Are you interested in these characters?

I feel like because we're controling more than two characters, I haven't really got invested into the characters. I like Gared and Rodrik, but apart from that, there's really no character I'm interested in, and I wouldn't be to bothered if some of them died.
How about you guys?

Comments

• The only one I don't really care about is Asher, but he is important to the family so I hope he doesn't die and leave us armyless

• Rodrik and Asher was "love at first sight", Gared is also cool, but I didn't like Mira. But she and her story is getting really interesting. My problem with her was that she seemed emotionless, in ep3 she was pretty good though. I like them all now and I enjoy their stories.

• Rodrik and Mira.

• Really care about/ enjoy playing:
    Asher and Gared

Care about:
    Asher, Gared, Rodrik.

Don't care about:
    Mira(and every telltale-created character in King's Landing)

• Favorites: Rodrik and Gared.

Don't care about: Mira

Needs more screentime: ASHER

• edited March 2015

Asher is important for the family's survival so I don't want him to die, but I honestly couldn't care less about him. This will be unpopular, but the only Forresters I actually like are Rodrik, Mira and Ethan. Ryon is merely a plot device– the Telltale version of Buffy's Dawn if you will, that we have to save and worry about constantly; Lady Forrester, who while understandably frazzled and controlling, is also a huge liability and at times quite a nuissance; and finally Talia (though improved in the latest episode) is still fairly naive and childish, and therefore also a dangerous burden.

I also like Gared, but I wish we were given the option to be more angry/resentful towards Duncan for continuously putting us in precarious situations.

• Absolutely love the shit out of Rodrik, Gared and Talia. Asher and Royland are great too. Mira's a bit too much of a wet flannel for my liking, but I'd be sad to see her go.

• I like Rodrik and Mira because it always feels like I'm walking a knife's-edge with both of them. Death seems imminent at just about every misstep I make.

Asher is fun because I get to kill people rapid pace. But I don't particularly click with his character, I kind of expected him to be a swashbuckling womanizer-type.

Gared just makes me hate House Forrester. "Hey, your life sucks cause of us. Guess what, we're gonna make it suck more. Now off you go." He's boring otherwise to me.

• Don't feel much about Mira or Gared.

• Gared and Asher are my favourites, if they get killed off, I will riot.

I like Rodrik, because I've made him someone to be feared, in a badarse way.

Mira was my least favourite character in episode one, but now her story is getting interesting and I like where it's going, so I don't really 'dislike' any PCs.

Of course, this is my opinion, you may think differently.

• Rodrk's pretty decent and the rest of the forrester clan, though I wish they would get on with something, there basically just waiting around getting beat up

Gared's.... okay along with his gang and I kind of root for him

Asher's out on a limb and from what we've seen hes cheeky not dark and angry. Beshka and Malcolm are also pretty dull to me and now there meeting Dany so things can only get worse. I did like that one eyed guy. there main problem is that they are so far apart from anyone else

Mira has the same issue however at least they've started to make her kind of snotty and bratty, she's clearly meant to be a bit entitled which is fine and makes a change from the blank bore we've had so far. i dont care about any of her side characters because honestly I feel we are not meant to.

• Rodrik would be my favorite. When the character list along with the descriptions was first announced, without yet knowing who would be the playable characters, I put Rodrik as my number 1 "I want to play as this one" list. I was sad to see him "die" at the Red Wedding and I was extremely happy to see him return, especially with them offing Ethan and thus, depriving us of the role of the Lord- which I liked the most. Currently, Rodrik's role seems the most dangerous to me, which makes it all the more interesting. With him I always feel like I'm one wrong word or action from getting the same treatment as Ethan- and I would be doubly sad to see him go- again.

Asher would be my second one. It's always fun to roleplay a reckless character, for me, because usually I go for calm, controlled decisions, but Asher not only makes sense to be played in the opposite way, he's quite fun when doing so too. It would be a damn shame to lose him. I also like both of the characters that accompany him.

I don't feel much towards Mira as a character, but I find her sections enjoyable. Politics have always been the strong point of Game of Thrones, be it show, books or the video game, and Mira gets to dabble in King's Landing politics, the centerpoint. But no, I don't particularly care for her as a character and wouldn't be very sad to see her go.

Gared's the last for me. He's the Jon Snow 2.0. and I hated Jon Snow in early seasons. Nor do I care for his newfound friends. Cotter might be something interesting, being a Wildling and all, we'll see, but Finn, meh. I found their "bonding" in the latest episode extremely forced and unconvincing- but maybe that's just me picking the wrong dialogue options. Also, I'm not even the slightest bit interested in the North Grove subplot. If you ask for my opinion, GRRM writes politics well, but anything to do with magic and mystery in the books is subpar at best and feels out of place for me. And the show and the game reflects it. It's only good as long as it's a mystery and nobody knows if it's truth or fable, but once it's revealed to be the truth, it's just... off. So I'm expecting the North Grove to be the same. Thus, I wouldn't be the least bit sad to see Gared go and his quest fail.

• edited March 2015

Compared to other Telltale games? All of them are better protagonists than Clem.

Yeah, I went there. She was cool as Robin to Lee's Batman, but you don't make Robin the main character.

• I like all the characters we are playing as right now Ethan was the one I didn't like and he is dead.

• I adore Rodrik and Asher and Mira. Gared bores me..

• I like all of them. I just wish we had more Asher.

When it comes to NPCs my favourite is Talia. She´s the only one I can say I really like without being distrustful of them which means a lot.

• Rodrik's story has great potential and Gared is one of the greatest characters Telltale has ever made

• I care about all characters, I just wish all of their storylines were interesting. Just like even in the TV show I don't care much about story lines from Mereen or the desert areas and Castle Black. But I like the characters that are seen in those areas. I like Asher and Gerard but their story lines feel boring in comparison to the main stuff.

• Rodrik is my man crush. Royland is awesome. I've warmed up to Gared little by little over the Episodes. Most other characters I don't really care for, with the possible exception of Coal Boy.

• edited March 2015

I care about all of them a lot more than I thought I would only 3 episodes in (both PCs and NPCs).

• edited March 2015

I care about all the PCs apart from Gared whom I find insensibly dull.

• Asher is the only one I really care for and Gared a little.

• I really, really like Rodrik (if the display picture icon wasn't enough then I don't know what else will suffice)
    I also feel like Asher has a lot of potential, but simply not enough screen time :c
    Mira's ok too but I feel like they put too much emphasis on her and less on the other characters, although she does play a vital role for Kings Landing. And I don't know if its just her personality or she's always so MEH with everything.

• personally i like playing with asher and Rodrik there the most interesting characters in the game because there storyline is the best especially rodrik's storyline.

• I've gotten really invested in Mira and Gared's stories. Especially Mira's. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because she reminds me a lot of Sansa.

• Sadly, I'm not. I do not care about any of them, I find Mira annoying, along with all exaggerated characters in Kings Landing; Gared is another disappointing Jon Snow clone and I've wanted to skip Asher's parable of the prodigal son every time his face showed up on the screen. Their stories seem too predictable, too chaotically presented, using too much false tension and lack of logic, sometimes it's just tiring boredom. Too many characters to focus on, I'd say.

• I care for all of the playable characters. But, even moreso, I am really, utterly pissed off after every single exchange featuring a Whitehall character. And I don't get mad easily. Now that's good writing Telltale!

• I always get invested in my video game characters. If one dies for good and I could of done something to prevent I take it hard lol.

• Want to see Asher in Westeros asap.
    I like everyone equally pretty much.

• Mira is fun because it's in the thick of the most politically dangerous place in the series.
    Asher is cool, but he hasn't gotten much plot done.
    Rodrik is interesting trying to keep the peace but still keep the faith for his people and family.
    Gared is half of my OTP
    And Ethan shall never be forgotten. YOU WERE MY FAVORITE! cries

• I really like Mira and Tom - I think the strongest moments in the chapter are when they work together. Mira's chapters were lacking as she needed a buddy. But I guess it adds to the whole who can you trust in Kings Landing kinda feel.

• Yeah. I love all these characters and how they're all balanced well. The only one I found least interesting in Episode 3 was Rodrik, but even still it caught my attention when a traitor was thrown in the mix. But Mira's was my favourite this episode.

Also other characters such as Tom, Beskha, Talia, Croft, etc. are all great.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.