Which are you most excited about?

Which of the new games are you most excited about?
I myself can hardly wait for both, but I'm most excited about the Secret of Monkey Island Remake.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Secret of Monkey Island is an adventure I've already been on. A new adventure, rather than retreading an old one, is FAR more exciting to me! Especially so since, well, Telltale is making it. I'd have a lot more trouble and doubts if it was LucasArts in charge of a sequel. Licensing it out to Telltale was easily the best decision they could have made for my trust in the new game.

Secret Special Edition I can wait to pick up because the content itself is something I already have for the most part. But I'm excited for new puzzles, new characters, and a new story.
  • edited June 2009
    More excited of Monkey5 than Monkey1SE, since I've been waiting for it for 8 years now. :P
  • edited June 2009
    I'm sure I'll get both some day, but I'm much more in the mood for a brand new Monkey Island game.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm most excited about Tales of Monkey Island, of course. Everything aside, I have more faith in a team that is made up of people that have previous Monkey Island game-making experience than the group of guys at LucasArts.

TTG is writing new stuff. LucasArts is just putting a bit of spit and shine on the old game.
  • edited June 2009
    I never played the original Monkey Island game so this Special Edition is also new to me!
  • edited June 2009
    I want to play both equally as bad . The first game remake because I prefer games with graphics that don't hurt my eyes and that have voice talent behind them and the new game because its a brand new adventure and I don't think that Tell Tale games can mess it up ... I did enjoy Sam and Max but I haven't played all the releases . I like TT but I think TOMI is going to make me see them in an entirely new and far greater way.
  • edited June 2009
    Definitely Tales, for all the above reasons. Telltale has done a brilliant job of marketing the game to the fans. I'm eagerly counting down the days.
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009
    I started making the Special Edition months ago so it seems underwhelming to me.

I just want Tales.
  • edited June 2009
    As already mentioned, SOMI:SE is an adventure I've already played out multiple times and heard before, and because they've remained a little TOO close to the original, it won't actually contain any new dialogue, cutscenes or even music for those long moments where music isn't played in SOMI, only reason is just for the artwork update and the speech really.

Whilst TOMI is a new adventure, so liek everything is new, I can't wait to see how the story plays out or what new music I'll hear and come to obsess over liek in the previous games.
  • edited June 2009
    tales of monkey Island I miss guybrush!
  • edited June 2009
    Tales is new, and will be full of unknown jokes and secrets, can't wait to play it.
    SoMI is more nostalgic and modernised, though I've made sure I've not played the game or looked at any spoilers for it to keep the game fresh for when I play it.
  • edited June 2009
    I am also really looking forward to new locations, new jokes, new art, new characters, and a new look on all the familiar stuff as well....

But I am almost as excited to the fresh new look at the first game too.
  • edited June 2009
    I really can't wait for both to be released. Its as if all my christmases have come at once. My vote gos to ToMI as the guys and girls at Telltale worked on the originals and I have more faith in them than a new Lucas Arts title. Saying that, I can't wait to play the special edition and hear Dominic Armato's voice as Guybrush.

Big love to Telltale
  • edited June 2009
    Sorry, ToMI was surprising news but I was ecstatic when I heard about the Special Edition. Voice-overs of the original game, remastered music, aarrrrgg its killing me not knowing the release date. I think it's the perfect move Lucasarts could have made with reviving Monkey Island. Keeping the same code with an anytime old-to-new blend key...genius...
  • edited June 2009
    both, cause there whole new (well one isn't exactly new) Monkey Island adventures.
  • edited June 2009
    I heard there's going to be Manny as a cameo in the Special Edition. OH MY GOD THAT'S PERFECT.
    Can't remember where I heard about that though
  • edited June 2009
    SMI:SE is something to be excited about especially for people who never got to play the original, and even for people like me who played it to death but have given it a rest for some years now.

But new Monkey Island will always be more exciting to me.
  • edited July 2009
    I would have voted "both" if I had had the possibility.
  • edited July 2009
    It's hard to choose. But Tales wins out because it's new. SMI:SE isn't far behind, though.....not far behind at all.
  • edited July 2009
    I am not really exited about the new version of "The Secret Of Forehead Island"
  • edited July 2009
    ????
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI. I don't have an idea when MI:SE is coming out and I'm aware of the impending ToMI greatness.
  • edited July 2009
    I... I dunno if it's the lack of sleep, or something, but Monkey Island seems to be one of the things I'd rather not see right now... Excitement for any of the games has UTTERLY vanished...
  • edited July 2009
    Eh. I felt somewhat the same but watching the intro got me excited again. When you turn it on and play it you'll probably get excited again.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.