Rhys X Fiona Confirmed Season Finale "The Vault of The Traveler" Spoilers!!

Comments

• I saw it on Steam, and two of my friends wanted to get me into Borderlands, so I was like... aw, wth. Annnnnd thus, my obsession was born.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Yeah, I wasn't excited for tftb but then I thought "ehh why not" and well, here I am!

• I just finished episode four and I fucking cried three times. I don't know what to do because I messed up so bad by staying silent in the final choice. Help me regain my mind before I go insane. ;-;

• edited August 2015

enter image description here

I... I can't imagine losing you guys that way. Just... losing everything we've done. I know it's fictional, but this... this is a family. I came out of my shell because of you guys, because you were such nice, welcoming people. We've put too much effort into it to have something like that happen. I think I'd probably die inside, at least for a certain period of time.

Eryka posted: »

I didn't tell anyone but last night I had a bad Rhyiona nightmare. We (Rhyiona shippers) we're on a little wood ship and we we're posting s

• No matter what you do, you mess up, trust me. ;-;

I just finished episode four and I fucking cried three times. I don't know what to do because I messed up so bad by staying silent in the final choice. Help me regain my mind before I go insane. ;-;

• what happened when you stayed silent?

I just finished episode four and I fucking cried three times. I don't know what to do because I messed up so bad by staying silent in the final choice. Help me regain my mind before I go insane. ;-;

• Thats alot to rewrite, that would be like 15 mins down the drain

Reliqum posted: »

and some people already know Telltale can always rewrite y know

• Am I the only one who gets sad when I see those popularity strawpolls and I see how many people like this ship but probably haven't joined us and are in the dark when they could be having fun with us? ;-;

• enter image description here

Am I the only one who gets sad when I see those popularity strawpolls and I see how many people like this ship but probably haven't joined us and are in the dark when they could be having fun with us? ;-;

• exaCTLY

We see you, lurkers, join the fun!

• Jack seems disappointed at first, saying, 'I'm gonna take that as a "no".' before going crazy and using Rhys' robot arm to control him and speak to Fiona for him. I don't know what happens if you flat-out say no, but I just watched a YouTube clip of accepting the offer. I feel like I messed up with everything. ;(

what happened when you stayed silent?

• edited August 2015

Please tell me that you told Fiona and Sasha about Jack? :(

No matter what you do, you mess up, trust me. ;-;

• i rejected his offer cause... y'know.. jack is a maniac...

but, like wolf said, you fuck up no matter what choice you pick :\

Jack seems disappointed at first, saying, 'I'm gonna take that as a "no".' before going crazy and using Rhys' robot arm to control him and s

• I didn't at first but I replayed it. They were really angry... but I did refuse Jack's offer later so hopefully they understand...

Please tell me that you told Fiona and Sasha about Jack?

• edited August 2015

Yeah, I don't think I would have accepted, just because of how I think Fiona would react to it.

This episode just took a crap in my mind (though I loved it) and caused me to choose the worst choices ever. :/

i rejected his offer cause... y'know.. jack is a maniac... but, like wolf said, you fuck up no matter what choice you pick

• They were definitely pissed. I've told myself that I won't replay this episode, but I know I will end up properly rejecting Jack and refusing to admit that he's in Rhys's mind..

I didn't at first but I replayed it. They were really angry... but I did refuse Jack's offer later so hopefully they understand...

• I honestly think it'll be worse if you don't tell them. Just imagine if he tries to explain last minute that he was trying to refuse to hurt anyone but hey, suddenly Jack is in his head and is forcing him. I don't think they'll take that well. :/

They were definitely pissed. I've told myself that I won't replay this episode, but I know I will end up properly rejecting Jack and refusing to admit that he's in Rhys's mind..

• here's an encouraging message for all you lurkers out there....

• Exactly! We know you're there. Look how happy this thread makes us. You could be a part of this. :P

here's an encouraging message for all you lurkers out there....

• There are plenty of reasons they might not join you. Not a lot of people like the image spamming that goes on here. Hell, even the mods don't moderate this thread very often as suggested by Ozzy's comment, which means they are deterred by something.

Am I the only one who gets sad when I see those popularity strawpolls and I see how many people like this ship but probably haven't joined us and are in the dark when they could be having fun with us? ;-;

• Well it's past midnight here and I finished episode 4 and I gotta say....holy shit , that ending.

I chose to rule Hyperion and I thought I fucked up , but it turned out to be an awesome ending , atleast better than refusing , if I can't get Fiona , I'll sure as hell get Hyperion.

As about Rhyiona , I gotta say I expected something from Telltale , but of course we got nothing , atleast we didn't get a lot of Rhysha.

And poor Scooter , I really liked him , although his death didn't make me cry or something , I still felt sad inside , and I kissed him , thank god it was on the cheek or I would've burned my PC if they did kiss.

Though one thing I have to say I'm glad Scooter got a kiss from a girl before he died , he looked really happy about it , good thing being romantic like two love birds was pretty much optional , but holy hell Fiona was sad as fuck when he died , I guess she really liked him (I hope not romantical interest cuz Hiroshima bomb all over again if she did)

Now Fiona clearly said that Scooter was the first casualty in the mission , clearly more to die in the last episode , but atleast Fiona and Rhys survived , that's the good thing.

I thought that this will be the last episode taking place in the past , but I was wrong , I mean we don't know what'll happen , maybe ep.5 will take place in the present for like the rest half an hour of the episode.

There's a hell of a lot more I want to discuss about with you guys , including some hidden Rhyiona moments that I've seen throught the episode and theories and such , but in the upcoming days.

Also I've pretty much lost hope for Rhyiona , the ONLY thing that keeps me hoping for something is them being together in the present , maybe they'll discuss about their relationship or some stuff and get something out of them , like seriously they hate eachother yet they care for eachother , that's perfect for Telltale to do something about them.

But as I said other than that I've lost hope , I'm sorry , I've waited for something since November and I'm getting really tired of waiting like an idiot and not getting an answer , I'll just have to deal with this : They ship Rhysha , they want Rhysha and not Rhyiona , they probably never wanted Rhyiona , they probably always planned Rhysha.

Let's be real here , this is probably true , if they didn't do anything about Rhys and Fiona after 4 episodes then it's pretty freaking clear what they want , and it's not Rhyiona.

Maybe it's just the tiredness talking from me and I need to get a good hard slap to shake my thoughts , but come on , just look at it.

And please don't go all even if it's not cannon it will always be cannon in our hearts and will live on throughout this thread and fanfics , fanarts etc , etc. I know it will alright , it will be cannon in my heart too.

TL;DR Cool episode , poor Scooter , still a Rhyiona shipper but I've lost all my hopes , I'll discuss more things about this episode another time.

btw the episode got me really excited , so I won't be able to sleep all night , I'll be here.

• well it's still canon in our... reads your comment completely

well shit

Brawl posted: »

Well it's past midnight here and I finished episode 4 and I gotta say....holy shit , that ending. I chose to rule Hyperion and I thought

• I was in my grandparent car and I see this!

• How much time in the past are the pre-stranger events? I am currently trying to establish what will happen at the start of episode 5 but I am having troubles doing it without the time.

• Coca-cola and monster? That's all I see.

Eryka posted: »

I was in my grandparent car and I see this!

• To be honest, there is not much in this episode to tell us that Rhyiona is impossible at this point. Yeah, it's getting a bit late with the episodes now, and Rhys and Fiona have a rocky relationship in the future. But there is nothing stopping them from having a relationship before (whatever that makes them angry about each other). Also they could finally get together after they manage to talk out their issues. Bah, I might just be getting desperate. ;p

Well it's past midnight here and I finished episode 4 and I gotta say....holy shit , that ending. I chose to rule Hyperion and I thought

• You shouldn't lose hope for reasons. ;P

• cut audio mentioned that a year has passed since rhys and fiona met

How much time in the past are the pre-stranger events? I am currently trying to establish what will happen at the start of episode 5 but I am having troubles doing it without the time.

• I think she's making a reference to the Coca Cola apocalypse we had once in here.

Coca-cola and monster? That's all I see.

• It's more like Coke but yeah we also see monster...

Coca-cola and monster? That's all I see.

• A year? Bloody fabulous, it fits perfectly with my theory.

cut audio mentioned that a year has passed since rhys and fiona met

• it fits perfectly with my theory.

which is...?

A year? Bloody fabulous, it fits perfectly with my theory.

• edited August 2015

The theory contains episode 5 material which can't be discussed on the forum. But I will attempt to explain some of it in a moment.

it fits perfectly with my theory. which is...?

• do u have a steam account?

The theory contains episode 5 material which can't be discussed on the forum. But I will attempt to explain some of it in a moment.

• edited August 2015

Reviewing some stuff there is a problem with my explenation of how the Gortys' pieces got scattered over Pandora.

I was going with when Jack was being removed from Helios(which is somewhat confirmed by the fact that the helios middle ring thing is no longer yellow in the time with the stranger) gortys was ejected from helios and his pieces were scattered across pandora. This can't happen because it's unlikely that the energy chassis would still be in the same spot when it crashed considering in a year the pieces can be moved by skags/bandits or whatever. I will need to rethink some parts of it.

Also during the year Fiona would have been doing vault hunting training and Rhys would have been doing something related to spoilers.

• enter image description here
    Shouldn't this be the other way around?

• Definitely the other way around. Fiona's the more capable one. :P

Rixel posted: »

Shouldn't this be the other way around?

• Well, this would explain at least why Rhys asks her

"Aren't you kinda Vault Hunting now?"

That's interesting.

I just hope Gortys will be fine in the end. i love her too much.

Reviewing some stuff there is a problem with my explenation of how the Gortys' pieces got scattered over Pandora. I was going with when J

• Yes, http://steamcommunity.com/id/zyiks

Feel free to ask me questions about my current discoveries but I will not be responding to any questions relating to ships. The current ship communities are too unpredictable in my opinion.

do u have a steam account?

• edited August 2015

I apologize for my lack of activity on this thread. I'm not a person who can easily keep up with day-to-day occurrences on certain social media websites, this one especially since this thread's activity has skyrocketed exponentially over the past few months. Please forgive me for that especially. However, I do say that I haven't any plans of attempting to stay active. School has recently started up, and my activity on other social media sites such as FFN (fanfiction), Steam, and, I know the disgust on your face when you read this next one, tumblr have become limited.

I've also been working on two other shipping stories, not Rhys/Fiona, on my FFN account, so my summer has been spent generally updating them. Hey, I even got one finished, so I'm extremely proud about that. Fun writing them, blah, blah, blah. Anyways, onto why most of you are probably wanting to read this.

I wrote this story awhile ago. I can't remember when, but I know it's been months. This was written with a suggestion from a friend and I somewhat blew it out of proportion when I finished it. Eight pages. Eight. That's... that's a lot. Anyways, here it is. I hope you enjoy reading it and thank you. Stay friendly, friends.

Apocalypse A.U.

Rhys

Walking… walking… walking… walking…

That was all Rhys had done in the past two days. Not having the energy to jog, or sprint, but at the same time not having the exhaustion to stop and rest. The pads of his feet were numb and honestly he wouldn’t be surprised if they had begun to bleed. The soles of his boots were torn, the graveled road giving no mercy to the previously sturdy rubber. Mud, blood, and patches of a light blue, glossy thick liquid covered the cuffs of his black pants; stains having been there for days since leaving the Helios bunker. His belt barely held together, gun holster even less with the revolver still inside, hammer cocked and ready to be fired. The seams of his black jacket had started to rip apart at his shoulders and armpits, allowing his dirty white undershirt to be seen. A large slash went across his back, right shoulder blade to his left hip, white and yellow ‘H’ split perfectly in half.

All in all?

Definitely not worth leaving the safety of the bunker.

“’Go outside! You’ll be fine!’ Yvette said. ‘Find some supplies!’ She told us. ‘Oh, here have a gun! You won’t use it, but keep it anyways!’ She said,” Rhys grumbled underneath his breath, kicking up gravel as he did so.

Anger spilling over, he stopped for a moment and swung his leg back. Gritting his teeth harshly together, he swung forward and kicked a wave of gravel forward, repeating the action multiple times until a large hole had been dug.

Sighing, he pulled out his transmitter. “Yvette?” he asked. “Vaughn?”

All that came from the lines was static, seeming to tease and even humiliate him. Anger growing again, he swung his arm back, preparing to throw the device into the distance, but stopped. Groaning, he placed it back into his pocket and resumed his unswerving walk forward.

Buildings passed, windows blown out and cracks appeared all along the frame of the structures. Trees were blown down, limbs and bark replaced with ash, leaving only the blackened trunk and uplifted roots behind. The sky was a dark gray, leaving him to speculate that rain would come soon; not that it mattered as it would never wash away the destruction that had been left behind. Black, scorched soil stood around him, grass and other plant life long gone from the inferno that had once endlessly burned. A living, walkable, breathable Hell. And this was all that was left.

Unworried by the common sight of the wasteland, what instead brought him on edge were the markings that he frequently passed by. Not scorch markings from the fires or the insignias of the manufacturing suppliers that had sold their way to wealth before the world, and subsequently the people, went. But the jagged claw marks, melted metal structures, and handmade fissures in the ground were what scared him the most. Stories were common in the Helios Bunker, whether they be for the purpose of entertainment or for remembering the time before the first bomb dropped.

Stories such as those were often referred to as myths; particularly the ones that involved what transpired outside the walls of the bunker. Now, seeing it with his own eyes, clear as day, Rhys knew that they were all true.

Passing another metal structure, possibly a jungle gym by the looks of it, which had been partially melted away by a bright green dripping goo, he paused. It was fresh, possibly a few hours old at most. Unease crossed his mind and he felt his throat constrict as worriment and fear mix with it.

“Vaughn, the hell are you?” Whispering to himself would get him nowhere, that was certain.

He inhaled deeply and strolled warily past the jungle gym and along the gravel road that soon began to trail parallel along a forest of dead trees, still standing, but in no way had the same enormous intensity as they used to.

A cool wind blew through his locks, suffocating him with the smell of ash and smoke. This was so much worse than the private smoke room at the Helios bunker; reserved for those who could not overcome their addiction. Covering his mouth with his sleeve, he hacked and gagged harshly, almost throwing up any of the canned food that had been eaten the night before. Gritting his teeth and swallowing to hold down the bile that threatened to spill, he felt his eyes begin to water and his nose burning.

“So much for having the fires die out months ago,” Rhys wheezed.

Keeping his mouth covered, he walked forward, determined to not be deterred by the choking wind blowing in his face. Only when we walked forward a few steps did he hear it. The sound of the hammer of a revolver being cocked back, allowing the user to pull the trigger if needed, or wanted. Spinning around, he saw it; well, what could assumed to be an it as his eyes still stung and tears clouded his vision. But, he knew it was armed, dangerous, and could kill him at whim.

“Hands up!” It said, voice feminine and unwavering.

Her shoulders hunched over, elbows bent, tri-barreled revolver clasped together in both hands. Rhys could barely see her light green eyes under the dirt-smudged white hat she wore, but the gaze of ferocity, anger, and even hints of desperation that she bore almost made him lift his arms right then and there. Before he could do so, she beat him to it.

“I said: ‘Hands up!’” She demanded, leveling the barrels to his head.

Feeling the ever-growing familiar weight of the revolver that he had holstered into his belt almost tempted him to pick it up and shoot the woman. The hammer was cocked back, ready to be fired. The magazine was full; Rhys not having found a need or situation to shoot the only six bullets that he carried with him. It was nearly too tempting.
    But the compelling feeling to save the bullets, save his own life if he missed his shot, and to not kill the woman halted his plan.

Lifting his arms above his head, the unwelcoming stench of smoke and ash filled his lungs, making him cough. The wind had stopped blowing, but the scent had been left behind, covering him like an invisible blanket. The woman stood her ground, waiting for something. Probably for him to sprint off or for him to pull his own weapon on her. Only when his coughing subsided did she approach him, slowly, gun never leaving some vital part of his body.

Rhys closed his eyes, waiting for the inevitable pull of the trigger and the bullet to enter his head. He had heard about people being executed in broad daylight, their bodies left out on the roads for the detritus to break down their corpses.

Shit, he had even seen the bodies with his own eyes, and certainly smelled them from over a mile away.

Rhys expected he would be one of those soon. A dead body left to rot and decompose on the side of the road; a bullet through his head to end his life. Never being able to find Vaughn again, even if he was still alive at this point. Never returning to the Helios bunker to catch up with Yvette, meagerly collected supplies in hand and freshly adorned scars and wounds to show for his travels. Tales to tell. Stories to spread. Rumors to denounce and confirm.

He’d never experience any of that now.

He waited. And waited. And waited. And waited.

It never happened. The trigger was never pulled and the bullet was never shot through his skull; his life seemed to have been spared.

Opening his eyes slowly, uncertainly, he noticed the woman stood only 3 feet away from him, arms hanging from her sides, revolver stashed away somewhere he could not see. She observed him curiously, eyes scanning his tall, scrawny figure up and down, side to side. Finally, she met his eyes; chestnut brown and dark blue.

“Turn around,” she ordered.

Not testing her, he did so. Hands still upwards to the sky, he slowly turned around, his back to her.

“Don’t I at least get a name?” Finally, Rhys spoke up.

“Why?” He felt her hand clutch at the material of his jacket.

“So I know who killed me?”

“I’m not gonna kill you if you obey,” she told him. “But… I’m Fiona.” Fiona let go of his jacket. “And you’re Hyperion.”

Turning around quickly, Rhys stared at her in shock. “H-how do you know?”

“The ‘H’ on the back of your jacket is the symbol of Hyperion.” She shrugged. “Well… was.”

Rhys watched her in shock for a few quiet moments, contemplating his next move. If she knew who Hyperion was then she was clearly know who the other manufacturers were; the ones who made the guns, the ones who produced the food, the ones who started this whole mess.

“How do you know this?” Rhys asked, finally gathering his hyperactive, jumbled thoughts together.

Her eyebrows furrowed in thought, mouth pressing into a straight line, eyes darkening. “When you live out here.” She motioned to the ruined landscape to the left of her. “You learn who makes what and what they make does.”

“You live out here? Have you always lived out here before…” Fiona nodded. “Then, you’re a bandit!” Rhys concluded, snapping his fingers as he did so.

Fiona pointed a finger threateningly in his face. “Don’t call me that!” She yelled. “I’m just as much as a survivor as you are, Hyperion!”

Taken aback by the insulting nickname, he gritted his teeth and pushed his hand away. “I don’t know,bandit! How do I know I can trust you?!”

“Corporation scum!”

“Lowlife crook!”

They glared at one another, eyes burning into each other. Faces red from anger and annoyance.

A twig snapped.

Fiona turned away from him, staring into the desolated woods behind them. She turned back towards him and walked past him, never turning around to look at him again. Unease surfaced as he watched her walk away, steps quick and with purpose. Glancing back to the woods and back to her a few times, he sighed and run after her.

“Stop. Following. Me,” Fiona growled, annoyance clear in her tone.

The heavy raindrops pelted the both of them. Rhys had pulled his jacket over his head while Fiona lowered her hat over her eyes, shielding them from the falling rain. They jogged past houses... or what could be assumed to be houses as they were barely the size of shacks: burnt, soaked, and molded from the elements of the weather and scavengers.

“What was that back there?” Rhys asked, jogging up beside her. “Why did you run away?”

She glared menacingly at him. “Because I don’t like your company?”

Rhys rolled his eyes and continued to jog to keep in pace with her.

“C’mon. You ran outta there. Was there something tracking you? Me? Us?” Rhys continued to ask, never pausing to let her answer.

Finally, annoyance at him spilling over, she stopped and faced him.

“How long have you been out here?” she asked.

“Uh… four days?”

“Four. Days?” Fiona repeated. Grabbing his shoulders to pull him closer, her eyes widened. “Only four days?”

Rhys, taken aback by her sudden action, paused. “Uh… yeah? I’ve only been outside the Helios bunker for four days.” Fiona let go out his shoulders, arms hanging by her sides. “Why?”

“Have you seen any of the creatures that live out here?” She whispered. “Any of them at all?”

Rhys shook his head. In his four day travel, all that had happened was losing Vaughn when a gang of bandits tried to kill them. They had gotten away, but had been separated. However, never in his time outside had seen any of the creatures that had been morphed and disfigured by the radioactivity that dotted the land in pockets.

“You don’t know what’s out here,” she said, mostly to herself.

“There’s bandits, scavengers, hunters, trappe-” Rhys started to list off before a hand covered his mouth.

“You don’t know what the real monsters are,” Fiona clarified. “The ones that will kill you without a second thought.” She took her hand away from his mouth. “The ones that hunt with disregard for their prey. The ones that will rip your body apart and leave you in the road just to mark their territory.”

“Y-You mean those b-b-bodies? On the sides of the road?” Rhys asked, eyes widening with realization and chills going down his spine.

Fiona nodded. Rhys took a step back, hand covering his mouth. He was in the territory of those… those things the whole time. Hell, he had walked beside their territory place marks!

Gravel ground behind them, the sounds of the rainwater flowing between the cracks evident. Fiona, not bothering to turn around, grasped the cuff of his sleeve and pulled him into the nearest shack, rainwater pouring through the roof and the smell of rotten, saturated wood filled his nostrils.

Pushing him against a wall and pinning him there, to his surprise, she covered his and her mouth with her hands, head turned to the side as she stared out in between the cracks that covered the wall.

The sound of footsteps on gravel grew louder with each step, whoever or whatever it was getting slowly closer. A chill went up Rhys’s spine as he saw dark gray flesh, glistening from the rain, appear in his vision. Long, black spikes protruded from the creatures back, tips covered in a bright, fluorescent green liquid, dripping with each step.
    He couldn’t see the creatures face. He didn’t want to see its face.

He didn’t want to know what horrible features the creature sported on its face. He didn’t want to recognize it as the last thing he could possibly ever see.

His breathing grew harsher and louder as the creature neared, more facial features showed. Scarred skin, red, puffy eyelids that were swollen shut, a mouth that hung open, the same liquid - acid - dripping down, melting the gravel and dirt beneath it. Fiona pushed her hand against his mouth harder, clearly motioning him to be quieter. Arms shaking, he wrapped his arms around her back and held tightly onto her sweatshirt, clearly shocking her as she stiffened.

The creature, just a few feet away from the shack, stopped. Rhys couldn’t tell if it had a nose or ears, but deep down he knew that it didn’t matter. Then, very slowly, it opened one of its eyelids, revealing the black, glossy eye underneath. Panicking, Rhys grasped onto Fiona tighter, whole body shaking with fear.

The creature stood still for what felt like hours. Assessing whether its prey, them, were in the shack or not. Rain fell over its skin like a waterfall, puddling beneath it. Acid, that had been dripping from its jaw, had created a hole beneath it.

Finally deciding, the creature turned away and left. Stumbling down the road until the sound of crunching gravel was replaced by the now heavily falling rain. They looked at each other, Fiona wearing a calm expression on her face whereas Rhys wore a surprised, panicked one. Noticing their close proximity, they jumped away from one another.

“What was that?” Rhys asked, breaking the silence.

“That?” Fiona pointed towards the door. “That was one of those creatures I was talking about.”

“Oh my god. It’s worse than the stories,” Rhys gasped, mouth agape.

Fiona took his sleeve again and led him outside, walking around the acidic puddle.

“We have to keep moving. Who knows how many of those things are still around,“ Fiona grimaced.

Rhys halted, heels digging into the ground. “Wait, wait. ‘We’?”

Fiona turned around, rain soaking through her sweatshirt and dripping down her face. “Yes. ‘We’. You’re out for a reason, Hyperion. Just like me.”

“You never did explain why you were out here.” His eyes narrowed.

She tucked a wet strand of her behind her ear. “I’m looking for my sister, Sasha. Seen her?”

“You couldn’t have asked me this when we met?”

“I would have shot you if you said yes or no either way.”

Standing firmly, he responded. “No. I’ve never met a woman named Sasha before. Sorry.”

Fiona clenched her teeth and grumbled something inaudible under her breath.

“Have you seen a man named Vaughn?” Rhys asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

“No. I haven’t, Hyperion,” Fiona sneered.

Rhys huffed. “Well. I guess it’s just you and me now.”

“Oh, so it’s ‘you and me’ now?”

“Shut up. Let’s just go.”

He walked past her.

“That’s the direction that creature took.” Fiona called behind her, not turning around.

Rhys pivoted around. “Right.”

• Finally E4 is release on Android!
    But I'm not home enter image description here

Sign in to comment in this discussion.