Why does Elaine have a fat, bloated fugly elf head???!!!

look at her head!!! it's fugly as!

we're not playing zelda here :eek: compare it to the in-game artwork of her from monkey island 1, or better yet - EVERY OTHER monkey island game.

what the hell happened?? :mad:

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I think she looks fine. Her cheekbones are a bit sharp, but other than that, not bad.
  • edited June 2009
    well it seems they uglify her with each new game. (not really, just this one mainly)

look at how she started in #1

then do a side by side comparison between the first game and this one.

atrocious :(
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009
    It's the end of the world oh god no we're all gonna die eeekkkk!!!!
  • edited June 2009
    you forgot the closing tag for the <sarcasm>
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009
    Hadakajime wrote: »
    you forgot the closing tag for the <sarcasm>

Oh no I totally meant it.

:rolleyes:
  • edited June 2009
    Actually I am rather attracted to this Elaine , as far as a video game character goes. I'd say that she is Tell Tale game's most attractive woman yet ! Hm, girlish face line, fenimine lips , puppy girl eyes , also youthful with a hint of maturity . Not to forget , a red head with hair full of vibarance and character . Given the style of the game, I think that I am in love with her design .
  • edited June 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    Actually I am rather attracted to this Elaine , as far as a video game character goes. I'd say that she is Tell Tale game's most attractive woman yet ! Hm, girlish face line, fenimine lips , puppy girl eyes , also youthful with a hint of maturity . Not to forget , a red head with hair full of vibarance and character . Given the style of the game, I think that I am in love with her design .

Same goes for me actualy. She looks like an absolute peach. And given her character of being snarky yet loveable/loving, I'm inclined to say that this is the best Elaine yet.
  • edited June 2009
    ^ same here, Arf! Arf! *pant* *pant*
  • edited June 2009
    The good news is that she isn't as horrible as MI3 but Monkey I and II were still the best Elaine
  • edited June 2009
    yes most definitely!!!

i agree with with alucard and the OP that 1 and 2 are the best. so why detract from it? :(
  • edited June 2009
    My only problem is that she looks so... young. Like ten-years-old young. Am I the only one who thinks that?
  • edited June 2009
    yes most definitely!!!

i agree with with alucard and the OP that 1 and 2 are the best. so why detract from it? :(

You are the OP :rolleyes:.
  • edited June 2009
    I think she looks just fine, except for some reason her face keeps reminding me of someone I can't quite put my finger on...
  • edited June 2009
    Jexxer wrote: »
    I think she looks just fine, except for some reason her face keeps reminding me of someone I can't quite put my finger on...

To me, Miley Cyrus.
  • edited June 2009
    To me, Miley Cyrus.
    That probably explains why people hate her.
  • edited June 2009
    To me, Miley Cyrus.
    Nah... Miley Cyrus' nose looks beaten up and chewed on and she got a rabbit-looking mouth too, but Elaines nose and mouth looks perfectly fine. :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2009
    Alucard wrote: »
    The good news is that she isn't as horrible as MI3 but Monkey I and II were still the best Elaine

Do, Huh? She looks like MI4 careful guys were talking about a married woman. Seems the thread had turned into either teenagers or maby just grown men like to talk about how A maried heroine looks like a 15 year old girl creepy.:eek:
  • edited June 2009
    yes most definitely!!!

LOL good to know that you agree with your own post. I was actually trying to say that it wasn't that bad. Sure it isn't MI1 and MI2 but I'm well over my initial negative reaction to the game.
  • edited June 2009
    Jexxer wrote: »

Amy Adams? 'cause that's who came into my mind when I first saw her.
  • edited June 2009
    She does look a bit strange in the titlebar at the top of this page, but so does Guybrush. However she looks perfectly fine here.
    elainepose.png
  • edited June 2009
    She does look a bit strange in the titlebar at the top of this page, but so does Guybrush. However she looks perfectly fine here.
    elainepose.png

Her model looks like it's been touched up quite a lot and improved here. But it's also a testament to what proper lighting can do. :) I'll admit one of the things I didn't like at first about TOMI was Elaine, as usual. But now she looks like she might actually be tolerable. But then again, I never liked her.
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009
    I find it strange how you all seem attracted to a 3D image.
  • edited June 2009
    She looks fine.
  • edited June 2009
    No 3d-animated Elaine will ever beat the original from mi1, she looks so beatiful

elainemarl.jpg

but i like the new elaine, she looks kinda sweeeet. and imho a LOT better than her predecessors from mi3+4.

btw. here's the elaine from mi:se

edit: is it just me or are why do all hair styles from mi:se look so freaking weird!!?

elainecloseupse.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    look at her head!!! it's fugly as!

we're not playing zelda here :eek: compare it to the in-game artwork of her from monkey island 1, or better yet - EVERY OTHER monkey island game.

what the hell happened?? :mad:
    Her head's fine, it's the rest of her body that's poorly proportioned. STFU.
    Cyphox wrote: »
    edit: is it just me or are why do all hair styles from mi:se look so freaking weird!!?

You're right, it's like her hair has been deliberately styled into a baseball cap.
  • edited June 2009
    For some reason it seems that more popular the gameseries is the stronger opinion people have how main characters should look like. We have already seen how people complained about Guybrush and LeChuck, so it was no surprise that now they complain about Elaine. Whose next, the Voodoo Lady?
  • edited June 2009
    Marduk wrote: »
    STFU.

Play nice, junior.
  • edited June 2009
    Marduk wrote: »
    You're right, it's like her hair has been deliberately styled into a baseball cap.

LOL I didn't notice that before

I should say I'm not necessarily a Brewers fan but I am from WI so.........

30633334.png
  • edited June 2009
    elainepose.png

wow that looks hella betta than in the bannarr

elainemarl.jpg

hotness lol. here she looks kind and caring but strong woman....
    elainecloseupse.jpg

here she looks like an angry latina wanting to know who her husband has been cha cha-ing with.... interesting - blue vs green eyes and curious smile vs discerning frown

PS - in case you were not wondering, i HAVE pre-ordered the game and i intend to like it
Sign in to comment in this discussion.