App Store

Hi guys,

Does anybody know why there is only one season of the Sam and Max games available on the App store? I know at one point that at least one other season was available, but it looks like only Season Two can be purchased now?

Comments

• Nowadays, Telltale focuses more on porting their newer, choice based titles to various devices over their older titles. I think at one point, Telltale intended to have the entirety of Season 3 on iOS when the iPad first came out, but the second episode of Season 3 had some large environments that prevented the game from running well back then on the older devices around 2009 or 2010. Nowadays, I imagine the current devices could run the game, but as I said, Telltale's current focus lies on bringing over their newer titles.

• I know their development focus has changed, and given performance issues I can understand why Season 3 isnt available. My question had more to do with Season 1 I guess - I know it existed on the app store at one point. Why was it pulled?

Nowadays, Telltale focuses more on porting their newer, choice based titles to various devices over their older titles. I think at one point

• I don't think it was. Season 1 was PC only (not even a Mac version). It was one of their very first series. (Not technically the first, but the one everyone paid the most attention to.)

sladerlmc77 posted: »

I know their development focus has changed, and given performance issues I can understand why Season 3 isnt available. My question had more to do with Season 1 I guess - I know it existed on the app store at one point. Why was it pulled?

• Pretty much - it was never released on iOS. Telltale jumped straight into Season 2.

WarpSpeed posted: »

I don't think it was. Season 1 was PC only (not even a Mac version). It was one of their very first series. (Not technically the first, but the one everyone paid the most attention to.)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.