Lets Talk About Episode 3 (Your thoughts)

Comments

• I actually thought it was rather weak.

• I found it really intense. A lot of hard choices to consider and I had to press space quite a few times in order to think more.

• The story was great. I was nervous the entire time. There was little to no action though so if you aren't captivated by the story it probably sucks. It felt like some choices i made in the past mattered but i'd have to replay a few times to actually find out.

Overall i think it did a good job of setting up the mood. The Forresters feel helpless in Ironwrath no matter how proud you are and that chat with Whitehill's daughter was terrifying. This is Game of Thrones, it's completely possible this series will end not so happily.

Mira in King's landing is brilliant. It's extremely tense but differs from Ironwrath. Where in Ironrath the tension comes from the occupying force's actions/restraint in King's Landing it's all about not pissing off the wrong people and trying to find allies for your family.

In Essos it's pretty standard. Not much has progressed we need to see what the Mother of Dragons says.

Castle Black is not as intense as it is mysterious. The North Grove, a certain brother's allegiance. It's all fascinating and exciting.

• 8/10

Not enough Asher.

• I liked it a lot. But I do think we needed more Asher. He was barely in either episode.

• I just finished it and i just... ohmygowd, it so so, SO, SOOOO FREAKIN GOOD. I have never watched a series, but this game just... i just freakin love it, it is so intense and emotional and... and everythinh!
    Thank you, telltale.
    Thank you, i love you.
    I think i'll call my child "telltale", it would be interesting...

• I loved it, other than Asher's almost non-existent role, this episode was phenomenal. I'd say it was even better than The Lost Lords.

• I liked it as much as ep 2, so I thought it was really good. The whole [Get up] was extremely powerful if you got up every time

• I got up every single time, and it was probably one of my favorite moments from the episode.

Poogers555 posted: »

I liked it as much as ep 2, so I thought it was really good. The whole [Get up] was extremely powerful if you got up every time

• So, what happens if you don't kill Damien in episode 2?

• Did you kill the Whitehills guy at the Wall?

I did. Broke his arm and then pulled him off the Wall.

I wonder if the guys who didn't kill him will go with Jon Snow to Craster's house (don't think so) or will escape with the wildling (I'm not good with names)

• He dies no matter what.

Rippo posted: »

Did you kill the Whitehills guy at the Wall? I did. Broke his arm and then pulled him off the Wall. I wonder if the guys who didn't ki

• THIS EPISODE WAS RIDICULOUS!!!!!
    I loved every moment and I doubted every decision I made! I just wanted to stop the game and cry in a corner. Seriously this episode was awesome and yesss!!! Dany will be in the next episode. Kudos to Telltale, They are really getting the GoT feel and actions and conversation just on point. and of course the classic telltale feeling of not trusting ANYONE!!! Is there anyone you guys trust? I don't trust Sera, The Coal Boy, Duncan, Royland, The Maester, Lady Forrester, Malcom, Cotter, Finn, Jon Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one. The only one I slighty trust is Beshka at the moment but WHAT DO I KNOW....sorry I just finished the episode and I am on 200%!

• 9.5/10 despite a few technical glitches here and there (didn't bother me really just keeping it from being perfect) it kept me way interested the entire time, the length was perfect and some of the choices were really difficult to make. Half way through the season and all 3 episodes are some of my favorite TT episodes yet, God I love this season so much already :P

• Was disappointed with the purple wedding :/

• Tom is alive anyway, Damien is dead anyway because Tom killed him.

Pipas posted: »

So, what happens if you don't kill Damien in episode 2?

• Everyone was such a twat to Mira in this episode. Poor Mira...

• Alt text

What.

What.

What.

No way. You're kidding, right?

Tom is alive anyway, Damien is dead anyway because Tom killed him.

• I am not kidding. I am part of the 7.6% that just ran away at the end of episode 2. Coal boy was SUUUPER pissed off at me.

What. What. What. No way. You're kidding, right?

• How did he pull that off? Is he a secret assassin or what?

I am not kidding. I am part of the 7.6% that just ran away at the end of episode 2. Coal boy was SUUUPER pissed off at me.

• He got lucky. :D

No, he said something like he knows how to defend himself... I don't believe a word this kid says. Always showing up at the strangest times, won't tell me who he's working for, apparently has free-reign of the keep but refuses to bathe... just all around sketchy.

How did he pull that off? Is he a secret assassin or what?

• I was very disappointed I thought the Asher scenes were pretty great. The Rodrik and Gared scenes were okay to me, but they kept the plot moving forward.

But the Mira scenes? I wanted to tear my hair out. Almost nothing you did in previous episodes had any sort of effect. This isn't like the Asher choice when Croft first greeted him and the choice of whether to cut your eye or your hand turns out to be a big fakeout and they all have a laugh at the end. No, we were led to believe these choices would have serious consequences for Mira. Yet, everyone one of them, from what she said to Cersei, to if she forged Maergery's signature to, to if she saved Tom, to if she made the deal with Tyrion all amount to bupkis. None of them vary in any way.

And yet, Tom seems to keep insisting on helping Mira even if Mira was being a total jerk to him. He even runs off at one point, telling Mira she's on her own, but then comes back not a minute later to help her. All for a mysterious motivation the writers keep insisting putting off until later. I know why Loader Bot will help Rhys even if Rhys told him to self destruct: Loader Bot is under Rhys' control. What's Tom's motivation?

I don't know; I thought this episode could've been way better.

• I smashed his head into the ice.
    Then cut his hand.
    Then stabbed him in belly and twisted the blade.
    And finaly pushed him off the wall.
    So satisfying :D

Rippo posted: »

Did you kill the Whitehills guy at the Wall? I did. Broke his arm and then pulled him off the Wall. I wonder if the guys who didn't ki

• He is exactly that. An agent sent to follow you. I didnt save him, and I took the knife hoping it will be evidence with which I can acuse the guard.
    Then the coalboy arrives and does the "Yo I killed him and I am annoyed, but not really, since I am supposed to be watching you so I was doing my duty"

How did he pull that off? Is he a secret assassin or what?

• If she forged Margery's signature, it helped/hurt the betrothal to Elaena. That one did have consequence. And putting off Tom's motivation until later is a literary device. I actually like not knowing.

• edited March 2015

I loved every second of this episode! I would rate a 10/10! My favorite part was when Croft seemed like he was gonna torture Asher and his group but at the end, he was just joking with them! I totally fell for it and couldn't stop laughing!

• Yes, but the branching scene itself is very minor. Rodrik didn't need it at all. He can win the betrothal with or without it.

I'm the opposite; I think putting off Tom's motivation is a cheap way to generate interest. We keep guessing what his motivation is and he's being forced to do this rather than his decision to help Mira, in spite of her potential abuse, rather than it being shown through a character action.

If she forged Margery's signature, it helped/hurt the betrothal to Elaena. That one did have consequence. And putting off Tom's motivation until later is a literary device. I actually like not knowing.

• It was very middling for me I'm afraid. You could feel the writers telling you how this has to play out and very few of the choices we were given had much effect. They keep hammering on about the dire situation the Foresters are in when we already know. We don't need to constantly be reminded of it with more depressing scenes where nothing we do will help.

Rodrik's scenes barely moved the plot besides learning two new things; the spy and gywn will help. Asher scenes were good, it's just a shame we didn't see more of them where our actions as him dictated exactly how much you help his family back home in the long run. Mira's scenes were just difficult to get through. They reached a point where I just stopped caring as everything you do leads her looking bad regardless of what you say.

Gared's story is interesting and a nice change in the episode. We have a clear goal that is insight and it's moving along at a nice pace.

• I never got the thing that told me what I chose. Under the my choices section, I can't access episode 3.

• I loved it. The best episode so far. I have definitely got more invested in the story now. I still don't think the series is as good as Tales from the Borderlands, though. :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.