Telltale at GDC, PAX East, and SXSW

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Telltale will be at GDC, PAX East, and SXSW in the coming weeks! Come join us talking about story as gameplay, multi-genre writing, the future of interactive storytelling and more. Here’s your handy guide to what we've got going on!

Telltale Games at GDC 2015

When Story is the Gameplay: Multi-Genre Writing for Telltale Games
Tuesday, March 3 @ 4:30 PM
Room 3016, West Hall
Schedule link

When story is the gameplay, writing and design become one. As Telltale continues to develop content that pushes the boundaries of what has traditionally defined the adventure game genre, it also continues to explore its own interactive output for multi-genre storytelling. From sci-fi action-comedy, to apocalyptic drama, epic fantasy, neon-noir and beyond - story defines genre in Telltale's unique brand of episodic, narrative-driven, next-generation digital entertainment. In this panel, moderated by freelance writer, Tom Bissell, hear from Telltale's leading writers and designers on what it's like to create stories in an environment where the process of writing and design have increasingly become one.

Telltale Games at PAX East 2015

Storytime with Kevin Bruner and Dan Connors of Telltale Games
Friday, March 6 @ 10:30 AM
Main Theatre
Schedule link

We'll be opening PAX East with the FIRST EVER two-player Storytime Session! Start your PAX with Telltale Games co-founders Kevin Bruner and Dan Connors.

Tales from the Borderlands - Rhys and Fiona

Also look out for us at the Inside Gearbox Software panel in the Main Theatre on Sunday, March 8 at 10:30 AM! We'll be there with our Gearbox friends as well as very special guests Troy Baker and Laura Bailey (Rhys and Fiona in Tales from the Borderlands)!

Telltale Games at SXSW 2015

Telltale Games: Interactive Storytelling in 2015
Sunday, March 15 @ 3:15 PM
Palmer Events Center - Geek Stage
Schedule link

Minecraft: Story Mode, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands, The Wolf Among Us, and The Walking Dead! Over the past 10 years, Telltale Games has become an industry leader in story-driven gameplay and episodic gaming content. Join Telltale CEO and co-founder Kevin Bruner and a lineup of special panel guests to hear about some of our latest work! Additional details coming soon...

Comments

• Any streaming for us foreign people?

• ...or for that matter, any streaming at all? ;)

Any streaming for us foreign people?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's likely that PAX will stream on Twitch again but i don't know about any other streams.

Any streaming for us foreign people?

• I think if it's anything like last year, we might just have to wait for people to write about the SXSW panel. As for GDC, they sometimes offer streaming for certain events but not every event I think. I haven't bothered checking for PAX, but I think that PAX events generally depend on whether or not the person hosting the event records it or not.

OzzyUK posted: »

It's likely that PAX will stream on Twitch again but i don't know about any other streams.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

PAX events generally depend on whether or not the person hosting the event records it or not.

PAX normally stream stuff on their Twitch Channel as there are old streams from PAX Aus an other old PAX events, the Gearbox panel is in the "Main Theatre" so i guess it's one of the main events and will be streamed like the did during PAX South.

I think if it's anything like last year, we might just have to wait for people to write about the SXSW panel. As for GDC, they sometimes off

• Well they better stream it or I will cry like the other fellow foreigners :'P It's not fun to live far away from the fun.

OzzyUK posted: »

PAX events generally depend on whether or not the person hosting the event records it or not. PAX normally stream stuff on their Twi

This discussion has been closed.