Official Gryff HATE Thread

edited May 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Post your hatred of this ugly fuck of the shithole Whitehill family.

Alt text

When he's dying, I'll be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdboPmJjSG4&feature=player_detailpage

Comments

• He looks like a bleached goblin.

• Can't wait to see him with his face pressed in the mud.

Then it's just his three older brothers and father left to contend with.

• Are you sure his face isn't already in mud? Just loot at it, it's so UGLY!

JakeSt123 posted: »

Can't wait to see him with his face pressed in the mud. Then it's just his three older brothers and father left to contend with.

• He was probably born in mud.

bloop posted: »

Are you sure his face isn't already in mud? Just loot at it, it's so UGLY!

• Gryff out of the womb.

Alt text

He was probably born in mud.

• I believe the Whitehills may grow on us later. There's still hope. Remember how we all used to hate the Lannisters in Season 1, viewing them as the villains? Well now(I for one atleast) it's one of my favorite Houses and I don't really consider any of them a villain(ever Cersei has her moments, even though she's defienlty the worst Lannister).

We have learned that there's one good Whitehill already, Gwyn. Maybe Gryff will get some major character developement? Though as much as I say this, I would like for them all to be crushed as well.

• Not to mention there are three older brothers. The firstborn is probably Lord Whitehill's favourite because he's the heir to Highpoint, but we can't be sure about the other two. There must be a reason Lord Whitehill sent his fourthborn over the second- or thirdborn.

Perzzon97 posted: »

I believe the Whitehills may grow on us later. There's still hope. Remember how we all used to hate the Lannisters in Season 1, viewing them

• Well Jaime tried to murder Bran while he was having sex with his sister, murdered his own cousin for own personal needs and attacked and crippled Ned Stark. And now he's one of the most complex and interesting characters.

ninoobz posted: »

Nope, kicking Rodrik down on the ground multiple times pretty much blew away any thought I had of this character being in the "gray" area.

• edited March 2015

Nope, kicking Rodrik down on the ground multiple times pretty much blew away any thought I had of this character being in the "gray" area.

I believe the Whitehills may grow on us later. There's still hope. Remember how we all used to hate the Lannisters in Season 1, viewing them

• When he chucked Talia into the mud

Alt text

I wanted to beat him up so much, but I knew I had to bide my time, wait it out, wait for the proper time, the proper place.

• Maybe because he knows gryff will act like a fool and cause trouble, like Gwyn kind of said.

Not to mention there are three older brothers. The firstborn is probably Lord Whitehill's favourite because he's the heir to Highpoint, but

• HE CAN DO THAT?!

Alt text

When he chucked Talia into the mud I wanted to beat him up so much, but I knew I had to bide my time, wait it out, wait for the proper time, the proper place.

• edited March 2015

I'm hoping that we have a playable Whitehill at some point, maybe one of the other three sons? I definitely think there's more to the Whitehills than we realize.

Did anyone else get awesome-chills during the final scene where Rodrik won't stay down and Gryff gets completely freaked out over it and ends up backing off? Definitely my favorite scene in the series so far. I think it's a clue that Gryff may have some kind of inferiority complex--as said earlier, more to them than we realize.

A bit more on-topic: slapping Talia was a pretty scumbag move, amirite?

• Alt text

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/93153/gryff-whitehill-a-rather-dashing-fellow

• Gryff laughed, the sound eerily similar to a dying horse's screeches. It seemed fitting; went pretty well with his elf resembling shitpile (he liked to call it a face, but everyone agreed that was a far too nice name for that...thing).

"I've got Rodrik the ruined eating from my hand...finally I'm getting the respect I deserve!"

"Yeah, because there's no other way an ugly ass fourth born would get respect any other way. Only by foul playing."

"What the?" he sneered and managed to somehow look even uglier than before. "Who's talking?! My men will kill you!"

"Yeah, not happening. We're the fandom. We watch you from far away. And only you can hear us. Cause plot."

"I'll gladly get my hands on you and I'll gut you alive for this."

"Gross, you look like that Gollum guy from Lord of the Rings now. Disgusting, it's bad enough that you're making our life a living hell."

"Goll- What the?!"

"Anyway," the voices continued, "we can't stand looking at your atrocious face for even one more second. We'll enjoy killing you when the time comes. Goodbye, shithead."

And he was left there wide eyed (and somehow uglier than ever) while his own men stared at him.

"Bloody hell," one whispered to his friend, "besides being ugly now he's becoming insane."

• Standing up to him was a really powerful scene. He reminded me of

Alt text

• Let's just say that Ludd is now my second most hated character in the game.

• edited March 2015

Yes , correct me if i'm wrong , but it happens when Royland is your sentinel. Instead of Duncan being pushed , it's Talia.

HE CAN DO THAT?!

• Gryff be like:

Alt text

And Rodrik be like:

Alt text

Pipas posted: »

Standing up to him was a really powerful scene. He reminded me of

• Gryff is just doing it to be a jerk, no need for all of that. Jaime pushed Bran to protect the Lannisters, killed his cousin (show only, btw) in order to escape his prison and didn't actually cripple Ned, one of his soldiers did and Jaime punished him for doing so.

Well Jaime tried to murder Bran while he was having sex with his sister, murdered his own cousin for own personal needs and attacked and crippled Ned Stark. And now he's one of the most complex and interesting characters.

• For a second I thought it's another "50 Shades of..."

What can I say, you've got a reputation. :D

Anyway, have a like.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Gryff laughed, the sound eerily similar to a dying horse's screeches. It seemed fitting; went pretty well with his elf resembling shitpile (

• edited March 2015

Lol that's what I did too.

stupid face.

*ugly.

Rodrik is just so calm when he punches someone.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well I punched him right in his stupid face. I really like how Calmly Rodrick switches his walking stick with his other hand so he can punch him too

• Well I punched him right in his stupid face. I really like how Calmly Rodrick switches his walking stick with his other hand so he can punch him too

• :O

Nuuu, now I feel bad. :( I didn't know that Talia doesn't have to be pushed.

Mintery posted: »

Yes , correct me if i'm wrong , but it happens when Royland is your sentinel. Instead of Duncan being pushed , it's Talia.

• Gryff doesn't deserve a 50 shades thread. :P

Thank you!

Pipas posted: »

For a second I thought it's another "50 Shades of..." What can I say, you've got a reputation. Anyway, have a like.

• Who should be the one to kill him? I'd say Rodrik.

• I know for what reason Jaime did everything, and while he didn't personally cripple him, he was reponsible for attacking him and butchering his men(including Jory, Ned's friend and the Captain for his soldiers). I wasn't really comparing Gryff and Jaime as saying they are anything alike(Gryff is more like Joffrey), I was refering to the fact that basically every fan hated Jaime and wanted him to die at the begining. But now we know there's more to him. But it's true, Gryff might be just some nutjob while his other brothers are decent beings. But there may be more to Gryff as well.

ninoobz posted: »

Gryff is just doing it to be a jerk, no need for all of that. Jaime pushed Bran to protect the Lannisters, killed his cousin (show only, btw

• edited March 2015

Rodrik, no contest. He's been the most humiliated in all this.

Who should be the one to kill him? I'd say Rodrik.

• I think so. I really suspect Telltale will give us choice in 5 episode - keep peace, or fucking kill them all. And, if you chose killing, you are just turning the wheel, and now you're acting like they are now. It'll be so ironic.

I do try to keep peace, and when we get gold, and real army, then we'll talk peace. As equals, and on fucking even ground. And if some shithole will try to speak against peace, I'll rip his fucking head off and feed to my PIGS!

• I know what you're saying, I just never had that kind of feeling for Jaime (probably cause I read his chapters and inner thoughts before seeing him on the show). Well, I kinda hope you're right about Gryff, I always like it when characters have more to them than meets the eye. Kicking Rodrik down though... not cool in my book so far. >:{

I know for what reason Jaime did everything, and while he didn't personally cripple him, he was reponsible for attacking him and butchering

• AGREED!

Who should be the one to kill him? I'd say Rodrik.

• The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

There will be peace, yes, but the Whitehill lord and the Whitehill lord-wannabe won't see it.

• Rodrik playing with Gryff as a child.

Alt text

Credit goes to @Poogers555

• When Gryff was going on about how he always heard about Rodrik's stubborn pride, I really wished there was an option to say something like "Meanwhile, I haven't heard anything about you at all."

Irrelevant snotty fourthborn.

• edited April 2015

my reaction when gryff appears

Alt text

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.