If you have a choice

Would you keep your oath to the Night's Watch or go and look for the North Grove?

While playing episode 3, I feel so conflicted with my loyalties to the Forresters and my new loyalties to the Watch. I guess I prefer the life of protecting the Wall rather than having to deal with the problems of the world.

Comments

• I honestly have no idea. I told Duncan I´d "do what I can" just to avoid saying "yes" or "no". I really don´t wanna break my vows but I don´t wanna leave House Forrester to rot either. I´m so conflicted. :/

• That's what I did too. It is strange, that once you have spoken your vows, you really feel compelled to honor it. Words are wind to some, but the Night's Watch's oath feels like sacred binding words.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

I honestly have no idea. I told Duncan I´d "do what I can" just to avoid saying "yes" or "no". I really don´t wanna break my vows but I don´t wanna leave House Forrester to rot either. I´m so conflicted.

• I know, I didn´t think I´d care much but I feel like I should honour this somehow. I don´t wanna just desert it.

That's what I did too. It is strange, that once you have spoken your vows, you really feel compelled to honor it. Words are wind to some, but the Night's Watch's oath feels like sacred binding words.

• Im pretty sure you won't have a choice you murdered one of your brothers.

• I really want to keep my oath but House Forrester is in a really bad place they have no allies especially since I lost the betrothal in ep2 So I'll do whatever it takes to protect the house they are even more desperate in my playthrough.

• If the vow scene wasn't so good I wouldn't have kept my vows.

But I'll probably get chased out of the Night's Watch anyway.

• I'm sure it'll be terribly important and will probably save the House, so it's off to the North Grove for me.

...That's all considering Gared will stay alive through 3 more episodes :P

• Alright I finally did it, today was the day. I became a Knight for the Night's Watch and all because my Uncle told me to and believed I could do it. Hey there he is! Oh great, he's gonna be so proud.

HE WANTS ME TO WHAT?!

• It is a tough choice. I don't want to let down Jon Snow (cause boy he really seems to have faith in me!), but my house is in a REALLY bad spot right now.

• I never wanted to be in the nights watch so yes the moment I can i'm gone

• The only reason I would feel bad would be Jon Snow, cause he is a good guy and tried to help you feel welcome. I would give a fuck about these stupid oaths. Would never take them if it wouldn't be forced upon you. Looks like next episode will not leave you with much of a choice anyway. Guess North Grove it is.

• Looking from just Gared's perspective I think I would have stayed. I get that I have to help my house but by doing so I would have to venture out into the cold and lonely North for something that might just be a myth compared to the sure bed/meal at the wall. However, I did choose old family over new family because I have the perspective of all the other Forresters who are struggling to do their part.

• Well, since everyone in the Wall wants me dead, I'll obviously look for the North Grove. We're screwed anyway, better do something good for our house before we die.

• I really hope that there is a possibility to make the North Grove an official mission.
    But if I have to, I'll break my vows. Well Jon Snow kinda deserted for a bit too, so what if i could be "captured" by a wildling (Cotter?)
    would be a nice cover up.

• I was planning on leaving anyway. But especially after Britt, I'm getting the fuck out of there and on to the North Grove.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.