The Face of a Traitor (New Theory)

13»

Comments

• I know everybody else still has ravens, but the point is that the Maester would have received the letter not Duncan. Also, he suspiciously always have the info from the Whitehills.

Um... To stop the traitor from letting Ludd know about Gryff being captured, they killed all of the Forrester's ravens, not literally all of

• So the Maester received the letter and gave it to Duncan to give to Rodrik. Or the Maester is in bed recovering, so Duncan went to the rookery to check for mail instead. Big deal. It's not suspicious. Duncan has only received word from the Whitehills one other time, and that was from Gwyn, not Ludd. She probably only reached out to Duncan, because he's the diplomatic one and she wanted to talk peace. You're barking up the wrong tree.

I know everybody else still has ravens, but the point is that the Maester would have received the letter not Duncan. Also, he suspiciously always have the info from the Whitehills.

• edited June 2015

Nor Duncan nor Royland is the traitor. Most probable traitor is the Maester.
    Maesters are very treacherous in Game of Thrones.

• Thanks, now you just made me realize something. Doesn't Ortengryn look similar to the Forrester's, particularly Rodrik? Maybe, and that's just my theory, Ortengryn is Gregor's illegitimate child. He was sent to the Citadel and arranged to be sent there. He wants the Ironwood because he feels like it should be his and he wants the ruin of the Forrester's for personal revenge.

Barthanax posted: »

I would agree but what would a maester need with power or gold? They can't use it since maesters are the equivalent of Catholic monks, so th

• This is what Telltale wants you to think, until they ressuricate a damn plot twist and show a character as the traitor, a character no one ever thought about. This is how telltale works, if you have been since the first season of The Walking Dead. This whole thread is now noticed by telltale, and all other suspect threads. Just wait for episode 5, see who the traitor is, and cue my words for this.

• Sounds good, we'll come back and see. you're probably right though lol

This is what Telltale wants you to think, until they ressuricate a damn plot twist and show a character as the traitor, a character no one e

• I think it's neither Duncan or Ser Royland, that's why it doesn't matter who you choose to go with you, it allways ends up the same... I'm pretty is it's maester "what's his name". I mena it could be lady Forrester too, and that would totally suit the game of thrones theme (I mean she might think that neither Rodrick or Ethan were going to be good lords), and I'm guessing that's another reason for the WHitehill's lord not killing Ryon. But I'm betting on the Maester and he will suffer fairly at my ends (putting it in a soft tone) if he's the one.

• I'm suspicious of the maester. Why? Because when you, as Rodrik, go to Highpoint and look at the Whitehill family painting Gwyn tells you something about one of the Whitehill sons, he is studying at the Citadel. What does one become after graduating from the Citadel? You become a maester appointed to a noble house. This could be one of Ludd's plans since way back, sending one of his sons to the rival family to pick up information for future use. The "Citadel son" is also the only one we don't hear, for sure, being far away from where the plot is happening. But surely, one can never know, this is Game of Thrones after all... we'll have to see as stated by others.

Off thread: Ramsay Snow can go to hell.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.