the secret door. Braxton followed behind as fast as he can on his crutches.

“Shit, hopefully they’re okay!” Braxton shouted.

“They better be!” I yelled as I reached the secret door, which was open. What?

I turned around and looked at Braxton. “Go!” He told me. “I can’t go down there with these crutches, sorry man!”

I went down the ladder, and I saw my group brawling with Ashton and his officials. The room seemed to represent a cellar or an unfinished basement. “What the fuck?!?!” I screamed.

Most of them looked at me, but others continued to fight. “Get him!” Ashton shouted, as he got up from the ground and ran towards me. I tried to dodge him, but he got a hold of me, and got really close to my face.

“So… did you get any supplies? Where is Mac and Braxton?” He said, I can feel the heat of his breath in my face.

“No, we got attacked by these guys!” I exclaimed. “Braxton is up there, but I think they got Mac.” I told the truth.

“Fucking useless pieces of shit!” Ashton slammed me against the brick wall.

Jessie approached Ashton. “Calm down man! I told you, doesn’t matter that we lost Mac, he was useless anyway. This could have been a lot worse!”

Ashton glared at Jessie, and realized he was right. Ashton had gotten so angry that he had forgotten the point of sending Mac out there. “Yeah, sorry. Now get the FUCK organized!” He screamed at the top of his lungs.

My group, which consisted of Eric, Katrina, Adam, Dom, Tom, Ashley, and me at the moment, backed up against the wall. The only officials I noticed were Jessie and Dan. There were 3 other officials I didn’t know.

Ashton tied our feet and arms with rope on pegs that stuck out of the floor and wall. We couldn’t move.

“So… tell me… who killed Dexter? And don’t you fucking lie to me.” Ashton paced back and forth throughout the room.

I decided to speak up before anyone else. “Alex did.” I answered truthfully.

Ashton stared at me. “Alex would not do such thing. Tell me the truth!” Ashton slammed his fist against the wall.

“It was Alex, Ashton. That’s why he’s fucking dead.” I told him. “He was always part of our group. You trusted him and he ended up sticking with us in the end. This is your fault.” I defended myself.

“Heh…” Ashton chuckled, smiling. “You have the nerve… to blame me? I run this fucking community. I can have you executed. Hell, I can execute all of you right now.”

“Do it then.” Dom said, out of nowhere. Was he trying to get us killed? “Do it, fucking do it. I bet you won’t.”

Ashton approached Dom. “You don’t think I will?”

“Nope. You ain’t even armed. And if you even try to lay a hand on me, I’ll beat your face in.” Dom threatened him.

“Dom…” Tom whispered, shaking as always. “What are you doing! I don’t wanna die!”

“You’re not going to die. Stay calm.” Dom whispered back.

“Alright, I won’t lay a hand on you.” Ashton said. He instead tugged Ashley towards him, ripping her ropes, and away from the wall. Ashley screamed as she tried to get out of Ashton’s grip, but Ashton was too strong.

“Heh heh… try all you want. You ain’t escaping me.” Ashton chuckled.

Dom looked like he was about to launch himself towards Ashton, but stopped himself. “Put her the FUCK down!” He yelled.

“Nah, I don’t want to. If you really cared, you’d be coming to save her yourself. Goes to show how weak you are.” Ashton stated.

“You calling me WEAK?” This filled Dom with an immense amount of anger, and he ripped through the ropes and nailed Ashton in the face, as he rescued Ashley. Ashley kissed him and she ran back in line.

However, Dom was stuck in the middle of the room. Ashton was on the floor, but the officials began to pounce on Dom, all at the same time. We couldn’t do anything.

But out of nowhere, Braxton dropped into cellar, taking note of what was going on. “Come on!” He yelled, as he managed to hop to us and untie Tom and I until the officials got off of Dom.

“Who do you think you are?” Jessie tackled Braxton to the ground.

“Untie them! Get outta here!” Braxton said as he was getting beaten by Jessie and the rest of the officials. Braxton was surprisingly doing a good job keeping them off, I guess because they came one at a time instead of all together.

“Uh… you untie them! I don’t want to die!! Sorry!” Tom said as he climbed up the ladder as fast as he can.

“You fucking pussy!” Dom yelled up to him.

“Just help me Dom!” I told him. We managed to untie everyone, and we began to climb out of the cellar. Everyone was out, while I was nearly halfway up the ladder.

“What about Braxton?!” Katrina asked, worried.

“Go! I can’t get outta here with my one foot! I’ll try to fight ‘em off!” Braxton shouted to us, uneasily.

“I can’t leave you man!” I shouted back to him.

“Just go! You’ll get it worse if you come down here! I’ll meet up with you!” Braxton shouted again, as I heard the endless sounds of punches being thrown.

I reluctantly climbed out of the cellar, hoping that Braxton would be okay. The rest of my group was waiting for me.

“Shit man… Braxton better come out of there alive.” Dom said.

“He will. He’s a fighter with lots of determination.” I said.

“Look guys… I’m sorry I chickened out… I just really don’t want to die or get hurt…” Tom apologized.

“It’s fine Tom, just get it out of your head.” Dom comforted him.

“Thanks for saving me…” Ashley hugged Dom.

“No prob.” Dom kissed Ashley’s forehead.

“What are you, our God and savior all of a sudden?” Eric laughed.

“Well, I did do what I did.” Dom shrugged.

“I’ll never be a God or a savior.” Tom shook his head.

“You will one day baby bro.” Dom gave Tom a pat on the back.

“Thanks, Dom, but I doubt I will. I’m just tired of cowering out of every situation… I just want to be useful, you know…” Tom admitted.

“It’s just who you are. You’re afraid of a lot of things. Don’t change who you are.” Ashley said.

“I know that, it’s just, I feel like I’m going to get someone killed or something.” Tom let out.

“I’d think if the situation was that bad, you’d have a bit of common sense bro.” Eric said.

“Whatever, I just hope Ashton and his crew doesn’t coming hunting us down now. I’m going to our room.” Tom walked away. That was the first time I ever heard Tom lashed out that much. I always knew he was a coward, but I didn’t know he was fully aware of it like that.

“I think we should just leave him alone.” Adam suggested.

“Yeah… I’m going to check on Nick.” Katrina walked towards the infirmary.

“Come on Ash, let’s go to the cafeteria.” Dom and Ashley walked away.

“Gahh…. I feel terrible. Leaving Braxton down there…” Adam shook his head.

“Stop worrying so much.” Eric said. “The more you worry, the more stressful you get, and the more stressful you get, the more you tend to think of the worse to happen.”

“You’re right bud.” I told Eric. “But with his one foot and all…”

“Exactly.” Eric cut me off. “Don’t think like that. Just try to ignore it and we’ll find out the results when the time comes.”

“What a shitty day…” Adam sat down against the wall. “First Alex… possibly Braxton… most likely Mac… Nick stuck in the infirmary… the food being stolen...”

“Don’t even remind me…” I told him. “This might be the worst day since everything started.”

“Yeah…” Eric agreed. “I’m gonna go get some air. Let’s go outside and have some fun for a bit, not like this day can get any worse. You guys wanna come?” Eric asked.

“I can use the excitement.” Adam accepted.

I’d like to have some fun and relaxing nonsense for a bit, this day has been terrible so far. But with that being said, I kind of did want to see how everyone was doing. Maybe check on the Santiago’s, see how Tom is doing, check on Nick in the infirmary, just see how everyone is. But maybe like Eric said, I should stop stressing out and relax for a bit.

[Go outside with Eric and Adam] [Stay inside and check around the community]

• [Stay inside and check around the community]

Chapter 3: Part 7 March 4th, 2017. 7:18 P.M. [Run out of the woods with Braxton] “Come on Braxton, let’s get outta here!” I slightl

Chapter 3: Part 7 March 4th, 2017. 7:18 P.M. [Run out of the woods with Braxton] “Come on Braxton, let’s get outta here!” I slightl

• [Go outside with Eric and Adam]

I'm pretty relieved that most of the group is safe for now, but on the other hand I am really worried about Braxton. Though I'm also glad that we chose to save him, since I don't think Mac would have had the guts to do that. On another note, Dom was especially badass in this part and I'm already hating Jessie as much as I hated Dexter.

• Chapter 3: Part 8

March 4th, 2017. 8:01 P.M.

[Stay inside and check around the community]

“Nah, I think I’m gonna check around for a little bit.” I told Eric.

“Alright, well if you need some air, come outside to the East Side Walls with Adam and I.” Eric said as he and Adam walked outside.

Hmmm, what should I do first? I was intrigued to see what was going on down in the cellar. The door was closed, but I wanted to see if I can hear anything. I put my head against the trap door, and I couldn’t hear anything. I don’t know if that was because they had stopped fighting, or if I couldn’t have heard anything because it was too far away. I respected Braxton’s wishes however and didn’t go down, as much as I wanted to though.

Since the infirmary was right the closest, I guess I’ll go there first. I made my way to the infirmary, where there were several injured members. Most of them were asleep, and I looked around for Katrina and Nick. That didn’t take too long, Nick’s bed was pretty close to the door. He was actually awake.

“Hey, Katrina.” I waved. “Hey Nick.”

“Hey Tony.” They both said.

“How you doing, Nick?” I asked.

“Good, I guess. I can’t move my leg, though. It hurts too much.” Nick answered. “I heard about Alex… shit, man…”

“I know, but he did it for us.” I said, looking to the ground.

“Yeah…” Nick coughed. “”I never got a chance to thank you for coming outside when you did, Dexter was about to kill me… you practically saved my life.”

“No problem, Nick.” I nodded.

“I wanted to thank you too.” Katrina hugged me. “He would have killed me if I went out there. I thought he’d kill both of you if you went out there as well, but you proved me wrong.”

“Your welcome, Kat.” I told her. “You saved me, too. I don’t think we would have been able to take down Dexter without you there.”

We stopped hugging, and Katrina looked back at Nick, and then back to me. “I’m just glad the three of us are alive.” She muttered.

Nick and I nodded.

“I feel like the three of us, are just, a separate little group, apart of our main group. We’ve known each other since day 1… and we’ve always gotten along so well. Alex is gone… and Eric, well…. he’s difficult to get close too.” Katrina spoke.

“We met Dom, Tom and Braxton on day 1 too.” I reminded Katrina.

“Well, yeah, but, you and Eric were the first fellow survivors we ran into. Don’t tell anyone, but I’m kinda afraid of Dom.” Katrina admitted.

“You’re afraid of him?” Nick jumped in.

“Yeah… I mean, I love him and all, but I always thought he had anger issues.” Katrina shrugged.

“No, he’s just really tough and defensive. All you have to do is not piss him off.” I said.

“Yeah, I feel like he gets pissed off too easily.” Katrina chuckled.

“Nah… this world has just changed people, you know. A lot for the worse. Not saying Dom is a bad man.” I told them.

“Yeah.” Katrina nodded. “I never had beef with Tom. I just haven’t gotten close to him yet. I’m just worried for Braxton.”

“I am, too. He’s a great kid.” I said.

“He is.” Katrina agreed. “I can’t remember one time he got angry at us. I just feel like me and you have a better bond than Braxton and I. I haven’t really talked to him as much as we do.”

“I hear ya.” I nodded. “I hope we can all make it out of here together.”

Katrina looked at Nick. “I don’t know how we’re gonna get outta here with him like this.”

“Listen, if worse comes to worse, then you can leave without me… I care for the safety of all of you.” Nick said.

“No, shut up!” Katrina stopped him. “We’re not leaving without you. Even if it means us risking our lives.”

Nick smiled at the comment. “I love you, Kat.”

“I love you too. Now stop being stupid.” Katrina smiled as well. I couldn’t help but smile along with them.

“I’m gonna go check on the rest of the group.” I said.

“Alright, thanks for checking on us, Tony. Kat and I really appreciate it.” Nick told me.

“Yeah.” Katrina agreed.

“No problem guys. Stay safe.” I said as I walked out of the infirmary. That was fun.

March 4th, 2017. 8:20 P.M.

I decided to go back to my room this time. This time, only Tom was present. “Where are the Santiago’s?” I asked.

“I have no idea. They weren’t here when I got here.” Tom responded.

“What are you doing?” I asked again.

“Just laying here. I don’t want anyone trying to track me down or anything.” Tom answered. “You don’t know how happy I am to see Dexter dead.”

“Well, yeah, we all are.” I told him.

“I knew that asshole before all of this. And I thought he was crazy back then!” Tom threw his arms up in the air. “I guess a guy like Dexter and the end of the world don’t go well together.”

“Well, nothing does.” I said. “How did you know Dexter?”

“He was part of the rivalry mafia that Dom was against. That guy hated me. Good thing Dom was there. Even though I actually kinda got him out of the mafia-crime stuff.” Tom explained.

“Sounds pretty insane.” I mumbled.

“Yeah, it was.” Tom said. “We need to get outta here Tony. With Dexter dead and Ashton still alive and running this place, we’re all gonna be dead by the end of the month.”

“Don’t you think you’re over-exaggerating?” I questioned.

“Nope, Ashton is gonna be ten times worse now that he lost his right hand man. You saw what he did in the cellar. He was going to torture us! Good thing Braxton saved us. Wonder how he’s doing…” Tom lashed out.

“Same here.” I agreed. “But you’re right. We do need to get out of here as fast as possible. But with Ashton and his fucking officials in the way…”

“Ashton wouldn’t be too hard to take down if all those officials weren’t there for him.” Tom said.

“I know.” I assured. “We just need to take all of the officials down.”

“That’s impossible.” Tom said. “With all of these cameras, they’ll find us and kill us.”

“Well we need-” I began to say, until the room to our door opened.

I turned to see a very tall African American with dark brown eyes and a goatee, wearing a dark green jacket with a white T-Shirt underneath it. He also had black jeans and boots. He looked pretty threatening.

“Uh… hello!” Tom said, backing as far away from the man as possible. “Ahh! Tony do something!”

“Shhh!” The man said. “I’m not going to hurt you.”

“Who are you?!” I asked him.

“I’m Franklin Weathers. I’m an official.” He responded.

“An official?!” Tom spoke. “Ahhhh!!!”

“Stop! Stop! Hear me out.” Franklin said.

“What do you want? Why are you here?” I asked.

“Well, I was sweeping the area and I happened to stumble upon your conversation. And I want to help.” Franklin explained.

“You want to help?” I questioned. “But you’re an official…?”

“I am an official. But I hate it. I hate Ashton. I want to leave. I’ve always wanted to use one of the spare trucks but there’s not enough gas and equipment to do it. But with your guys’ help I think we can work something out.” Franklin explained again.

“How do we know you’re not lying and trying to put us into some sort of trap?” I asked.

Franklin pulled up his left sleeve, where there was a noticeable scar. “This is from Ashton. I got into an argument with him and he sliced me with a knife.”

“How do we know that’s from Ashton?” I speculated.

Franklin sighed. “You just gotta believe me man. I want to escape! I just need the people to do it. You guys have a bigger group?”

“There’s a lot of us, actually.” Tom finally inched away from the wall.

“That’s great! We need to do this! Ashton and the other officials won’t see it coming.” Franklin said.

“You know, Dylan hates Ashton too now. Why didn’t he just get gas or equipment?” I questioned yet again.

“Dylan hates Ashton? I didn’t know! What a waste! We can use him to our advantage.” Franklin said.

“Dylan’s our friend now.” I said. “We aren’t going to let you use him.”

“I’m not going to use him.” Franklin defended himself. “I worded that wrong. He can get us the gas and equipment and we can all escape! Come on, you guys in? You have to trust me. I wouldn’t hurt you guys.”

Tom looked at me. “I’ll do whatever you do Tony. Just remember about the rest of the group.”

Was Franklin telling the truth? He actually seemed like a nice guy. But then again, he can be telling us one big lie. You never know these officials. But what if he was telling the truth? It would be a big help to us escaping this mad house.

[Trust Franklin] [Don’t trust Franklin]

• [Trust Franklin]

Great chapter!!

Chapter 3: Part 8 March 4th, 2017. 8:01 P.M. [Stay inside and check around the community] “Nah, I think I’m gonna check around for

• edited April 2015

Great part! Tom really grows on me. Coward or not, I can't help but find him very likeable. Nick and Katrina were sweet too :D

[Trust Franklin]

I don't think Ashton has the need to lure them into a trap like this. If he wants to screw them over or kill them, he simply does so. But sending one of his officials to trick them does not seem like something he would do. And Franklin seems to be a pretty cool guy.

Chapter 3: Part 8 March 4th, 2017. 8:01 P.M. [Stay inside and check around the community] “Nah, I think I’m gonna check around for

• [Trust Franklin]

• [Trust Franklin]

• [Trust Franklin]

• [Trust Franklin]

• [Don’t trust Franklin]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.