Question About the Pre - Order.

If I pre order it (the 34.99 deal) does that include all the episodes downloading immediately, or is it for only half the series?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Dastardly wrote: »
    If I pre order it (the 34.99 deal) does that include all the episodes downloading immediately, or is it for only half the series?

I don't really understand your question. Pre-ordering cost the same as buying the whole series later, which is buying all 5 episodes. Each episode will be released roughly monthly starting on July 7th, meaning you can download the first episode on that date, the second a month later, up until the final episode is released. Afterwards, you can request to receive all 5 episodes on a disc for only the cost of shipping.
  • edited June 2009
    Two questions about this.

1) So, the pre-order does not allow to save money for the game, the only "pro" is that you receive a copy on disc on request?

2) If I pre order now, since I live in Italy, I would like to know how much will cost the shipping of the disc: it is possible?
  • edited June 2009
    timetolose wrote: »

1) So, the pre-order does not allow to save money for the game, the only "pro" is that you receive a copy on disc on request?

2) If I pre order now, since I live in Italy, I would like to know how much will cost the shipping of the disc: it is possible?

Anyone who purchases all 5 episodes at anytime can request a copy of the disc whether from pre-order or not.

The pre-order bonuses are 1) a free download of another episode off the TellTale site (such as from Sam and Max or Wallace and Gromit) i.e. around a $8-9 value, 2) Steve Purcell cover art for the DVD slipcase when we request the disc, and 3) access to another forum on the Telltale site.

I'm afraid I don't know the shipping cost to other countries, sorry. I do know they do ship internationally as some people from the UK have ordered in the past.
  • edited June 2009
    Individual episodes usually cost 8.95....5 episodes x 8.95 = 44.75 so you are saving a little under 10 dollars.
  • edited June 2009

Well from the looks of the prices of other TellTale episodes, each one costs almost $9 which means a 5 episode season would cost $45. Also, if you don't pre-order and then decide you want the DVD you have to pay full price for it AND you don't get the slip cover painted by Steve Purcell. This pre-order deal is incredible if you ask me.

Don't know about Italy...sorry.
  • edited June 2009

Shouldn't cost more than 10 dollars for shipping
  • edited June 2009
    lanze wrote: »
    Individual episodes usually cost 8.95....5 episodes x 8.95 = 44.75 so you are saving a little under 10 dollars.

That's not savings from the pre-order persay but the savings from buying the whole season at once compared to buying all 5 episodes individually. (It's the same for the other games on the TellTale site, e.g. it costs more to buy the episodes individually than in bulk).
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009

Each episode will presumably be $8.95 -
    $8.95 * 5 = $44.75

The pre-order even comes with an extra free episode of any game you choose, the Steve Purcell cover and the DVD just for shipping.

You are saving a lot of money with the pre order.
  • edited June 2009
    Is the Wii version available on disc at the end as well? I understand the Wii store will have the episodes.
  • edited June 2009
    RetroBurn wrote: »
    Is the Wii version available on disc at the end as well? I understand the Wii store will have the episodes.

It happened with Sam & Max, so it's possible
  • edited June 2009
    I doubt it. Sam & Max was never on Wiiware so it was a likely candidate for a retail Wii disc release. TMI is on Wiiware so it doesn't need a retail Wii disc release.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.