Linear crap?

We all have to consider that there is a huge pressure put on the Telltale developers and they don't have much choice as their hands are hoppled as the story plot is really fragile and requires high accuracy to not to be discordant to the storyline of the main TV show. Anyway, thanks for such a game. Masterpiece.

Comments

• I don't think it's linear "crap" I'm loving the story so far lots of intense moments.

• Do you even realize what linear is?

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't think it's linear "crap" I'm loving the story so far lots of intense moments.

• Yes and I realize why people think it's linear I just disagree theres no need to educate me.

Ontreelone posted: »

Do you even realize what linear is?

• edited June 2015

It is completely linear, your choices make almost no difference. Why to even argue?

AgentZ46 posted: »

Yes and I realize why people think it's linear I just disagree theres no need to educate me.

• Your choices do make a difference actually. Firstly, depending on your sentinel you'll have different conversations with either Royland or Duncan. In addition to this, if you've played the most recent episode the scene where Gryff attempts to put you done is different in terms of decision making whether Royland or Duncan is your sentinel.

Ontreelone posted: »

It is completely linear, your choices make almost no difference. Why to even argue?

• I agree with Brody. I have the feeling that our choices matter greatly (and carry over to escalate in later episodes). It's like with TWD2 where your choices influence for example how the other characters treat you and in consequence influence your next choices. By playing and watching other Let's Play videos on YouTube I can actually see how differently people experience the characters and gameplay according to the choices they made. Don't underestimate the subtleties. It's not as much you make a choice and there is the consequence. It's more complicated. You make a choice - then comes the consequence - and as slight as it may be, it will influence your NEXT choice and the next consequence etc. The intrigue of choices is masterfully woven and as much as we think we are in control and all seems linear - it isn't! Because it's not us who have influence over our choices as much as our choices influencing US! :)

Brody100 posted: »

Your choices do make a difference actually. Firstly, depending on your sentinel you'll have different conversations with either Royland or D

Sign in to comment in this discussion.