Question about SMI:SE

In the original SMI, in the SCUMM Bar, there was a pirate with the button that said "Ask me about LOOM." Since most likely this is actually Cob from LOOM, it brings up an interesting opportunity for LucasArts. First of all it would be interesting to see if they get the same guy to voice Cob even though I don't recall him having very many lines in LOOM. Also, it would seem almost redundant for them to be advertising a game that came out not long after SMI did. So I ask the good people of the TellTale forums...do you think LucasArts would take this opportunity to advertise another game, a special edition for LOOM, a sequel for LOOM, or will they keep the lines the same?

DISCLAIMER: Neither LOOM: Special Edition nor any sequels to LOOM have been announced.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I saw a pic at IGN and the botton said ASK ME ABOUT LOOM. That rules out 1 and 3.
  • edited June 2009
    hplikelike wrote: »
    I saw a pic at IGN and the botton said ASK ME ABOUT LOOM. That rules out 1 and 3.

Well I guess that does rule out 1, but he still could be talking about a sequel to LOOM. LOOM could be used as a general term for the series much like if someone asked me about Monkey Island I would tell them about the series.
  • edited June 2009
    I doubt they'd change any of the lines, since that would create some weird issues with the 'switch between versions at any time' feature... so, the original Loom it is.
  • edited June 2009
    The devs mentioned in an interview that they kept the Loom guy there advertising the same Loom game. It was a note just to show how they faithfully reproduced everything in the game.
  • edited June 2009
    meant to click original, ohwell.
    from the screenshot I saw, it was just the same loom button.
  • edited June 2009
    If they bulit it from the code of the original game it shoud be like the original.
  • edited June 2009
    It IS the original Loom
  • edited June 2009
    From the live video playthrough, it's exactly the same.
  • edited June 2009
    Apparently at first they intended to change it to The Force Unleashed or Tales of Monkey Island, but eventually it ended up unchanged. Hopefully something like the "insert disk #3314" won't be repeated and we won't have people asking "OK I LOVED MONKEY ISLAND WHERE CAN I GETZ LOOM!?" :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.