A Serious Ideas Thread

So since there hasn't been much activity in this forum, I decided to create a mature thread where people can seriously discuss this game.

So what I think is this. First, I am excited for this game, but I think it has to be done in a very particular way for it to be anything more than a waste of time. A lot of people have said it's most likely going to be comedy-related, but I think that's a bad move. There is chance for a serious and mature story here. It doesn't have to be entirely centered toward adults, but it would be nice to have something for people looking for a mature story.

Secondly, it would be wise to include elements to satisfy both fans of the source game and fans of the usual Telltale format. Perhaps have the standard format, but add some other things to it, such as more open action segments with a bit more freedom, such as being able to roam freely and have the scenario play out differently. And other mechanics such as training yourself how to survive and fight during certain points in the story. How much you train and learn will affect your options during scenario, which fits in with the "story plays differently" style that Telltale has used in the more recent games.

Anyone else got any ideas about how this game could look and play?

Comments

Sign in to comment in this discussion.