Defiance or Submission?

I am pondering about my first choice to submit to the Whitehills in this episode. I was only motivated by my desire to keep the Forresters out of harms way and especially Talia. I don't particular feel victorious here but at least I know that I did it for family.

Then I played the scene again where Rodrik defiantly stands up to Gryff. I personally felt more of a victory on this scene, as it shows that the Forresters are still unbroken. But I do feel like that my choice will have consequence for my family.

What do you think? Should we be submissive, letting go of our pride, in order to lure the Whitehills into a vulnerable position and protect family? Or should we be defiant in order to feel the sense of victory but makes the Whitehills all the more oppressive and possibility endanger our family?

I only hope that my choice to be submissive would be rewarded in the end, because I can only stand being beaten and humiliated for so long.

Comments

• Personally, I like the idea of the Forresters never bowing down to anyone. Mira stood tall, she never bowed or kneeled to Cersei, Ethan didn't bend the knee to Ramsay Snow and Rodrik didn't kiss Lord White Hill's ring. The scene where Rodrik gets up again and again after being knocked down is so damn powerful and felt so good. If I can, I'm making sure none of them ever bow or take shit from anyone for the next three episodes.

Honestly, I'd put my pride to the side in any other situation, but I'm on a no-bow-zone streak in this game, I can't let it go now.

• Nope, I am pretty confidant that, at least for me, not submitting was the best choice. Hell, even the usually cruel and brutal Whitehill Soldier were pretty shocked how Gryff punched Rodrik. And just look at how desperate Gryff became at the end. Not only does Gryff lose at least some respect from his soldier, it made him look weak and desperate, and us look strong and not willing to take any crap. I think, while it may prove very, very dangerous at first, submitting may become even more dangerous in the end. After all, who'd help someone who already has lost all respect and hope for victory in such a cruel world that A Game oh Thrones has?

• When Talia was on the ground shit got real. Made him threaten me with his sword and stood tall. Then he ran away crying.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.