What are your thoughts on the Episode 3 Trailer?

It seems like even more shit is going to hit the fan. What are your guy's opinions?

Comments

• Oh man it looks so good! Shit is definitely going to hit the fan this episode!

• I got spooked. I dont want Mira nor Gared to die.

• edited March 2015

It looks great!

I'm looking forward to see what happens in Ironrath with the arrival of Gryff, but I expected he wouldn't be as jerk as his father is . It looks I was wrong :p

• Gryff Whitehill looks just like I thought he would. A younger, slimmer version of Ludd.

• Huh, didn't expect that Duncan visits Gared.

• Gryff is a cunt. Nuff said.

• I'm really hyped to see ser Royland fight. I expect he will be a real badass (but I could also see him dying in this episode. I hope not).

• When Ser Royland drew his sword, I knew the whitehill men were in for an arse kicking. I can't wait for that episode, it's likely they probably insult Lord Rodrik and he's just had enough.

• So basically Mira is hunted by the City Guard and has to face the Merchant Lord who openly threatens to kill her, Gryff Whitehill has his men burn Ironrath to the frigging ground, Gared will be hunted as a deserter, Asher has to face Drogon...

Alt text

• Someone HAS to die and i'm fucking scared

• I must have said: "Oh shit" about 6-7 times. So... it was awesome :D Really hyped about the Ice Dragon I saw in the map.

• And the fact that he has just returned from Harrenhal makes him sound even more dangerous.

Shaboomm posted: »

It looks great! I'm looking forward to see what happens in Ironrath with the arrival of Gryff, but I expected he wouldn't be as jerk as his father is . It looks I was wrong

• I fear for Ryon's safety if he's imprisoned in a castle with 3 older Gryffs. At least Gwyn is there trying to diffuse the situation.

• What on earth is Duncan doing at the Wall? I know he said he felt he would see Gared again someday, but I never expected him to go visit when just sending a raven would probably suffice.

• Sending a raven to tell him about the top-secret North Grove and even encourage him to abandon the NW? :|

What on earth is Duncan doing at the Wall? I know he said he felt he would see Gared again someday, but I never expected him to go visit when just sending a raven would probably suffice.

• A raven would be intercepted by Frostfinger or someone else, so if it contained orders to desert the watch Gared would either be executed right away or never given the letter.

Visitors to the watch are allowed, it just doesn't happen much because they're mostly criminals with no one to visit them.

What on earth is Duncan doing at the Wall? I know he said he felt he would see Gared again someday, but I never expected him to go visit when just sending a raven would probably suffice.

• He might think It's not safe to send a raven with a letter regarding the north grove.

I think that Gared will die in the end of the season, especially if he becomes a deserter in order to find the north grove.

• edited March 2015

What, you think someone's reading his mail? If Duncan had something he needed to say in person, why not just say it when Gared left Ironrath, instead of being all mysterious and reticent.

'I can't tell you any more about the North Grove just yet, so I guess I'll come and visit you in a few weeks and tell you then (once your storyline has progressed a bit more), regardless of whether I'm needed at Ironrath or not.'

ninoobz posted: »

Sending a raven to tell him about the top-secret North Grove and even encourage him to abandon the NW?

• Frostfinger or someone else would definitley read every letter.

Just imagine a criminal had friends who want to get him away from the Wall, and are sending him instructions through letters.

I'm fairly sure the Night's Watch knows their shit and checks every letter twice.

What, you think someone's reading his mail? If Duncan had something he needed to say in person, why not just say it when Gared left Ironrath

• "sending a raven" is ridicoulous idea

1.) there is no way Garred can even read - maybe like 5 % of the population could.
    2.) the ravens are trained to fly from one maester's chamber to the next one. There is no raven who would fly to Garred. He would fly to the maester of the Night's Watch.

• Couldn't have said it better myself
    :P

Tyranitar posted: »

Gryff is a cunt. Nuff said.

• It's freaking awesome! As good as the 2nd episode was, I was looking for a much more intense one, and it looks like this is going to be the case!

• 1) As Lord Forrester's squire for several years, it's not unreasonable for Gared to have learnt to read. 2) Mira sends and receives ravens from her mother all the time, presumably through a maester. I assume it would work the same way at Castle Black. In episode 3 of season 1 of the show, a message comes from Winterfell specifically for Jon Snow to let him know Bran has woken up. Admittedly Mormont does read it, but it proves the men can receive personal mail. There have already been much bigger plotholes in the story so far than the possibility of Gared being able to receive a message without anyone else opening it.

"sending a raven" is ridicoulous idea 1.) there is no way Garred can even read - maybe like 5 % of the population could. 2.) the ravens

• I am so effing pumped!!!

• I love Gryff already.

• Gryff Whitehill sounds like he's 14 and looks like he's 40.

• Gryff looks too much like a Barbie Doll, the shields and armor of Gryff and Frostfinger 2.0 are ridiculous.

• How could you insult the glorious Gryff Whitehill?

Gryff looks too much like a Barbie Doll, the shields and armor of Gryff and Frostfinger 2.0 are ridiculous.

• edited March 2015

oh! sorry, your lordship. I... I.... your sister is hot.

How could you insult the glorious Gryff Whitehill?

• Yes! There is a high posibility someone would read his mail.

What, you think someone's reading his mail? If Duncan had something he needed to say in person, why not just say it when Gared left Ironrath

• That does not prove that someone wouldn't read any letter sent to Gared.

1) As Lord Forrester's squire for several years, it's not unreasonable for Gared to have learnt to read. 2) Mira sends and receives ravens f

• Dood. the beard guy that hangs w/ Gryff looks super fucking cool.

• And what about your lord Gryff?

Churned posted: »

Dood. the beard guy that hangs w/ Gryff looks super fucking cool.

• Trailer is nice, I just hope the Forresters could actually DO something to improve their position, because 3 episodes in a row about how they are groveling before the arbitrary idiots is just too much in my opinion.

P.S. Gryff has disgusting personality and warts... What kind of "peace" between families Gwyn was talking about?

• edited March 2015

Seems about right.

ranger563 posted: »

Gryff Whitehill sounds like he's 14 and looks like he's 40.

• My reaction to the trailer:

Alt text

• Which means he's 27.

14+40=54/2=27

ranger563 posted: »

Gryff Whitehill sounds like he's 14 and looks like he's 40.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.