Cow Race/ OFB sales

edited October 2006 in Bone
I realize that you guys aren't going to print exact sales figures, but can you give us an idea of how the numbers have matched with expectations? I want to see you stay around for a long, long time, and hopefully eventually acquire some of the old franchises from Sierra or Lucasarts (fat chance, but I can dream) :)

Comments

• KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2006
    We can't give out sales numbers, but the best thing you can do for us is to spread the word! Tell your friends, post a message on a forum, let everyone know!
  • edited April 2006
    Oh I know, that's why I said that

I'm just wondering if the sales matched expectations. I've encouraged everyone I know, even going so far as to keep beating on a Mac user to install BootCamp so he can try out the games ;)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2006
    I'm just wondering if the sales matched expectations. I've encouraged everyone I know, even going so far as to keep beating on a Mac user to install BootCamp so he can try out the games ;)

If he does, let us know! I'm curious to find out how well BootCamp works.

It's only been a week since the game's release, and the response has been very positive so far. There's already a lot of awareness about the game among gamers... the challenge now is to get the word out to people who haven't heard of it yet.
  • edited April 2006

If he does, let us know! I'm curious to find out how well BootCamp works.

It works really smoothly :)
  • edited September 2006
    I'm just wondering if the sales matched expectations.
    the response has been very positive so far.
    That's the "press release" answer. Are you having trouble answering the question? C'mon, I'm sure your investors are reading this forum. Did it meet your expectations or not?
  • edited September 2006
    That's the "press release" answer. Are you having trouble answering the question? C'mon, I'm sure your investors are reading this forum. Did it meet your expectations or not?

I'm sure the investors can glean company info from non-messageboard sources.

Dan Connors has said in interviews that he's pleased with the sales of the Bone games. I'd find a link right now, but I should be cleaning the house before my wife gets home...
  • edited September 2006
    Hmmph! I can expect $1,000,000 but be "pleased" with only $500,000.

So you go kowtow to your wife and let someone else answer the question.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    Ouch. No need to get nasty.

Well, considering the question was asked and answered a week after Cow Race came out, there wasn't much more we could say at the time. Now, almost six months later, here's a comment Dan made in a recent interview, regarding expectations:
    With Bone, you've been at the forefront of episodic content. How has the release of multiple episodes of that game met and differed from your expectations?

Dan Connors: One [thing we anticipated] with episodic gaming -- but didn't really have any hard evidence to back it up -- was that every new release would drive interest in the franchise and give you a new launch of the previous version. So when we released Boneville, it kind of had a little bit of a life cycle, a three-month life-cycle where it was at top-of-mind and had a nice sales curve to it. It kind of died down after about three or four months.

When Cow Race came back, though, the Cow Race sales were at launch level and then the Boneville sales actually equaled the Cow Race sales as well, so we saw the rejuvenation of the previous episode. So the idea that every time you're launching an episode, it's bringing value to the franchise and increasing the franchise presence is great. You know, if you look at Harry Potter, the first book has sold the most because every time a new one comes out, the franchise gets lifted up. So it's nice because you can spread out your marketing effort over six different episodes and continue to always be raising the level of the franchise as a result, increasing sales on six products instead of one.

As Kevin said when the question was first asked, we're not going to give out sales numbers on the forum. If investors want that information, they can of course go to the source.
  • edited September 2006
    Hmmph! I can expect $1,000,000 but be "pleased" with only $500,000.

So you go kowtow to your wife and let someone else answer the question.

Phoney Bone? Is that you?
  • edited October 2006
    tabacco wrote: »
    It works really smoothly :)

I'd like to second that- BootCamp latest with XP SP2 ran both Boneville games perfectly- no problems at all....

Mind you, Bones 1 ran better natively, hint hint ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.