Does anybody else feel you dont actually have that much choice in Game of thrones???

2»

Comments

• I think people see Season One as having one ending judging by the Clementine scene at the very end. As for TWDS2 you could say it technically has 7 endings.

JakeSt123 posted: »

I believe in the walking dead, there where 32 different endings built into the end of the game ? Season 1 has 2 endings (or 1 depending on how you perceive it) and Season 2 has 5. Not sure where 32 came from XD

• edited July 2015

No, don't be a fool. In the opening it tells you your choices will matter. This is utter manipulation. It is the video game version of a found footage movie pretending to be real, except worse, because it's a game capable of delivering. Instead of delivering one good game with choice, they deliver 6 (presumed, if trends mean anything) glitchy as all hell lies. We know based on the multiple stories that they could get it right. And you know, it's only gotten worse. At least in Walking Dead when you chose between the character death, the other stayed around for two episodes, creating different iterations. You have absolutely no choice in Game of Thrones. No matter what you do, it is always the same. Hell, I don't even want complete persuasion of the story, just don't mislead me. Don't pretend like I have choice, then pretend to give me a choice that doesn't matter. For instance, why can't you just flat out turn down Tyrion? For the Merchant story? Have another then. Only one other option, that's all. You don't get married as Rodrick? Means nothing. The only freedom you have is to play your character(s) passively, aggressively, or like an idiot, and in a game where all it has going for it is the story and your choices in it, that is pathetic.

Well put.

• edited July 2015

No, don't be a fool. In the opening it tells you your choices will matter. This is utter manipulation. It is the video game version of a found footage movie pretending to be real, except worse, because it's a game capable of delivering. Instead of delivering one good game with choice, they deliver 6 (presumed, if trends mean anything) glitchy as all hell lies. We know based on the multiple stories that they could get it right. And you know, it's only gotten worse. At least in Walking Dead when you chose between the character death, the other stayed around for two episodes, creating different iterations. You have absolutely no choice in Game of Thrones. No matter what you do, it is always the same. Hell, I don't even want complete persuasion of the story, just don't mislead me. Don't pretend like I have choice, then pretend to give me a choice that doesn't matter. For instance, why can't you just flat out turn down Tyrion? For the Merchant story? Have another then. Only one other option, that's all. You don't get married as Rodrick? Means nothing. The only freedom you have is to play your character(s) passively, aggressively, or like an idiot, and in a game where all it has going for it is the story and your choices in it, that is pathetic.

This is Telltale we are talking about. Not Bioware. There is no real consequences to choice. You might be new to Telltale games (not to be c

• I don't think you know what a troll is, so please, leave.

• I have a problem with it because the only way it "adapts" to your choices, is by forcing you to "play" it the way it wants you to.

Sorry everyone i meant "adapts to your playthrough", i dont know, i always thought that meant every single choice you make, made the biggest

• edited July 2015

Humm... TWD had diferent interactions when you save a character? Carley and Doug were the same character, Nick was a ghost, Pete had 5 mins of screentime in episode 2, Sarita has 1 min/2 mins of screentime in episode 4, if u let Lilly in she leves u 3 mins later... At least Finn is not going being treated like that in got ;D

dwestgate88 posted: »

No, don't be a fool. In the opening it tells you your choices will matter. This is utter manipulation. It is the video game version of a

• Your choice still made some difference. It wasn't good, but this is a step backwards, and the outright lies and buggy game is what pisses me off. There's no reason to dick your customers around like that. If there is nothing you can do, just make a movie.

Humm... TWD had diferent interactions when you save a character? Carley and Doug were the same character, Nick was a ghost, Pete had 5 mins

1. No your choice made no difference AT ALL in TWD.

2. I can't see why this is a "step backwards", since as I already tell you, Finn is being an exelent determinant character (I felt like he belonged there), and Eric has some good cameos if you make him join the Nights Watch.

3. No this wouldn't work out as a movie: no cliffhangers, the feeling of being interacting with the other characters, THE CHOICES that makes u think A LOT, ...

I dont realy know why people complain about the litle glitches. Just ignore them.

(Writing on my cellphone, sry if i had some mistake ): )

Your choice still made some difference. It wasn't good, but this is a step backwards, and the outright lies and buggy game is what pisses m

• Welcome to the forums. If you encounter an older thread that is inactive and the topic of discussion doesn't have any relevant updates to promote new discussion, it's generally preferred you make a new thread to discuss that subject instead of bringing back an old one - unless, in some cases, if the thread is about something really specific that people only talk about in that one thread and not elsewhere.

However, people debating the impact of choices isn't a niche topic so in this case, please respond to a more recent thread or make a new thread to discuss your opinions and criticisms. Thanks.

No, don't be a fool. In the opening it tells you your choices will matter. This is utter manipulation. It is the video game version of a

This discussion has been closed.