The Most Important Sound Related to Monkey Island Ever

....is this.

Seriously, whatever anyone's thoughts of Monkey Island are it all begins with that sound. It just sets the tone, you know exactly what's coming and what everything after this sound entails. This sound represents all of Monkey Island and the amazing cinematic and hilarious experience that ensues after hearing it. And not just Monkey Island, but all the LA adventure games. Or adventure games in general. This sound has made it's mark in history and will never be forgotten. There's no sound like it that can produce the same wave of emotion, memory recall, excitement, and mystery. And it never gets old. Every time I turn the game on and hear that it gets me all hyped up the same way it did when I first played it.

Yes, the main theme is just as important but without this little bit there wouldn't be a main theme.

[/tribute]

Comments

• edited June 2009
    That never fails to give me chills. :)
  • edited June 2009
    Ohhhhhh, yeah. That triggers all sorts of happy excited feelings and memories.
  • edited June 2009
    I always thought that sound was just a part of the theme rendition from the first game. I never thought of it as a separate sound.
  • edited June 2009
    I always thought that sound was just a part of the theme rendition from the first game. I never thought of it as a separate sound.

It is the first part of the theme song to the first game. As you can tell it slowly build's up.
  • edited June 2009
    memorys,...
  • edited June 2009
    the one that I always loved was the logo for CMI (I think) where the monkey scream got louder and louder as the silver CMI logo appeared...

anyone know that one?
  • edited June 2009
    I think Guybrush's voice would be the most representative sound of MI. Or maybe Murray's laugh. Or LeChuck's "Aaarrrgh!".
  • edited June 2009
    I played MI 1 and 2 w/o sound o.O
  • edited June 2009
    I would have said the one that's more important is the chapter intro music. You know the one.

The monkeys are listening...
  • edited June 2009
    I hear it... and I see the logo come up in my head.. such happiness it brings me!
  • edited June 2009
    the one that I always loved was the logo for CMI (I think) where the monkey scream got louder and louder as the silver CMI logo appeared...

anyone know that one?
    Yes! The THX parody, that's what came to my mind as well when thinking of iconic Monkey Island openings...
  • edited June 2009
    Ive not heard that noise in ages. Happy memories and times... Makes me want to play them again from the beginning :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.