Monkey Island Wallpapers

So, everyone here is in a fairly Monkey Island mood right now, aren't they?

I'd like to know who is using Monkey Island desktop wallpapers, and what they're using for them.

I personally wanted to use the box art for Monkey Island 2, but its shape didn't fit my aspect ratio. So my solution was to drop my poster-size scan of the box art into a box that fit the resolution of my screen, and drag it until it looked pretty good. A makeshift, jury-rigged approach, but I think it works.

WARNING both links below are 1440x900.

My wallpaper. I probably could have shrunk it a bit to fit more of his hat and the needles into the picture, but for a 2-second drag and drop it looks pretty good.

With icons! Because I'm sure you all have been wondering what programs and operating system I use.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    That's cool! And what else is cool... is PDN. Except I haven't used it for like, 2 years. XD
  • TimTim
    edited June 2009
    Currently using one I made myself out of utter traveling boredom.

In action:
    Click

Wallpaper itself (1200x800):
    Click

Why? Not really sure, lack of anything more fitting for my desktop I'd guess ^.^
  • edited June 2009
    Tim wrote: »
    Currently using one I made myself out of utter traveling boredom.

In action:
    Click

Wallpaper itself (1200x800):
    Click

Why? Not really sure, lack of anything more fitting for my desktop I'd guess ^.^

I like it :)

... but why is LeChuck cupping Guybrush's head?
  • edited June 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »

My guess was that he was hoping the squeeze the skull until the brains squirted out the ears.
  • TimTim
    edited June 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »

Because having to travel on a train 4 hours a day makes you rather bored out of your skull you come up with really lame ideas :D

I think at that time I thought it looked as if LeChuck's showing our beloved pirate, 'LOOK! It's another Monkey Island game!', like a dad would pinch their son's ear. The other hand basically beholding the logo.. Geez that sounds retarded thinking about it now xD Oh well.
  • edited June 2009
    Im useing this one I made by getting diffrent pics of LeChuck

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/DoctorJoker/Monkey%20Island/lechuck-1.jpg?t=1246214677
Sign in to comment in this discussion.