Confusing parts in Episode 2

Why didn't Ser Royland Degore even bother checking the faces of the corpses before concluding it was some sort of moneymaking sceem and sending them to be tossed in the river? That makes no sense to me. That's the first instance where I was completely baffled. The only other thing that confused me was how Lady Elissa kept making decisions without any consent or ramifications. Anyone else catch something seemingly off like this? Do share.

Comments

• I can only assume from the dialogue that the man driving the cart tried to trick them before with fake Forrester corpses. Would you trust someone a second time if they deceived you once before? And btw, Royland didn't send them to be tossed in the river, the driver threatened them with that remark.

• "Some peasent dressed as a lord?" ''You did this at Duskendale, and now you have the stones to try it again''

He prolly tricked him before.

• Right on, I get what you're saying. But they were right on top. A quick glance would have revealed that. I mean, I just thought it was worth checking out. But the whole trick me once, shame on you, trick me twice, shame on me argument is a valid point, thank you.

• How bout when Lady Elissa's like, "promise me you'll kill the babies!", lol, that was intense. And what is up with Margery's cleavage? On my ps4 it looks all weird like it was hit with a meat cleaver.

• Because if Royland had just checked, which would have made sense, then there wouldn't have been any tension for the player from the risk that you might get dumped in the river, and then Rodrik wouldn't have needed to pull himself off the cart, thus aggravating his hardships. i.e. Royland didn't check because the makers of the game didn't want him to.

As for Lady Elissa, that's just her character trait that you have to deal with. She's a bit of a control freak, not entirely willing to give up her power as matriarch of the house, and assumes there is no harm in going behind people's backs for the supposed betterment of the family and makes executive decisions to get what she wants. The other characters let it slide, because of who she is, but I won't be surprised if Rodrik has to reprimand her for acting against his wishes at some point, which will cause certain rifts. All this in turn makes her suspiciously similar to Catelyn Stark, her counterpart in the show. All she has to do now is kidnap Tyrion, release Jaime Lannister, then whine about people not trusting her.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.