Culture Shock is the most played game on GameTap

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
I noticed GameTap brought back their "Top 5 Most Played" list to the website. Sam and Max is currently on top! [=D>]

gametaptop5october20copylr5.jpg

Also for the past week, Culture Shock has continually ranked in the Top 10 most popular upcoming games, across all platforms, on GameSpot. :)

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Culture Shock: Bigger than Tetris? :)
  • edited October 2006
    Well, to be fair, Gametap's version of Tetris is one of the ugliest versions of that game I've ever seen. :p
  • edited October 2006

(That was actually Jake, stealthily posing as me)
    Well, to be fair, Gametap's version of Tetris is one of the ugliest versions of that game I've ever seen. :p

Aww... that's the best version!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006

At least GameTap's Tetris uses the proper old rules, unlike Tetris DS and all modern cell phone incarnations (which allow you to infinitely spin your piece once it's landed, show a "shadow" of where your piece will land, show the next seven pieces you get to play, and allow you to "pocket" a piece for later if you don't want to immediately play it -- geeez!).
  • edited October 2006

I don't know. Personally, I'm addicted to it. Tetris at its very basic and best form.
  • edited October 2006
    Here's a very good Tetris game you can play for free: http://www.neave.com/games/nblox/
  • edited October 2006
    The Top 5 list has been updated and Culture Shock is still #1. :)

newgametaptop5october26th6.jpg
  • edited October 2006
    Interestingly, those 5 games are all on my favorites list! I guess my taste in [gamespot] games is popular.
  • edited October 2006
    I'm sure with all the advertising gametap is doing and all the hype Culture Shock has, everyone who has a gametap account has had to at least tried it once. With the reviews it's been getting I'm sure most (if not all) of them have gone through and beaten the game.
    Plus not to mention the new subscribers who Signed up just for Sam & Max
  • edited October 2006
    is there any difference between the game i can (hopefully) download soon on the telltale website and the on that was released eralier over gamtap? perhaps telltale has corrected some bugs or something?
  • edited November 2006
    Supposed to be the same exact version. And if the GameTap version did need updating, a patch would automatically be downloaded and installed, I'm sure.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.