Where's Chuck Jordan?

I just cranked up Curse of Monkey Island for the first time in ages and I noticed it was co-written by none other than TellTale's Chuck Jordan! Is he busy on other projects?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    he roughly said that he was too lazy to work on it, however I reckon he is likely working on the 3rd season of sam and max.
  • edited June 2009
    i was quite surprised that they didn't get him to work on the new one. I mean chuck jorden and dave grossman writing a new monkey island, what a awesome team that would be!

if he was involved i think my built-in hype-meter would explode.
  • edited June 2009
    i was quite surprised that they didn't get him to work on the new one. I mean chuck jorden and dave grossman writing a new monkey island, what a awesome team that would be!

if he was involved i think my built-in hype-meter would explode.

actually, Dave is listed as design director on the team page, and by the very same page, most of the writing will be handled by Mark, Mike and Sean. i'm sure Dave will have his say in the script, but probably not to the extent as in eg. SoMI.
  • edited June 2009
    Darn, I was hoping this would turn into a Carmen Sandiego type game. He's in a foggy city known for the pyramid on the banks of its Barbary Coast...!

I'm here and working on another super-top-secret project that nobody can guess what it is. I've already worked on a Monkey Island game, and besides, the new series has Dave and Mike and Mark, brainstorming with Ron G, art direction from Derek and backgrounds from Kim, both of whom worked on Monkey 3, plus a ton of people who I'm either forgetting to mention or not mentioning to spite them.

At least half of Telltale either got jobs in games because of the Monkey Island series, worked on the Monkey Island series, or both. Consider your built-in hype-meter exploded.
  • edited June 2009
    Chuck wrote: »
    Darn, I was hoping this would turn into a Carmen Sandiego type game. He's in a foggy city known for the pyramid on the banks of its Barbary Coast...!

I'm here and working on another super-top-secret project that nobody can guess what it is.

Sam and Max Season 3
    Doctor Who
    Maniac Mansion 3
    The Fairly OddParents in Timmy's 5 Wishes Gone Wrong
    The Neverending Story: The Neverending Episodic Series

Ah man I ran out of guesses.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm here and working on another super-top-secret project that nobody can guess what it is.
    Hmm, you are more than likely messing with us. Everyone knows that Sam & Max: Season Three is in development. Then again, after the Tales of Monkey Island announcement, I would not be surprised if Telltale already secretly had another major license under their collective belts.

Could there be a loophole in the LucasArts contract that forces Telltale to produce a Star Wars adventure game?
  • edited June 2009

I'm here and working on another super-top-secret project that nobody can guess what it is. I've already worked on a Monkey Island game, and besides, the new series has Dave and Mike and Mark, brainstorming with Ron G, art direction from Derek and backgrounds from Kim, both of whom worked on Monkey 3, plus a ton of people who I'm either forgetting to mention or not mentioning to spite them.

At least half of Telltale either got jobs in games because of the Monkey Island series, worked on the Monkey Island series, or both. Consider your built-in hype-meter exploded.

Well fair enough, but you better be working on something good, dammit! :)
  • edited June 2009
    mhaley wrote: »
    Could there be a loophole in the LucasArts contract that forces Telltale to produce a Star Wars adventure game?

I have actually been longing for a Star Wars adventure game and am continuously baffled why LucasArts never attempted one.
  • edited June 2009
    Maniac Mansion 3.
  • edited June 2009
    Maniac Mansion 3.

i concur, then the circle will be complete (subtle of my, i know) :D
  • edited June 2009
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/19/telltale-episodic-day-of-the-tentacle-is-feasible/

Telltale's CEO Dan Connors said that "feasible is a good word" when asked about the chances of an episodic Day of the Tentacle series.
  • edited June 2009
    You know... I can't help but think a neverending story game would be quite cool.. ahem.

Guesses ooo! Ummm.... no, my brain really gives me nada.
  • edited June 2009
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/19/telltale-episodic-day-of-the-tentacle-is-feasible/

Telltale's CEO Dan Connors said that "feasible is a good word" when asked about the chances of an episodic Day of the Tentacle series.

This... is so awesome, i really hope that this happens one day. Day of the tentacle is my all time favourite adventure gamer followed by sam and max and monkey island. Hopefully in the near future this will come to be.
  • edited June 2009

Most likely Sam & Max, sure, but that's a less exciting prospect at the moment than, say... Full Throttle, or an actual original Telltale property.
  • edited June 2009
    playclever wrote: »
    Most likely Sam & Max, sure, but that's a less exciting prospect at the moment than, say... Full Throttle, or an actual original Telltale property.

I don't think Season 3 is less exciting at all! We've been waiting for season 3 for a year and a half now.. I'm not sure the long break was their intention but the anticipation out there is starting to build!
  • edited June 2009
    If they hit the peaks that the last two episodes of Season 2 did (episode 4, especially) from the get go, then it'd probably go down as one of the most awesome adventure titles ever made. (Hint: Don't rely too heavily on old characters and in-jokes, TT! There will probably be those who feel like taking a swim, but might be put off the necessity of playing through the other seasons before they can.)
  • edited June 2009
    Don't get me wrong, it's great that season 3 is in development, I'm just happy to wait until after at least Wallace & Gromit and Monkey before going back to it... and it would really make me happy if Telltale were able to invent a new IP.
  • edited June 2009
    I think they're being wise sticking with old IP... The poker characters weren't all that exciting, I think.

I hope they finally let that guy out of the closet in the next season.
  • edited June 2009
    I hope they finally let that guy out of the closet in the next season.

I'm hoping they find a dry skeleton the next time they open it.

Also, I'm happy with Telltale sticking with licensed properties, mostly because Telltale is one of very few developers that consistently does licenses so well.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.