Finished already, greatness (spoiler?) Dev read plz

edited October 2006 in Sam & Max
Long time gamer here, old Sam and Max fan, Full throttle, Fallout. you know, the good ones. Im liking what you guys have done with the game, so much I took the time to post. First off let me say thank you for the new Sam and Max.

Now please dont let the following be a B@itch fest, but I would like to address a gamers concerns here, great game, keep them comming please. I only seek constructive critizism here. I have the need while I was playing to feel like I was visiting more places, ie some distant land, different scenery. The fact that I seemed to be tied down to only a couple locations allowed me to solve the puzzles with ease knowing that the solution could only be involved in said number of locations. The flow of the game was great, your foreshadowing known. I moved through the game with ease, always knowing where to go. I enjoyed your tough puzzles, ie bowling bowl, the pyshic lady eval, cheese was easy once thought out in the supermarket. Max commenting on everthing Sam said got a little tedious, as I wanted to get on with the game, but I actually started looking forward to what comment he had to say. From watching the animated series though, I kinda miss the "far-out-ness" that the animated series provided, that the game lacked. All in all I am done knitpicking your work.

Plz keep them comming. I enjoyed ep 1 and will follow the rest of the series. Ball of Twine extreme, throw that in there somewhere, Thank you again.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Thanks for the feedback. The first game does stay pretty close to home, but you'll see more varied (and strange) locations as the season goes on...
  • edited October 2006
    I've finished it twice now :)

Pretty dang good for a game, the best Telltale has put out so far. I didn't think it was as hard as The Great Cow Race, and even that was easy for my tastes, but the humor was amazing.

As for Max's comments, I think they're what makes the game so great. I clicked on EVERYthing just to hear what he had to say.

The best thing, I'd have to say, is the puzzle that changes each time you play. It's also the best puzzle in the game. You know which one I'm talking about.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    The best thing, I'd have to say, is the puzzle that changes each time you play. It's also the best puzzle in the game. You know which one I'm talking about.

There are actually three (that I know of) that are randomized like that. I didn't realize it at first because I kept getting the same options.

I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the reviews yet. Makes me wonder if any of the reviewers played the game twice! :))
  • edited October 2006
    If this is the puzzle I think you are talking about.. I think that puzzle was one of the best I've ever played in an adventure game.. Soo well done.
  • edited October 2006
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Great, now I have an excuse to replay the game tomorrow.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.