Telltale Remainder

I saw the news about this new IP and thought it was a joke. It's not because I don't like Minecraft, or I think the idea of a Minecraft story is stupid. On the contrary - I would love to see how this experiment turns out. I am a huge fan of TTG ever since Sam&Max S1, have played almost all of their games and love both the classic point-and-click as well as the new story-driven style and I am really happy about the company's success. BUT I am really sadden that there is no development on older IPs. Games that have set the foundation like S&M and TMI, that even though not as popular as TWD or GoT, have their own big fanbase that would love to see more of them. It has been years since we last heard of S&M. And to have yet another new IP ... after Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, 2 WD seasons, The Wolf among us, Tales from the Borderlands, Got ... I think it is about time. After all this is it to much to ask of a single classic adventure game? I bet there are more people who would like to see SM Season 4 than Minecraft. Please remember the old fans :) I hope if more people show support, maybe we can make a point.

Comments

• This isn't the new IP, the new IP will be a "supershow" that they'll create along with Lionsgate, and they'll create a game based on that show

• SAM & MAX S4!!!

• Having been introduced to both Monkey Island and Sam and Max from Telltale's games, would I be in the minority to prefer a second Season of Monkey Island over a fourth Season of Sam and Max?

SAM & MAX S4!!!

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2015

I'd like a second season of Monkey Island too. Even if you did start with LucasArts, Monkey Island is only one game ahead of Sam & Max, so either's good for a sequel at this point. It's really doubtful though that we'll ever see a new Telltale Monkey Island game though, since Sony seems to have gone after all of the LucasArts adventure catalog and Telltale's not one to go for console exclusivity (even if it was timed).

Sam & Max is happily still possible for Telltale to make a new game for, and is the only franchise of classic era Telltale in which that is the case (outside of Telltale Texas Hold'em and The Inventory, which are Telltale's property outright, and possibly Puzzle Agent/Grickle depending on their agreement with Graham Annable).

But, if you strip it all down to an idea of which would be my dream sequel (without any regard to what is possible, and taking Wallace & Gromit out of the equation, since that would definitely be my dream sequel), then I too would take Monkey Island over Sam & Max since I'm really wondering what happened with The Voodoo Lady and Morgan LeFlay, whereas Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse ended on a pitch perfect note for the duo.

Having been introduced to both Monkey Island and Sam and Max from Telltale's games, would I be in the minority to prefer a second Season of Monkey Island over a fourth Season of Sam and Max?

• edited March 2015

You're dead to me

Having been introduced to both Monkey Island and Sam and Max from Telltale's games, would I be in the minority to prefer a second Season of Monkey Island over a fourth Season of Sam and Max?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.