Damien

Anyone else think it's weird that Damien appears to be dead either way? It seems like if you don't kill Damien yourself, but run away instead, the coal boy somehow manages to kill him and hide the body anyway, despite being half-drowned when Mira left?

Why not just have Damien leave the coal boy and go after Mira as the priority when he realises she's escaped? Then the coal boy survives and Damien goes into hiding, worried that you'll report him, or perhaps waiting for a chance to try to kill you again. Or alternatively, whoever hired Damien has him killed for failing, or because he's a liability now. You'd have the same result, it'd just be more plausible than the coal boy managing it.

Comments

• Also, what's the likelihood that keeping the knife is actually going to matter?

• Well it is telltale. The only thing that matters if you saved him or not is the line of dialogue you get between the coal boy when you see him before the wedding. Yeah seriously, maybe the canon ending is Mira killing Damien.

I doubt it will matter. Maybe they'll suspect you or find the knife, then they all get killed and you are saved. I threw the knife away, but I got to mention that another guard saw me that night./

• edited March 2015

What if it was set up to get you to trust Tom more but you killing him wasn't entirely anticipated? So if you leave he just gets his money and belts it but Tom can't reveal the whole truth so just says he's dead?

• Non-canon ending proves that he really meant to kill you. I know that non-canon endings are non-canon (duh) but it would make sense that they use this to make us understand what would have happened if you failed.

Miny77 posted: »

What if it was set up to get you to trust Tom more but you killing him wasn't entirely anticipated? So if you leave he just gets his money and belts it but Tom can't reveal the whole truth so just says he's dead?

• That's what you get from running away! LOL :p
    Maybe Telltale hoped nobody would do this hahaha

• Heh, thats true. I as just throwing out a random thought. I'd forgot about that.

Drakonys posted: »

Non-canon ending proves that he really meant to kill you. I know that non-canon endings are non-canon (duh) but it would make sense that they use this to make us understand what would have happened if you failed.

• Because the guards will find it and they'll have forensics look at it. It's got fingerprints, blood, and possibly sperm all over it. CSI:KL:GOT

Also, what's the likelihood that keeping the knife is actually going to matter?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.