Do you like that TellTale is including TV show characters?

And would you prefer to keep them around, or have TellTale create their own characters? Me personally, I would prefer that TellTale uses their own characters instead of TV show ones, TWD proved that.

Comments

• edited March 2015

The vast majority are original characters but you have to have TV characters because of how important they are to the story, but I don't think they should use TV characters as a crutch

• It's okay if they use the TV characters to kick start the story, but I'm much more interested in the original characters as it's telling something new rather than something we've already seen.

• To be completely honest, I think I would like the game a bit better if TellTale created their own characters. It must be really difficult to recreate canon characters, because they already have their own personalities and one little change could make them appear OOC, which can be bad. I find that OCs like the Forresters are developed more efficiently because they were created from scratch.

• I like them, but I just don't they don't become a very big part of the whole game/story. I would rather have it primarily focus on House Forrester and the characters that Telltale has created.

• I think having the major characters/major houses involved in the story is an easy money grab initially. But I rather TT deal with original cast and maybe some minor houses that don't get much run in the books/show.

• The thing about this is that while we're dealing with the troubles of the Forrester's, the GoT universe is still kicking and screaming outside of it. I think it's actually important they included familiar faces as these bring you back to the fact there's still a war in the midst, murder, and mayhem. While the Forrester's aren't directly affected by any of it, things that original GoT characters do cause ripple affects. Like Lord Bolton, the new Warden of North, sending his bastard son to the Forrester's in Ep. 1. In the books/show, this is common. Bastard Lord Snow, is incredibly eager to cause chaos and please his father, which is a huge reason for the out come of that episode.

Also, I think TT did an excellent job of keeping the original GoT characters in character and their personalities in tact, especially with the actors from the show voicing their characters in the game. I think it brings it all together. Like, with Gared going to the Wall? Jon became a huge centerpiece of the Night's Watch, it'd feel strange to not see him there.

• I like it overall, and it feels organic for the most part. The only things that really bother me are how rushed some of the "big" moments feel. For instance, it seems like one day after the Red Wedding, Bolton men were already bragging about how they were in charge. The transition didn't happen that quickly, and at that point, they wouldn't have even known if the Starks were dead.

After the Purple Wedding, it was like "Oh yeah, the king's dead. OMG WE HAVE TO GET THAT DECREE FROM TYRION'S OFFICE!" Mira and Company, the hated King of Westeros just died. Let that sink in for a moment before you start worrying about your association with his possible killer.

• I agree with you about the Red Wedding actually. It took time for news to spread and for people to know what happened and who was in charge and all that good stuff. I do feel that event was a bit rushed in the aspect that while the Bolton's were eager to be in charge, they didn't quite jump the opportunity the moment after the Red Wedding.

Not so sure about the Purple Wedding though? I definitely see where you're coming from though, as Mira really did step into high gear when it happened. With the King dead and Tyrion in custody, Mira realizes that her association with Tyrion AND the missing guard bring her up to a looot of questioning. If she were pulled into an investigation, lead by Cersei of all people, it's possible she'd be in the dungeons or sent back home to Ironwrath. I think her mindset was more along the lines of "Well. King's dead. Tyrions in chains. This could possibly be my last chance to help myself AND my family."

Brn2bwild posted: »

I like it overall, and it feels organic for the most part. The only things that really bother me are how rushed some of the "big" moments f

• I'm playing ep 2 this minute. I understand what you're saying. I guess I've had my fill of some of these characters and would like some backdrop of lesser houses affected by the end of the war. Maybe it wouldn't be as interesting I presume though.

kh4l33si posted: »

The thing about this is that while we're dealing with the troubles of the Forrester's, the GoT universe is still kicking and screaming outsi

• I like the idea of seeing more of the smaller houses and how they're dealing with things, or even just the Boltons. Maybe those houses would come to help with Forrester? I wouldn't know the details, but that's definitely super rad to think about.

pcharl01 posted: »

I'm playing ep 2 this minute. I understand what you're saying. I guess I've had my fill of some of these characters and would like some backdrop of lesser houses affected by the end of the war. Maybe it wouldn't be as interesting I presume though.

• edited March 2015

I think Telltale has been nailing it with the TV show characters, the focus is not on them but they are helping with the shape up of House Forrester's future quite simply and nicely. Still waiting to see how the whole Asher-Dany thing will go down.
    (Way better than with Glenn TWD S1, even though he was adapted from the comics. I know it isn't the best comparison.)

• Given the setting, Telltale had to include them. Even later on as character move from their current locations we'll still need some of them (even if only to be mentioned) in order to help situate where things are on a larger scale.

That said, this isn't about a little group of person surviving in an apocalyptic world where most humans died. It's about a noble house trying to get back what they lost in a world full of conflict and more or less subtle political shenanigans.

That's not to say that we absolutely need them in all episodes but some cameos here and there should be appreciated just for what they bring.

• The only thing I haven't liked about the TV characters is Ramsay killing Ethan. Should have been a Whitehill. I know characters don't always get revenge in the GOTs but knowing you can't sucks.

• Some of them. Jon feels a bit forced to me at times.

• I do... simply because I geek out over the show and I really dig interacting with them.

• TWD works with all new characters, because it's about what life is like generally in that post-apocalyptic world. Game of Thrones needs the show characters as an anchor for the game, because it's about the politics of that world between those specific families and the people loyal to them. There's too much important backstory not to include at least some of them.

• I like the TV characters. It helps to feel immersed in the actual GoT world.

• To an extent, but I'd rather have original characters. Not knowing their motivations makes the decisions more interesting; if you have been following the books or main show then you know their fate and who to invest in, which does not make it as fun.

• Not really, but it's not like they could avoid it, if they wanted to set up the story in KL or on the Wall.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.