Maybe MI2 is not the next remake...

What's the secret of Monkey Island? Just ignore the rest of my post... :p

Maybe they will make other shorter remakes as Maniac Mansion or Loom while working on MI2?

Really, I would like them to remake each one of the 2d point'n click games.

Anyone else would like a Zak remake?

I'm thinking they will take their time for a MI2 LR remake because:

- it has the amazing ¡Muse system
- the brilliant hand-painted art. I hope they still have it so they can scan it in high res
- they need to give Guybrush time to grow his hair after what they've done to him in MI:SE! And also his beard.

And one of the games that I would want more to see in an updated form is Day of the Tentacle. At least they already have the voices for that.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    this thread is way better than the other thirteen.
  • edited June 2009
    I preferred the the first two threads, after that it all seemed to go wrong....

Maybe this thread will be more like those :p

(on a completely related note, I wish people would search and stop clogging up my internets)
  • edited June 2009
    tomo_cjt wrote: »
    I preferred the the first two threads, after that it all seemed to go wrong....

Maybe this thread will be more like those :p

(on a completely related note, I wish people would search and stop clogging up my internets)

because the internet is not a dumptruck, it is a series of tubes
  • edited June 2009
    because the internet is not a dumptruck, it is a series of tubes

You just won 5 internets. Use them wisely.
  • edited June 2009
    Well, my thread is the best simply because it's the newest :-P

No, really sorry, I didn't find (search actually) a similar thread.

So, instead I will make this thread about... what's the secret of Monkey Island?
  • edited June 2009
    d'oh!
  • edited June 2009
    The old games simply don't need the facelift tbh. I'd love to see a resurrection of the Loom franchise though, simply to see a conclusion to the story... but beyond that, the games are fine as is. Leave well alone.
  • edited June 2009
    The old games simply don't need the facelift tbh. I'd love to see a resurrection of the Loom franchise though, simply to see a conclusion to the story... but beyond that, the games are fine as is. Leave well alone.

Personally, I think all of the older games that don't have voice-overs could be remade simply to add them in. Games like LOOM and The Dig that already have voice overs and pretty good graphics should be left alone. But yes, LOOM needs to be concluded.
  • edited June 2009
    I think that it harms no one to remake them!
    It can be a great step on recovering Graphics Adventure games! and show new players the great golden years of these games!
    So, for me, lets hope they still make these remakes!!!
  • edited June 2009
    Mmm, really off-topic:

Doesn't plrichard's Guybrush avatar looks a bit like Melrond's Naruto? :-P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.