The Maester, Duncan or Royland?

Comments

• Gwynn could be lying, maybe there is no traitor at all. But how would she know about their plans to expel Gryff, and Asher raising an army?

• I'm leaning toward Lady Forrester, however Duncan is a shifty sort. Rolland is very loyal and just too stupid and bullheaded to be a snitch ass traitor. The Master is too obvious, I am putting my money on Duncan, the Tully's have proven to be somewhat crazy when separated from their kin. Duncan could prove to be as batshit crazy as Liza

• None. It's Lady Forrester. I guarantee it.

• Dude I kid you not I was thinking the same thing lol It would be a good idea to try and trick the traitor.

MrHazer posted: »

It would be cool if we could do the same thing Tyrion does in the series and tell all the suspects a different piece of information on what

• I would actually be very angry if Duncan is a traitor. For me saying that Gryff has power etc. is just to make Gryff too confident etc. Duncan defended Talia though.Gryff calls him his dog ,because he thinks everyone is his to torment like Joffrey .Maybe Duncan is a double agent on Forrester side.
    NO way that it would be duncan ,despite that scene makes me suspicious.
    In 2nd episode maester told Rodrik must proove be that he can get married with Ellana.For me he seemed like he was against it.The question is who opened the gate?If you choose Duncan i doubt it very highly.It could be non-sentinel but i doubt it ,mother didn't open the gate ,so it leads to Ortengryn

• Yes, but she is in effect condemning her two battle ready sons to death by bring the house to its knees, just for information on a son barely out of nappies... Why risk 2 sons to save one?

LeeJames posted: »

Lady Forrester I'm thinking.. In exchange for info on Ryon

• I Believe it is the Maester because He has barely don anything to help. In episode 1 i thought he was trying to kill Gared by putting maggots in his leg.And he barely helped Ethan decide the sentinel so he made the wrong choice to help lord whitehill

• edited March 2015

I also think it's one of these two. If indeed there is a traitor. Royland was always so eager to start something, and his hotheadedness usually does more bad than good. The maester's just shady as hell. I don't think it's Duncan, since he's the only one Gregor trusted (don't tell anyone else about the north grove), and I don't think it's Lady Forester, that would be just... weird and non-nonsensical. Why would a caring mother try to betray her sons and family? But who knows maybe there's more to her than meets the eye? - at this point though, I really don't see her being a traitor.

BlueShadiw posted: »

Honestly I initially thought Royland, but then considered the maester. There's just something..off about him. I can't quite explain it.

• because of the place that is not found let north of the wall!

RubyMoon posted: »

I really think it's Duncan ! I don't know why but there's something fishy with him ... I just .. I don't know.

• I believe it's the maester. Simply because of the line from miss Whitehill "He knows exactly how weak you are"

• Well he saved Rodrick life...

• It's Rodrik himself, calling it.

• we do not know let we have to wait it out.

• edited April 2015

the mom of the house just will not see it like her 1st home it is in the bios in the codex.

• edited April 2015

I think the maester is the prime suspect at the moment.

1. He was 1 of 2 people not present when Ethan died and could have let the Whitehill soldiers in. Someone had to do it.
    2. The maesters usually are the ones to handle all the messages through the ravens.

It is not to far from Highpoint to Ironrath so the traitor could possibly use riders and get messages out that way.

• The maester was also the person who suggested removing Gryff which as we learn from Gwyn is exactly what Lord Whitehill wants.

• Oohhhh...implying that they mean Rodrik himself, not just the house. Hadn't thought about it in that context before...

SumpinClaus posted: »

I believe it's the maester. Simply because of the line from miss Whitehill "He knows exactly how weak you are"

• I wonder If either Royland or Duncan is doomed to die? Rodrik will accuse on of being a traitor, and ultimately they wil die trying to save the house. Then Rodrik sees that it was infact the Maester...though I still wouldn't be surprised if it was Duncan. Or Lady Forrester!

I think the maester is the prime suspect at the moment. * He was 1 of 2 people not present when Ethan died and could have let the White

• Lol it's Duncan because he tried to get his nephew Gared killed by sending him to the wall and then visiting to plot an attack on someone. Why even send Gared to the wall in the first place if you're gonna bribe him to betrayed the watch to save family. Duncan is a dumbass I hope they cut his head off next lol.

Talia too because, she's been getting in trouble lately and almost got Rodrik killed. Talia is plotting something because she wants revenge for Ethan's death and getting family in trouble is what she's risking.

• edited April 2015

At this point it could be anyone the maester just has more chances to screw the house. I hope we get some proof of who it is I don't want to accuse people without facts to back it up I could screw that up good.

ALIENANGIE posted: »

I wonder If either Royland or Duncan is doomed to die? Rodrik will accuse on of being a traitor, and ultimately they wil die trying to save

• What? The maggots heal. It is known.

Also, letting Ethan make his own decision was a good move in my opinion. If he is the traitor he could have pushed toward what he believes is the worse candidate.

The thing is...the maester is too obvious. No real attachments to the family, no real emotional impact if discovered...nah, I doubt Telltale would go this road. It needs to be someone we'll feel bad about at the discovery. I stand by my "Lady Forrester" guess ;)

• He also gives terrible relationship advice.

While funny, maybe there was more to the Maester telling Rodrik "make sure she knows your willie works" than just being clueless. Maybe that was an attempt at sabotaging the marriage offer.

StrawHuman posted: »

The maester was also the person who suggested removing Gryff which as we learn from Gwyn is exactly what Lord Whitehill wants.

• NO WAY its royland. he hates the whitehills way tooo much to snitch his own house out like that. plus royland is not the type to hide his feelings, and if it lady stark i mean lady forrester then i will be SO mad at telltale. because its too muc deja vu for me, also the whole thing for tyrion and the red wedding/purple wedding... so it'll be HARD to seperate house stark and the forresters. and making lady forrester the snitch than i will cringe at the screen.... like i said, its hard playing as forresters when you have everything major in the books and tv show is on the game. so it'll be way too much deja vu for my taste... i hope they make the forresters a stand alone set of characters that dont have the semi qualities or actions thats in the book or tv show, thats why we play it, so we have a different perspective on the GOT world..

• the traitor is john snow there i said it am the spoiler!hehehe!just kidding guys but its either lady forester or the maester

• he sent him to the wall so that he could be able to go to the north of the wall and find the north groove

Lol it's Duncan because he tried to get his nephew Gared killed by sending him to the wall and then visiting to plot an attack on someone. W

• edited April 2015

Why? What happens if you do that?

ALIENANGIE posted: »

I replayed and chose the option "protect Duncan" instead of "punch Gryff" and now I'm even more certain that he's the traitor...

• idk, i know it's obvious, but I didn't like the maester's look when Duncan was explaining how Asher and Mira were going to be helping at the meeting in the grove. There's a shot of the maester's face and he looks like he's listening a little TOO intently.

• Your gonna be like damn i was right when talia or duncan is the traitor lol

jumper1809 posted: »

he sent him to the wall so that he could be able to go to the north of the wall and find the north groove

• I think you will have to choose between Roland or Duncan and it'll be neither of them.

• I personally vote Maester Ortegryn. Roland jumps at every chance to defend House Forrester, and Duncan was entrusted with insanely secret information.

• I sorta think Royland....to be honest -.-

I find it suspicious that Gryff didn't do ANYTHING to him...He sits their sorta defending you if you submit to Gryff, but Gryff does NOTHING to him when he talks back, and if you pay attention, the body language is suspicious....

• The only reason I think it could be her is I believe she's the only one you can actually tell about the traitor.

None of the three! I bet it's lady Forrester. She acts suspicous. Espacially If you don't tell her anything after you met the whitehill girl. But I could be wrong

• Well, if Rodrik encourages Royland's aggressiveness, he will draw his sword and attempt to take on three men at once. I just think he's kept alive for continuity. I believe the whole thing was a setup to badger Rodrik into recognizing the authority Gryff would have when Rodrik submits to him. Killing Royland would have negated the effort to make Rodrik submit, and so would taking Talia's alleged punishment into his own hands. There is a breaking point for how much damage you can do to intimidate or threaten a target into doing what you want them to do.

Gameoid posted: »

I sorta think Royland....to be honest -.- I find it suspicious that Gryff didn't do ANYTHING to him...He sits their sorta defending you i

• I think it's Lady Forrester or the Maester. Duncan has ties into the Whitehills and with Gwyn, but I feel like that'd be too obvious. Royland is too devoted to House Forrester and looks like he'd kill anyone who even thought about it for a millisecond. If it's him, I'll be surprised, but then again this is Game of Thrones we're talking about.

• while I don't trust Duncan too much, I don't think he's that much of a traitor. I wonder about Royland for a few reasons - he yells back at Gryff but Gryff does nothing, whereas when Duncan argues back he gets it immediately. Plus, I can't tell if Royland is quick to defend the family or just quick to start a reckless fight. Lady Forrester would be interesting, but I don't really know what specific things she's done to seem suspicious unless I'm just really blind. She seems a lot like Cat, but I don't get the vibe that she's that smart about everything, just ridiculous.

• The plan could fail. If the Whitehills are guaranteeing his safety in exchange for information I have no trouble believing she would do it.

Istibul posted: »

that sounds rediculous, if you're planning to save Ryon stealing him from whitehills keep, then why the hell lady Forester would reveal this secret plan to whitehills?

• You have a point there...Royland my not be the traitor...but, telltale wouldn't make it easy to find out~ X3

And I still don't think its Duncan....

Hbh128 posted: »

Well, if Rodrik encourages Royland's aggressiveness, he will draw his sword and attempt to take on three men at once. I just think he's kept

• Whoever the spy is, their objective must most probably be the same as the whitehill lord's, and if gwyn's words about her fathers intentions are to be trusted. He either wants the forresters' complete submission. Or he wants them to fight a losing battle while they are weak and die, under such circumstances the traitor is most probably(but not impossibly) not.

Duncan: If his intentions were the foresters submission or death, he would not have asked for Gared's help, or given him the map to the north grove in the visit. If he didn't care about house forester the last thing he'd do is ask his nephew to go on a dangerous mission that involves leaving the north wall for the sake of saving house forester. And it can't be an act to gain foresters' trust since he's keeping the north grove a secret.

Lady Forester: Her suggestions to sometimes submit and sometimes fight back may look strange to the skeptical. However she asked Ethan's permission to send her brother to bring Asher with an army, and if he refuses does so anyway, now if she wanted the foresters to submit to the white hills or die to them in battle. The last thing she'd do to accomplish either is increase the forester forces.(and on a note unrelated to lord whitehill's intentions, if you choose save ryon they learn of that. The last person to leak that specific info is lady forester, if she was the spy, she wouldn't have told that detail)

The Maester: Not only did he save and heal Rodrik when he could have killed him in secret and then be like "He was too wounded, I couldn't save him my lady.", but he also encouraged Rodrik regarding his wedding and the glenmore alliance, as did lady forester. And again, the last thing you'd do to make a house submit or die in battle is increase it's strength, or give it strong allies.

Royland: If you tell Royland to take down Gryff, he will without hesitation fight the whitehills, now he may fail and live, but just right there he risked losing his head to them. He is one million percent against the whitehills.

Talia: ........No, it's not Talia, impossible and out of the question.

Therefore by process of elimination, the most likely traitor to the forester house who was present in the meeting is.........Lord Rodrik. Just kidding. My theory is that Gryff took the great hall so that the foresters would have to do their plans outside, that way someone from the whitehills could spy on them in the hiding and overhear their plans. Maybe Gwyn simply came to the conclusion on her own that the spy is a house forester traitor when it could've simply been a house whitehill soldier in the hiding.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.