This episode taught me a lesson

So, this episode was all about trying to restrain your primary instinct. Rodrik had to deal with Gryff so that he wouldn't be upset, and it was terrible for me to stay down, but I did it.
Or as Gared I did my best to stop that Whitehill from fighting, and it was so hard for me not to make him suffer, but I walked away and I was glad when I saw that Fynn had seen me.
But I think this is the first TTG episode that taught me a lesson I am going to apply in my life. I'm dealing with bullying at school and family stuff, but I now know that for people I care, or just for me, I need to grin and bear it and not to be rash. I am a convinced pessimist. I do not face up to life any happier than I did before, but as soon as I finished this episode I had a nice, warm feeling than I hadn't felt in a long time and I feel slightly stronger and wiser.

Comments

• Good for you. Hope it helps you dealing with the bullying. It's possible to be strong and resist the urge to fight. But it doesn't mean you should yield either.
    That's what I had Rodric do when dealing with Gryff. I kept standing up, and everytime I did I took something away from Griff. In the end, for all intents and purposes, Gryff had lost. It felt very empowering. But, of course, cause this is Game of Thrones, there will be payback ;)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.